When will R*star give another preview/more info

NintendoFanboy

NintendoFanboy

When does everybody think there will be another big magazine preview or video game site preview (IGN) on GTA IV. When do you think R*star will show more of the game and give us a release date?

I think it will go like this:

First the release date,then rockstar will promise previews and reviews for the game.

Previews are out,game comes out,everybody plays the game,reviews come in,and thats about it,I think.

Except we don't know when and with who.

NintendoFanboy
2or 3 more weeks flood gates have to reopen imo

Why do you feel that the floodgates HAVE to open? Because I think you will be disappointed then because I honeslty don't think R*star is going to say anthing about GTA IV until February the EARLIEST.

Well, I'd say we're close to the release date's unveiling. After that, who knows. The delay clearly sent askew most of the scheduled magazine articles and intended news. If I had to guess, I'd say Rockstar is winging it. Within the next month or so, look for a release date, then, who knows. It's getting close to crunch time, and unless there's another delay, some sort of information is inevitable.

We don't even know. It's not as if we can ask Rockstar. I'm guessing in the next month. It's not what they should be caring about. There is enough hype.

YourNeighborhoodKiller

What I can predict is, we will be getting a release date at the end of this month.

New account: Gezim

NintendoFanboy

There is going to be A LOT of disappointed people when this game gets delayed until Q4 2008 probably October.

There is going to be A LOT of disappointed people when this game gets delayed until Q4 2008 probably October.

Are you just goin around all of the topics saying the same thing? Do you only have a Wii or somethin. Dont worry you have supersmash bros.

Reincarnated Kenji

Guaranteed that they will release either previews, screenshots or a possible release date on January. I'm hoping they'll give out more info on the gameplay features.

Momentum has been building over the last month, I think a release month is coming very soon although I don't feel they will release a specific date until very close. I believe they will want to squash rumors and build hype upon their own merits not those of game retailers. False and misleading dates and facts reflects badly on Rockstar becuase it is their name and this title that is remembered in the future, not the heresay of anonymous sources.

As for magazine articles I think there might be more very close to its release with new and polished screens to entice a new and unsuspecting fanbase. It gets talk going on the streets, in the schools and across forums unlike ours whom arent so dedicated to this title. Very little new features will be revealed and I think thats better for the end product and its marketing appeal.

I would love an early February release becuase I want some solid game time before University begins again but I think realistically we will get a late march, early april release just after easter. You wouldnt want a crime rampant, greed influenced and murder for survival game like GTA to coincide with a time of what is suppose to be strong Christian values of love, tolerance and forgiveness. I dont give a hoot but it may turn parents away from purchasing it for their U18 children. Rockstar would know, despite the rules and regulations that the under 18 market is a huge one for them.

OysterBarron

Lol well Slamman mentioned that he had spotted the next EGM magazine (January edition) is supposed to have something to do with GTAIV in it. He did say he has no Idea what it is going to be about, but apparently EGM is really good in the states and always seem's to get some decent info. We shall just have to wait and see what exactly that info is. It may not contain anything new though.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Personally I don't think it will be delayed again... They've had ample time.... And by March Rockstar will HAVE to ship it finished or not.

Personally I don't think it will be delayed again... They've had ample time.... And by March Rockstar will HAVE to ship it finished or not.

why is that?

OysterBarron

why is that?

i must have missed the topic title saying: Do you Recon GTAIV will get delayed again and when will it come out.

Cummon guys this isnt the place to disscus it. Have you got anything useful to post if not dont bother

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

OysterBarron
According to this, the next EGM will have a GTA IV preview: (under "Next month" in the first post)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215633&

Let´s hope it´s a first of new previews...

i said that. next month does that mean febuary and not january like i said

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

The number that I linked to arrived in stores december 18 (january edition), so the next number should be out arond mid january (february edition).

But as you said oysterbarron, we have no idea what kind of preview this is so please folks, no overhype smile.gif

OysterBarron

The number that I linked to arrived in stores december 18 (january edition), so the next number should be out arond mid january (february edition).

But as you said oysterbarron, we have no idea what kind of preview this is so please folks, no overhype  smile.gif

please be the multiplayer preview pleases god

Well i wont be able to get this mag its only in the states isnt it.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Well i wont be able to get this mag its only in the states isnt it.

OysterBarron, there are some very dedicated people on this site, I am sure you will get to read it, just maybe not in its original format.

Your a retard. You obviously don't know sh*t, because if Take 2 don't release this game on the deadline, their company will be f*cked for money.

Your a retard. You obviously don't know sh*t, because if Take 2 don't release this game on the deadline, their company will be f*cked for money.

If they delay it any longer kids will start chewing on furniture.

Pitch tents, stock whole foods, and gather fire wood; we might survive this.

lmfao

Edited by crackdawg
user posted image

There wont be another delay I'm pretty sure they can get it out between Feb and April like they said. If they delay it further then we know for certain that its that stupid console called the PS3 holding the release back. mad.gif I only say that because I hear developers are finding it hard to develop games for the PS3.

No I'm not a fanboy of either console I don't own either. I would just be p*ssed if we couldn't get the game earlier than planned because the PS3 version was holding the 360 one back. bored.gif

NEVER!

or TOMORROW!

or LATER ON TODAY

but most likely AT SOME TIME