This is not a release date from a retailer

Magic_Al

You have to be a retailer to buy from this site. Without an account you do not see the wholesale price or an order link. They say 4/15/2008. It's notable it's not earlier than that. A further bit of info you can't see, but I can because we have an account on this site, is that this distributor is not even accepting pre-orders until 3/24/2008. Our store orders from this place every day. Their release dates slip ALL THE TIME. I once pre-ordered something in 2005 and didn't get it till before THIS Christmas (2007). So I have no idea if GTA4 will be out in mid-April. It does make me pretty sure it WON'T be out before then. Or they'd LET ME PRE-ORDER IT.

If anyone else here works in retail, what are your distributors giving as a release date? We don't actually sell videogames, this distributor just happens to carry Xbox too. We're not hooked up with videogame distributors on purpose so I wonder what other distributors are saying. Nobody but other retail managers/purchasers reply to this please. This thread is NOT for discussing release dates provided by RETAILERS, see the big red text in the banner.

Just having the phrase "Release date" in your topic is going to get you yelled at.

Take cover!

EDIT: Also, I doubt Rockstar told the 'wholesale' place the release date either, so they have about as much of a clue as any retailer. This thread is useless.

OysterBarron

stop trying to be clever

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

MysteryGamer

Here's hoping TwoTake announce the release date relatively soon so these threads will finally come to a halt.

LukeWALTON9190

if they knew the date, R* would have had to tell them it

so why would R* tell them instead of putting it up on their site, telling ALL retailers, telling forum mods

basicly making it official confused.gif

not tryin to be a dick or owt, just sayin

We've bought through this place for years and we've NEVER gotten something EARLIER than they said. My main point is I think this is a sign it won't be earlier than April. I'm not saying this is "official", but it is not the same thing as a retailer trying build hype and lure pre-orders. This distributor has no "public" image and is not even accepting pre-orders FROM STORES until 3/24/2008. They listed whatever info TakeTwo gave them. All Take Two has to do is refuse to confirm it and it stays unofficial. Everybody knows release dates are fluid.

This is why I asked for professional responses from people with access to distribution information, because otherwise people just say it's another release date thread. It's not. Distributors don't hype product, they just try to be efficient. That's why it's more credible than a retailer. If you don't have a job purchasing software for a store you probably don't know how to judge this information.

Edited by Magic_Al

NO

MORE

TOPICS

ON

RELEASE

DATES

UNTIL

ANNOUNCED

BY

ROCKSTAR

!!!

What in god's name is so hard about that people!?

OysterBarron
We've bought through this place for years and we've NEVER gotten something EARLIER than they said. My main point is I think this is a sign it won't be earlier than April. I'm not saying this is "official", but it is not the same thing as a retailer trying build hype and lure pre-orders. This distributor has no "public" image and is not even accepting pre-orders FROM STORES until 3/28/2008. They listed whatever info TakeTwo gave them. All Take Two has to do is refuse to confirm it and it stays unofficial. Everybody knows release dates are fluid.

This is why I asked for professional responses from people with access to distribution information, because otherwise people just say it's another release date thread. It's not. Distributors don't hype product, they just try to be efficient. That's why it's more credible than a retailer. If you don't have a job purchasing software for a store you probably don't know how to judge this information.

well i tell you what if you have a relationship with the distributor how about asking them where they got the infomation from in the first place due to the fact a date has not officialy been announced yet.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

NO

MORE

TOPICS

ON

RELEASE

DATES

UNTIL

ANNOUNCED

BY

ROCKSTAR

!!!

What in god's name is so hard about that people!?

Release dates provided by ~~retailers~~ are NOT reliable and are NOT official. Don't bother posting them.

Stay in school, kids.

well i tell you what if you have a relationship with the distributor how about asking them where they got the infomation from in the first place due to the fact a date has not officialy been announced yet.

Probably the same place they got the product's UPC code even though nobody has a box to scan the barcode from yet. I'm off work today but I'll see what I can find out when I'm back on. Unless people are too hostile to accept any information from me. It's not my fault people want to group my thread with lame threads of the past that I had nothing to do with. I'm tired of those threads too. I see a difference between an internal distribution estimate and a retail advertisement.

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Hahah, did you even read the title Vercetti21?

I guess not.

New account: Gezim

Yes, I read it. And like I said:

It doesn't matter where you get a release date from, it's bullsh*t unless it's from R*.

Release date topics are annoying, plain and simple.

Edited by Vercetti21

hawkstorm182

Anyone can make up a release date any retailer, wholesaler anyone. They are not realiable unless they come from T2 Or R* it does not matter how credable these people say the retailer or wholesaler have been in the past it is a made up or predicted guess at release date.

R* released one for Oct. and that was bullsh*t. Can we really trust them any more?

OysterBarron
R* released one for Oct. and that was bullsh*t. Can we really trust them any more?

yeah good point so in that case can we actually trust distributors or retailers

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Ha! biggrin.gif

Look, if nothing else people now know where retailers are getting their dates from.

I only ask, why would the system set up to get the product into stores be using this date if there was ANY chance it would come out earlier? Actually refusing to accept orders from stores until 3/24/08? If I want to say how many copies I want right now, I can't! I'm not saying the date is right, I'm just asking people to think about the fact that this date is what we (our store) has to work with right now.

hawkstorm182

course we can. R* gave a date of oct. they messed up so we suddenly dont trust them lol game developers get release dates wrong or misjudge them all the time but just becuause there not as high profile as gta means you dont hear about them so much. so if they announce the release date tommorow as say 14th march we are supposed to not believe that and continue speculating. WTF!!.

course we can. R* gave a date of oct. they messed up so we suddenly dont trust them lol game developers get release dates wrong or misjudge them all the time but just becuause there not as high profile as gta means you dont hear about them so much. so if they announce the release date tommorow as say 14th march we are supposed to not believe that and continue speculating. WTF!!.

Well, in the past they always f*ck up the dates. Halo 3 even came out on time for christ sake! That's right R*, if your reading this, either give us the date soon, or we wont trust you!

Ha! biggrin.gif

Look, if nothing else people now know where retailers are getting their dates from.

I only ask, why would the system set up to get the product into stores be using this date if there was ANY chance it would come out earlier? Actually refusing to accept orders from stores until 3/24/08? If I want to say how many copies I want right now, I can't! I'm not saying the date is right, I'm just asking people to think about the fact that this date is what we (our store) has to work with right now.

IT'S THEIR GUESS!

They can't HONESTLY say "Rockstar won't release their game before this time" BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO f*ckING CLUE! They simply guesstimated so that they CAN have some sort of date.

Did it ever cross your mind that they DON'T have some magical power for getting information before every other person in the world? THEY'RE f*ckING GUESSING.

For Christ's sake, people are f*cking idiots.

hawkstorm182

Well, in the past they always f*ck up the dates. Halo 3 even came out on time for christ sake! That's right R*, if your reading this, either give us the date soon, or we wont trust you!

OK Dont trust them then when its released you wont get it as you wont trust the date it comes out so you will still be waiting for it.

At least the October release date was official, though, and the closest to an actual release date we've had. All of these bullsh*t releases that retailers - and wholesalers - and whoever else that isn't R* are coming up with are simply pulling it out of their asses, and none of them are worthy of topics here at GTAF.

OK Dont trust them then when its released you wont get it as you wont trust the date it comes out so you will still be waiting for it.

I trust R* now, but in the future dont expect the first release date to be the exact.

They_All_Float

I thought this was a somewhat interesting a topic, but everyone wants to try to be the top ass; turning this thread to sh*t. If you have nothing credible to say, stfu!

OysterBarron
We've bought through this place for years and we've NEVER gotten something EARLIER than they said. My main point is I think this is a sign it won't be earlier than April.  I'm not saying this is "official", but it is not the same thing as a retailer trying build hype and lure pre-orders. This distributor has no "public" image and is not even accepting pre-orders FROM STORES until 3/28/2008. They listed whatever info TakeTwo gave them.  All Take Two has to do is refuse to confirm it and it stays unofficial.  Everybody knows release dates are fluid.

This is why I asked for professional responses from people with access to distribution information, because otherwise people just say it's another release date thread.  It's not.  Distributors don't hype product, they just try to be efficient.  That's why it's more credible than a retailer.  If you don't have a job purchasing software for a store you probably don't know how to judge this information.

well i did give him a chance but its weird how i make a valid point and the topic poster does not reply to it.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

This topic is like every other release date topic.

I'm not trying to be a top ass, I just think these threads are annoying and they sh*t up the forum.

AngelArchHunter

i didnt want to start a new topic so i thought i would post here.

if you email take2. they say the release date is the end of january it is very strange.

try it for your self

[email protected]

just ask when is grand theft auto 4 being released.

user posted image

They_All_Float

Next time you find a topic stupid dont reply to it and let it slip from the page. OR! Report it, let the mods decide. rampage_ani.gif "stop sh*tting up the forum"

angelarch- very strange... confused.gif

Edited by They_All_Float

Next time you find a topic stupid dont reply to it and let it slip from the page. OR! Report it, let the mods decide.  rampage_ani.gif

That's what is done. But the mods are slow to respond, and when you get fifty of the same dumbass threads per day you get a bit pissed off.

YourNeighborhoodKiller

This topic is like every other release date topic.

I'm not trying to be a top ass, I just think these threads are annoying and they sh*t up the forum.

The only thing sh*tting up the forum is you spamming it.

New account: Gezim