ZModeler or 3DSM?

AndreONEz

Hi,I have a simple question:which is better between 3DSM and ZModeler for vehicles' modeling?

3DSM, of course. But You can only have a 30-day trial, after which You have to buy it. It costs about 5000-6000$. And it needs better hardware.

3DSM, of course. But You can only have a 30-day trial, after which You have to buy it. It costs about 5000-6000$. And it needs better hardware.

Unless you like to be able to make the collision file easily. Zmod is easier to use and better for SA vehicles I would say, but I am biased.

3DSMax is the more proffesional modeller of the two but harder to create anything initially, if you like banging your head off a brick wall for a while till you learn then this is the one to go for.

Incedentally I use both as they each have their good and bad points, istead of making a job to suit my tools I make my tools suit the job. How it should be.

im using both too but id never say that zmod is easier to use or easier to "create anything initially", it looks less complicated/detailed but for modelling purposes max is the winner imo and the basics are the same as in zmod just with more options and tools, you cant even box model in zmod

maybe zmod is better to get started with cause beginners dont get lost as fast as if youd give em max

youre right about vehicle cols, kams is useless for exporting custom ones

Oh anyway can sosmebody list here a needed plugins etc for 3ds max or Zmodeler that after i will do what i need it wil work in-game after i repleace?? I'm talking about creating objects (buildings, furniture, etc.) not vehicles. I searched at forum but there is too much things and i couldynt find what exactly download and what to do in steps from creating objct to exporting it etc.

If sosmebody can do this what i ask i will be glad and i will appreciate it. tounge.gif

3Ds MAX is too expensive i think, Zmodeler haven't got a lot of features, but it's okay.

I heard that there is Gmax (something like 3Ds MAX, but for free and with less features), but i think it's good enough for modding GTA, because you can use Kams maxscript with it.

Oh anyway can sosmebody list here a needed plugins etc for 3ds max or Zmodeler that after i will do what i need it wil work in-game after i repleace?? I'm talking about creating objects (buildings, furniture, etc.) not vehicles. I searched at forum but there is too much things and i couldynt find what exactly download and what to do in steps from creating objct to exporting it etc.

If sosmebody can do this what i ask i will be glad and i will appreciate it. tounge.gif

Zmod2 needs no plug ins but if you are going to model peds its useless for putting them in game as Max is the only one that has a plugin for it.

Look in the tools section for the Max plugins or links, most are by Kam or Dexx.