Java crashing on IE7!

Ring_of_Fire

Ring_of_Fire

user posted image

This doesn't happen on Firefox, why? I resetted my broswer to the factory defaults for IE7 so this refreshes any addons/plugins/ActiveX controls. Also, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Java, but verifying it never works.

You are gonna keep hearing this, but, why the f*ck are you using IE?

Try using an older version of Java, I had a couple problems with the new one.

But honestly just use firefox.

Ring_of_Fire

So many people dislike IE7, wow. Wait till IE8 comes out...

Anyway, if the Java verification works on Firefox then I really don't think this is a Java problem.

EDIT:

As shocking as this may sound, my problem was *solved* by creating a brand-new Windows Vista administrative user account (seemingly like uninstalling/reinstalling Windows Vista fresh). It may appear that some registry corruption was in my "Ring_of_Fire" account. I am currently going to use CCleaner to see if it can clear up any mess in that account. Also, I am gonna do a Diagnostic Startup as well as Safe Mode.  colgate.gif

Alright guys, what I could do as well was to set the "Ring_of_Fire" account to a Standard account and it worked! But as soon as I set it to an Admin, it doesn't! WTF

Mod can close this thread ... *problem solved* by the great troubleshooting master ROF.

For people wondering why I striked out my post - my NTUSER.DAT file was corrupted. I just created a new account, called it "Ring_of_Fire", and then copy and pasted all my documents that I backed up from another account. So, sometimes uninstalling/reinstalling the OS is NEVER necessary. Just simply create a new account.

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

So many people dislike IE7, wow. Wait till IE8 comes out...

Not to start a debate about it, but people do have their reasons for disliking it.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.