Am I seeing double?

FrozenFire

In these two screenshots, Niko has the same expression. Or at least, incredibly similar.

This brings me to a question...

Whenever we've got our gun aimed, will an expression automatically pop up or something? Or maybe only after we've fired.

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3877_gta_iv.jpg

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3488_gta_iv_niko_armed.jpg

Also, Niko has perfect teeth. Lol.

They probably use the same facial expressions for all rage. It could also be a conspiracy, and they are rendering bits to make us think the game has made progress... rolleyes.gif

user posted image

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Does it really matter? It's an expression, deal with it.

New account: Gezim

Do you think I was complaining or something?

I was simply acknowledging that I thought they looked similar. I found it interesting, actually. I was asking what people think will trigger the expressions.

Please don't be so hostile when nobody has argued yet.

It's actually a fair question about the game. As with advances in next generation gaming and the engines/physics that apply, Things will be different... Oh, sorry to use that again, but, hey, why not!?

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Who cares if he makes a face or not, it's an expression, many games have had this feature before.

New account: Gezim

It's actually a fair question about the game. As with advances in next generation gaming and the engines/physics that apply, Things will be different... Oh, sorry to use that again, but, hey, why not!?

Shenmue had the best textures and expressions I've ever seen. Wonder if that's why SEGA went bankrupt right after the release..?

I think there's something to be said about a game that's still more advanced than titles being released 7 years later.

user posted image

Who cares if he makes a face or not, it's an expression, many games have had this feature before.

If you don't care about the subject of the topic at hand, then you can always leave, rather than posting things like "who cares". Because you know, believe it or not, everyone has their own opinion. Just because you don't care about it, doesn't mean no one else does.

Anyway, I think they look similar, but not exactly the same. Maybe it's just the camera angle, but they look a little different to me. Also, not sure if anyone's noticed this, but in the first screenshot, there's a sign that says:

"Steinway ^

Bohan South"

Just thought I'd point that out.

Slosten.gif

If you don't care about the subject of the topic at hand, then you can always leave, rather than posting things like "who cares". Because you know, believe it or not, everyone has their own opinion. Just because you don't care about it, doesn't mean no one else does.

Anyway, I think they look similar, but not exactly the same. Maybe it's just the camera angle, but they look a little different to me. Also, not sure if anyone's noticed this, but in the first screenshot, there's a sign that says:

"Steinway ^

Bohan South"

Just thought I'd point that out.

I've seen "who cares?" in most responses pertaining to subjects on realism in GTA IV. Hope R* cares so the game isn't boring like the people who keep saying that.

user posted image

computergeek

haha, nice eye there. i suppose characters do now have expressions... unfortunately, they never change the way the hold their guns either. Why on earth is niko's middle finger so short?!

haha, nice eye there. i suppose characters do now have expressions... unfortunately, they never change the way the hold their guns either. Why on earth is niko's middle finger so short?!

yeah but Niko's middle finger isn't short it's just bending.

Niko has a similar expression in this screenshot, too. Not to mention most others where he is wielding a weapon, with the exception of this one, where he is seemingly yelling/screaming/etc.

In trailer three, however, the only time we see Niko's face completely while shooting, he remains emotionless.

... ph34r.gif

Edited by Spartacus

My Sig

My Sig

Wow, that really contributes to the topic. sarcasm.gif

Anyways, Facial expression is important if you ask me, I mean...would it make sense if he kept the same expression the whole game?

user posted image

He was dealt with! sneaky2.gif

I think facial expressions never used to matter, but yeah, with next gen it shouldnt be hard to do, so no excuse!

x3FWE.png

computergeek

yeah but Niko's middle finger isn't short it's just bending.

nah, I know its bending...but... why don't you try this little experiment.

>make a fist

>clench the bottom of that fist with you other hand

now tell me how often your index finger(of the clenching hand) appears longer than your middle finger. Chances are, it isn't simply because it has more fist to travel over than your middle finger and is genetically usually shorter. Now in the image though, the middle finger is depicted as the shortest finger clutching Niko's hand so clearly, theres been a mistake. It also looks wrong. Thats what i was pointing out. colgate.gif

If by bending you mean, bending the figer itself so that its the only finger not clutching but rather digging into the hand, then i won't arguing with you there... except thats a rather uncomfortable way to handle a firearm. notify.gif

think of it this way

dont make any facial expressions take a picture of yourself

5 minutes later take another pic

what do you know the expressions look almost exactly the same

try it with different expressions as well you will look very simarlar

these 2 pics are simarlar but they are realistic

Well, most people look the same all the time. I'm glad he has any facial expressions at all. The other characters just shot like vegetables.

When Niko fires the machine gun it looks as though he's screaming. I think that he'll react differently to certain guns.

A lot of games have facial expressions for shooting..

in the end when you fire a gun at somebody, you're not gonna see it anyway, cause Niko's back will be towards the screen.

It's a lot cooler that in the trailer when Niko fires the assault rifle up the stairs, he slides back with the recoil.

OysterBarron

Do you think I was complaining or something?

I was simply acknowledging that I thought they looked similar. I found it interesting, actually. I was asking what people think will trigger the expressions.

Please don't be so hostile when nobody has argued yet.

well due to the fact he is holding the same pistol i think thats his pistol firing face, I expect him to have a massive evil smile on his face when he uses the rocket launcher lol

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Who Cares? Your not going to be seeing that camera angle when he shoots because you woun't be able to see the person who your shooting, and camera angle is Gears of War style, and did you shoot like that in gears of war? No.

Best song ever= Avenged Sevenfold- Sieze the day

Sieze the Day Music Video

Best albums ever= City of Evil

The Sufferer & The Witness

Best Artists Ever= Rise Against

Avenged Sevenfold

OysterBarron
Who Cares? Your not going to be seeing that camera angle when he shoots because you woun't be able to see the person who your shooting, and camera angle is Gears of War style, and did you shoot like that in gears of war? No.

lol do you know what you are talking about, Im sure in gears of war when you blindfired you still saw your characters face. with the same feature confirmed to be in GTAIV then we will be able to see Nikos face. also did you forget that in previous GTA incarnations you have been able to rotate the camera 360 degrees around your character to see the front of him, which also allowed you to get the perspective asif the main character was shooting at you.

Also i think we shall see many cutscenes where niko is shooting at people and we can see the front of his face.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Rockstar cares.

So to all of you idiots who don't care, shut the f*ck up, and get out of the forum.

I noticed the two expressions were similar the minute I saw the newer screenshot. And the teeth are kind-of ridiculous. They really aren't looking realistic, at all. His hands are also too perfect in the shots, they wouldn't look so soft and young. I wish his expressions weren't so, downright weird. But I could go on and on..

b& for posting naughty pictures

I noticed the two expressions were similar the minute I saw the newer screenshot. And the teeth are kind-of ridiculous. They really aren't looking realistic, at all. His hands are also too perfect in the shots, they wouldn't look so soft and young. I wish his expressions weren't so, downright weird. But I could go on and on..

"too perfect"??

You want him to have a unique facial expression for every action he preforms everytime single time? He is obviously going to have a similar facial expression everytime he preforms the same action ie this case firing a weapon. If you notice his face expression is not identical? Also his hand placements are slightly different too. You people expect way too much.

@ FrozenFire who are you to tell people to gtfo of the forums? All becasue they disagree with you. I respect you're opinion, but you are being too picky.

Edited by Darrel

You want him to have a unique facial expression for every action he preforms everytime single time? He is obviously going to have a similar facial expression everytime he preforms the same action ie this case firing a weapon. If you notice his face expression is not identical? Also his hand placements are slightly different too. You people expect way too much.

I wish for once, someone would read my posts, and try to understand what i'm saying.

I POINTED OUT that his facial expression is SIMILAR. I was simply STATING that. I never COMPLAINED. Nobody in this f*cking thread has complained about it, even.

Reading and comprehension please.