Ok, find this.

FrozenFire

Since so many people say there won't be haircuts, and "it's been confirmed by Rockstar"....find that news story for me. Find the preview that it said "No haircuts"

Because as far as I remember, Rockstar just said "We won't be customizing Niko a la San Andreas"

Which at first, people took that as "OMG NO CLOTHES" but now we can all see different outfits.

We also see different haircuts in pictures, which I THOUGHT people would use their common sense to gather "Hey, haircuts too" but noo, they insist Rockstar said "No haircuts."

-First of all, how long ago did we see the first pictures of Niko? So that means they've gone with THAT hairstyle from then, all the way to the third trailer. That's a long time. Why would they change the character model so drastically? Sure, they added a blue stripe to his jacket, but changing half of his face? Not likely.

And don't point out that Niko's face has, in fact, changed. That's not the type of change i'm talking about. The change that happened to his face was some clearing up. Making it more videogame-like. Instead of having about 40 sweat pores per square inch of his face, like in that one picture.

-Second, they've shown us pictures of him bald, nearly bald, and with a full head of hair. All of them were out of order, and a lot of time was between them.

-First shots had Niko with full hair

-Then down the line, they showed us Niko with a cleanly cut head.

-Then after that, completely bald

-Then they started showing us more of the normal Niko hair

Sure, if all they showed us was ONE change in the hair, and all the screenshots after that were THAT hairstyle, THEN I would believe they changed the model. But they've shown us a wide variety of hairstyles, all in different orders.

Again, let me point out that everyone gathered "We can't change clothes" From their misunderstanding of Rockstar the first time, so why are we all so stuck on "No haircuts." now?

I know it's not a big deal, but there aren't any good topics being made anyway, mine won't be the only one.

But yeah, i'd like someone to link me to the preview that ROCKSTAR themselves said there will be absolutely no haircuts.

Well, consider this.

Perhaps Niko can get hair "cuts," but not hair styles.

i.e. his hair grows out, he gets it shaved, it grows out again.

I say this because all of the different hair types we've seen have been the same shape, just different lengths.

Or maybe I'm stupid. :-O I dunno, I haven't examined the images that closely. That's what it seems like to me.

I kind of hope they at least make it so his hair grows out and he can get it cut but not lengthened, which was illogical in SA. (But then, what wasn't?)

Well, consider this.

I say this because all of the different hair types we've seen have been the same shape, just different lengths.

Or maybe I'm stupid. :-O I dunno, I haven't examined the images that closely. That's what it seems like to me.

I kind of hope they at least make it so his hair grows out and he can get it cut but not lengthened, which was illogical in SA. (But then, what wasn't?)

Actually.. "Hair growing" Seems a bit...ahead of the times. It's kind of...unnecessary.

It would be just as annoying as needing to eat in San Andreas. "Aw sh*t, I liked my hair how it was, why did it have to grow?"

His hair doesn't change shape because that's Niko's hairline...if that's what you're talking about. And Rockstar are keeping the hairstyles REALISTIC for the theme and character. Unlike CJ getting purple hair and sh*t.

But again, can't anyone link me to this elusive preview?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gta4 heres proof

scroll down to Differences from previous Grand Theft Auto games fifth bullet point

Said it before, I'll say it again.

Anyone can edit Wikipedia, the source doesn't have to be reliable. They don't even check for it, as long if there IS a source.

You are not currently logged in. While you are free to edit without logging in, be aware that doing so will allow your IP address...

scroll down to Differences from previous Grand Theft Auto games fifth bullet point

Anyone can edit Wikipedia, the source doesn't have to be reliable. They don't even check for it, as long if there IS a source.

You are not currently logged in. While you are free to edit without logging in, be aware that doing so will allow your IP address...

Oh well sorry but this seems quite reliable but whatever

Well you're right about that... It's the closest to a confirmation thus far.

jacquesdutronc

It's nothing like a confirmation. The footnote for this particular "fact" leads you to a Kikizo preview which doesn't once mention hair or any customization.

There is no preview that says no haircuts. There is only a preview that says we cant make him fat, skinny, etc. Now, we know that characters go through changes during development. But they dont show US the huge drastic changes. They might show us a really early screenshot, of their final choice. Kinda like how Niko looks a little different than how he looked in trailer 1.

He still looks like him, but you can tell they decided to make him look a little better. R* are way passed makin changes to how people look. The game will be out in 3 or 4 months, they are done with all of that. We have seen 3 different hairstyles. Now unless our hair magically changes with each outfit, then i pretty sure we can get haircuts.

computergeek

Well, to the best of my knowledge, Rockstar neither confirmed nor denied haircuts, so really we may soon end up arguing the same things:

haircuts are out because R* didn't say they were in

haircuts are in because R* didn't say they were out

with all those random previews where people selectively pick quotes from to prove their points in between.

The only thing i know of to do with Niko's customization is that you cannot physically change his appearance through things like working out.

It's nothing like a confirmation. The footnote for this particular "fact" leads you to a Kikizo preview which doesn't once mention hair or any customization.

Good point but Wiki has always been a reliable source to me. Anyway there is no confirmation so again I have to say we'll just have to wait for the game to come out or for R* to confirm it.

i must say niko looks different to how he did in trailer 1 he looks a bit less ugly now

and a bit younger and tougher in trailer 1 he looked like a 45 year old family man

but now he looks more like a 37 year old mobster

GamerShotgun

Growing hair? People, stop dreaming. This is a freakin' game, not a SIMS life simulator for f*cks sake!

Magazines basically say 'no more tattoo's, no more fat, and no more pink mo-hawks'. Some people think 'oh, no haircuts sad.gif'

I don't think it's confirmed by Rockstar themselfs, but if I come along it, I'll post it.

Well some people really are ignorant. When R* said no returning characters someone said GTA4 will e a new universe where old characters never existed confused.gif How stupid you have to be to say such things.

And haircuts are obviously different in each trailer and some screens.

See the number next to your 'proof'? Click that link, and find where it says that. I couldn't find any reference in that article on being able to change your hairstyle or physique. Which means, your 'proof' isn't anything but speculation.

Although, here's something I found:

As for customisation, you won’t be able to customise your character like you could with C.J. in San Andreas. So no worrying about building up your stamina and improving your muscles at the gym or what type of hairstyle you want.

Source.

Since so many people say there won't be haircuts, and "it's been confirmed by Rockstar"....find that news story for me. Find the preview that it said "No haircuts"

Because as far as I remember, Rockstar just said "We won't be customizing Niko a la San Andreas"

Which at first, people took that as "OMG NO CLOTHES" but now we can all see different outfits.

We also see different haircuts in pictures, which I THOUGHT people would use their common sense to gather "Hey, haircuts too" but noo, they insist Rockstar said "No haircuts."

-First of all, how long ago did we see the first pictures of Niko? So that means they've gone with THAT hairstyle from then, all the way to the third trailer. That's a long time. Why would they change the character model so drastically? Sure, they added a blue stripe to his jacket, but changing half of his face? Not likely.

And don't point out that Niko's face has, in fact, changed. That's not the type of change i'm talking about. The change that happened to his face was some clearing up. Making it more videogame-like. Instead of having about 40 sweat pores per square inch of his face, like in that one picture.

-Second, they've shown us pictures of him bald, nearly bald, and with a full head of hair. All of them were out of order, and a lot of time was between them.

-First shots had Niko with full hair

-Then down the line, they showed us Niko with a cleanly cut head.

-Then after that, completely bald

-Then they started showing us more of the normal Niko hair

Sure, if all they showed us was ONE change in the hair, and all the screenshots after that were THAT hairstyle, THEN I would believe they changed the model. But they've shown us a wide variety of hairstyles, all in different orders.

Again, let me point out that everyone gathered "We can't change clothes" From their misunderstanding of Rockstar the first time, so why are we all so stuck on "No haircuts." now?

I know it's not a big deal, but there aren't any good topics being made anyway, mine won't be the only one.

But yeah, i'd like someone to link me to the preview that ROCKSTAR themselves said there will be absolutely no haircuts.

I personally never subscribed to that theory or read it as fact. I think it's part of the aspect that makes Niko or Roman who they are; their physical appearence, not relating to clothes. Things like a beard and mustache?... MAYBE!

OysterBarron

Niko is not customizable as it was possible with CJ in GTA: San Andreas, but you'll be able to style him with different outfits. The reason for this is that after they got Niko's physics and look "dead right", it was difficult implementing features that will allow the customization of his body.

allthough it does not say that hair is not customisable, when they say they have got the look of niko just right and didnt want to mess about with him, this look would drastically change if you gave niko a mohecan.

I would expect hair growth of witch you can get it cut back to a semi skin head as seen in the screenshots, But with niko having those receding hair lines That only happen when your starting to lose your hair of old age. i hardly expect him to actuall be able to grow his hair really long.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

It's a shame really, I wanted to play Niko as a black man with a mohawk, aka MR. T!!!!

I pity the Rockstar* fool! biggrin.gif

Well some people really are ignorant. When R* said no returning characters someone said GTA4 will e a new universe where old characters never existed confused.gif How stupid you have to be to say such things.

And haircuts are obviously different in each trailer and some screens.

VURTUALLY

that is one of the things to be thought said

the other was

dan houser just gave a wink

I think a better question would be "Do you guys possibly, even remotely, care about haircuts in the game?" Though it would be nice to shut those people up who are too quick to dismiss things!

Holy sh*t I thought all of GTAForums was full of dumbasses who're like "OmG WIkIPEDIA IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VANDALIZ3D, NEVERMIND THE FACT THAT THINGS ARE CiT3D, ANYONE CAN EDIT."

No, dumbasses, the point was that the cited source doesn't mention anything like that, so go f*cking do your job and remove the bullet altogether.

Thanks for not being dumb and pointing it out, jacquesdutronc.

Actually.. if you look at the wikicode, it's citing http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/ps3/game/news...308105930968037 but for some damned reason clicking on the citation f*cking link whatever man I hate recalling proper terms it leads you to the kikizo preview.

Edited by nlitement

LukeWALTON9190

i havent read the previous posts so if this has already been said; sorry

but you will still be able to customise your character, but they spent so much time getting him right it would take ages to make EVERY piece of clothing

so we will still probably be able to buy clothes and accessories but as for haircuts, we might be able to choose from a few, but we wont be getting crazy afros or sick dreads, just normal ones to suit Niko's style

(I think thats is, don't quote me if im wrong!) tounge.gif

Well, consider this.

Yeah, and if you run out of money, and can't cut your hair, you'll look like, and be - a bum.

Playstation3 Name: Simseth

Add me!