Will GTAIV garner a lot of controversy?

gtaIV_fan

This thought has been bouncing around my head for a few months now so I thought I'd post it here, see what everyone else thinks.

GTAIV is going to be one the best games of 2008 and with the new realism that its going to have in terms of increased gore when running pedestrians over, the new blood dynamics and the high def visuals of an apparent realistic New York City.

Obviously this game has to attract some strong media attention? I would definitely think so. I remember they did say you wouldn't feel entirely comfortable when committing a murder. Im thinking killing peds must be gory and real enough to make us almost feel slightly guilty when playing. turn.gif If its as real as we hope this type of play will no doubt turn heads.

So what you people think? I would have thought it would be mentioned on Fox News because they are based in NY. biggrin.gif

Although what about other news networks? Will this stir up more controversy and debate than previous released titles?

Did GTAIII make the news when it was released? I cant remember too well as I was only 11 then, but was fully aware of the game. biggrin.gif

Wow, I just read that I cant wait to kill that lawyer and hear him say that. "Guns dont kill people, Video Games do!" Bam. Jack Thompson is dead!

Jordan is already booked for ABC news, apparently there will be another guest to debate with him. JT ?

Jordan is already booked for ABC news, apparently there will be another guest to debate with him. JT ?

I didn't know that, it should be in the official news topic.

when?

Look! Im banned!

Justin is awesome.

Cant wait for it. Jordan will show him up.

haha Jordan vs JT cage match wrestlemania 24 rgt around time GTA will be released, perfct fit.

when is interview spot or is it TBA

haha Jordan vs JT cage match wrestlemania 24 rgt around time GTA will be released, perfct fit.

when is interview spot or is it TBA

happy.gif Its going to be a good one.

Cant wait for it. Jordan will show him up.

when is it?

Look! Im banned!

Justin is awesome.

when is interview spot or is  it TBA

That rgt there is worth buyin ppv.Happy new year Darrel.

GTA will def garner news coverage from fox news an the likes i am sure, that week leading up

2 the release will be crazy

when is interview spot or is  it TBA

That rgt there is worth buyin ppv.Happy new year Darrel.

GTA will def garner news coverage from fox news an the likes i am sure, that week leading up

2 the release will be crazy

you too man

when!?!

yEAH when is it dont do R* on us give us info then go cold turky on us.

Look! Im banned!

Justin is awesome.

Wow, I just read that I cant wait to kill that lawyer and hear him say that. "Guns dont kill people, Video Games do!" Bam. Jack Thompson is dead!

That comment right there is a prime example of why people blame video games for violence.

GTA III was very controversial. It was banned in Australia, and re-made to be released again.

I think Rockstar may have stepped up, and matured the gaming in IV, so that altough it may be funny, it could be serious at the same time. I like that. I think that Rockstar really know what they are doing in IV, since they have had 5 other 3D GTA titles to look at, and see what they did wrong.

yes you will feel a litttle guilty when runniung a good person over that is why i will only do it when i have to or accidentally do

I didn't know that, it should be in the official news topic.

I think Adriaan was just joking guys. smile.gif

yes you will feel a litttle guilty when runniung a good person over that is why i will only do it when i have to or accidentally do

Yeah I will too unless, I really want to kill someone for fun. smile.gif

Yeah GTAIV has gained a bit of controversy but thats not much at all Im wondering if this game will be talked about for months to come?

Maturing the game doesn't automatically mean "more gore".

It's not gonna be mindless killing like old GTA's... so maybe it'll even garner attention for it's beautiful and sensitive commentary on the role of violence in American urban communities. But not likely sly.gif

beckfordisgod

i personally think they will pussy out and tone it down compared to other gtas's cos of mh2

Nah definitely not I'm sure there are a lot more gorier games than GTAIV out or coming out soon.

There is going to be more gore in terms of realism thats what is gonna get this game so much attention from the media. This is gonna be a really realistic game throughout and there is potential to see strong graphic violence such as running someone over or shooting them at pointblank range.

The car wont just run over them flat like in SA we will likely see heads smashing windows and bodies crumpling and screaming far more realistically. And a shot to the face will most likely have it blown off with masses of blood everywhere much more real than previous titles.(Maybe ever seen before?)

This is what I want to see in IV I wouldn't want them to pussy out of making it as engaging as possible.

fishermanGTA

If the past has anything to do with

predicting the future, yes.

For some reason the media has decided

to make GTA their bitch, and has unfairly singled

it out as a game that will destroy our youth.

Why don't they go pick on some game such as Resistance Fall of Man, which

is much more violent AND gory than any GTA title.

I tried for as long as possible in SA to avoid killing peds and cops(minus gang members and drug dealers) but once they start jumping in front of your car and cops chase you for trying to save them you kinda give that up.

Hopefully in 4 with the better AI I will actually be able to achieve some form of morality. I personally think the smarter AI will affect the way a lot of people play this game. Of course rampages are fun and are just a natural component of GTA play but i think you will connect with the character, the city and the storyline a lot more in this one. You will see the pedestrians as more of a living being rather than some IQ10, repetively reproduced puppet.

I personally cant see it being critiscised any more than any previous gta title and it certainly isnt as gorey as other games on the market. If anything, (minus the already disturbed minds) this should go something towards dispelling the titles percieved evil representation.