3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

SA-MP hosting on your on PC

matt11504

im trying to host a server on my PC so i can test things.

i set up the server and started the server up but what will the IP be?

i put my IP in but what about the port?

the default is 7777, i tired adding theat to my favorites but nothing showed up.

UPDATE: i think i have it working

Edited by matt11504

if you want to setup a SA-MP server on your computer that YOU host, this is how you do it.

1. download the SA-MP windows or linux server (depending on which operating system your running) from HERE

2. once you have that downloaded extract the files to a folder named "samp" and put that folder inside your San Andreas Installation folder.

3. inside the folder you created in step 2, open the server.cfg file and change your rcon password by deleting the text "changeme" and putting your password there. and save the changes.

4. click samp- server.exe then open up SA-MP and add your server to you favorites by clicking the add server icon in the favorites tab and type in your IP address then add :7777 after your IP. once you added the server click connect and your on your own server.

to login as admin do /rcon login password while playing on the server. hint: "password" will be the password you typed into the server.cfg file in step 3

if you want to setup a SA-MP server on your computer that YOU host, this is how you do it.

1. download the SA-MP windows or linux server (depending on which operating system your running) from HERE

2. once you have that downloaded extract the files to a folder named "samp" and put that folder inside your San Andreas Installation folder.

3. inside the folder you created in step 2, open the server.cfg file and change your rcon password by deleting the text "changeme" and putting your password there. and save the changes.

4. click samp- server.exe then open up SA-MP and add your server to you favorites by clicking the add server icon in the favorites tab and type in your IP address then add :7777 after your IP. once you added the server click connect and your on your own server.

to login as admin do /rcon login password while playing on the server. hint: "password" will be the password you typed into the server.cfg file in step 3

I love you Matt.

Nice guide btw.

tounge.gif

It Worked!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

It Worked!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

For the server to work you need to have the Server.exe file always on.

If you've got a wireless connection and need to forward your ports, try this:

To let others connect to your server, you have to make sure that if you're using a router, it can accept it. So we have to start by making your IP static.
Go to:

Start > Run > type "cmd"

user posted image

A Dos box should could up, type "ipconfig /all"

user posted image

It will show you your connection info, keep this window open, you'll need it later.

Open up your wireless connection properties by either clicking your wireless icon in the system tray and selecting "Properties":

user posted image

or going to:

Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections > Network Connections

and selecting your wireless connection and clicking "Properties".

Now in the properties window, there should be a box with "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" at the box of the list, you may have to scroll down.

user posted image

Click on it, and click on properties under the box.

It should open up an ip window. Check the boxes "Use the following IP address:" and "Use the following DNS server addresses" like below:

user posted image

Now fill in the information from the black DOS box from earlier into this window, when you're done, press Ok.
Now, you need to forward your router ports, to do this, find your router model on this list
Then find out how to log into your router by clicking on your router model.
Once you've logged in to your router, find the port list and add:
Name Start End Protocol IP Address Enable
SAMP 7777 7788 Both 192.168.1.[THE LAST NUMBER IN YOUR STATIC IP] Yes
If that didn't make sense, just read the information given to you from your router page, but instead of using Unreal Tournament's ports, use 7777-7788.
I think that's everything, good luck.

I Have My Server Now And How Found A Great Way To Edit The Map (Pawn Or Whatever)

I Am Using A Co-ordinates Mod And A Spawn Vehicles Program. It Works Great. Anyone Got Any Other Tips To Help Me Make My Server The Best?? biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

1. download the SA-MP windows or linux  server (depending on which operating system your running) from HERE

4. click samp- server.exe then open up SA-MP and add your server to you favorites by clicking the add server icon in the favorites tab and type in your IP address then  add :7777 after your IP. once you added the server click connect and your on your own server.

But... You don't need a script for arrange the game by your likes?

No you dont.

Stop lying.

You lying lier.

Is it fun to lie?

lier.

Offtopic.

How does I change me flag man?

Edited by NestaParks

• 2 weeks later...

It didnth worked to me, i will have my own Server. Plzz Give me a guide in Steps

ex.

1. open your blaah blaah

2. Now go to...

Like that, plzzzzzz I really need it biggrin.gifblush.gif

• 2 weeks later...

If you've got a wireless connection and need to forward
If that didn't make sense, just read the information given to you from your router page, but instead of using Unreal Tournament's ports, use 7777-7788.

that helped much but what do i write in the "Port Map"??

Edited by MidoTheHawk

If you've got a wireless connection and need to forward

that helped much but what do i write in the "Port Map"??

If you pick your router from this list, then on the next page, find a game with the ports 7777 or 7788, you can follow the guide for your router. smile.gif

keep your PC and internet connected and the samp-server.exe program running 24/7 is the only way i know of.

keep your PC and internet connected and the samp-server.exe program running 24/7 is the only way i know of.

Otherwise, you'll have to buy a server from somewhere like gta-host.com.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok i think everything is ok on my server, ive followed everything but the last little thing confusing me is how do people join my server?

I am connecting through a wireless router so maybe they connect through this: 192.168.1.125 ?

I checked my ports and im getting this: Error: I could not see your service on 82.21.48.209 on port (7777)

Reason: Connection timed out

I have enabled DMZ to ip 192.168.1.125

if any one can help....

Edited by StreetZ

No, you don't need DMZ, disable it and just forward your server port on the router.

You need to give people your internet IP so that they can join your server. Go to http://whatsmyip.org to find it.

Make sure that the server's running when you check the port.

• 6 months later...

Multi Theft Auto follows a similar procedure, but you're better off asking at the MTA forums.

Forums : forum.mtasa.com

Documentation Wiki: wiki.mtasa.com

In the future, please do not bump old topics.

• 1 year later...

Ok... I did all this right and it just sits there and says "retrieving server info". Can anyone help with this and yes I unblocked it from my firewall and added the ports also. Thanks