3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

OrionSR

Care and Feeding of a San Andreas Impound Garage

DragonpokeZ

Don't give up on the police though. You will regret it like you've regret every other savefile

Lethal Vaccine

True, I will regret it, but there is nothing I can do about it. It's easy for you, or the next guy to say since you never experienced it on PS2 to date. Like Bender. and myself, this Vehicle is so pathetic. You have no control, you just put your thumb up your ass and wait for the Greenwood health to expire before a cutscene, which never happens. Out of lets say 30 tries in 4 separate playthroughs I tried to obtain this Police. So about 120 Attempts lets just say. Out of 120 Attempts, I only destroyed the Greenwood 2 times and 1 of those 2, I was super late and the Police vanished. Same thing happened when I destroyed it two days ago. Police vanished.

Nobody gets that you have like a 1%, maybe less chance to get it on PS2. You'd skip it probably if you played on PS2. It's not fun reloading and doing the same 4-5 minute sequence of nonsense over and over to get 100% luck. It just doesn't work. Give me a skill Vehicle and I can pull it off anytime, really...

That is also the pleasure of doing a Mobile Save once I finish PS2 Save. I get everything I possibly can on PS2 and then gather up stuff I couldn't get and many EP/FP Vehicles and such on Mobile. It makes the save worth it to me when I have something to get. I won't need ANYTHING on Mobile this time since I have the Sultan on PS2, other than the Police on Mobile and a bunch of EP/FP Vehicles...

Edited by Militia

Lethal Vaccine

I have finally fallen victim to the Impound eating my Packer. Only temporarily, though. During the Catalina Missions in the Country, it seems 3 of the ones I drove were impounded. A Quad, Greenwood, and Ranger. All of which I remember driving. I am still confused as to why things get impounded and other times not. I try to ditch Vehicles in the water as much as possible and I try to run around as much as possible, too. But it's bloody annoying that I take risks and chances.

I had to reload my backup Save, but now I am back up to Wu Zi Mu for the Fortune and Farewell, My Love for the Elegy. Once I get these, I will have 26 Special Vehicles out of 61 thus far. Moving right along and soon in San Fierro. That is where it picks up and gets harder for Special Vehicles and such. However, I hope when I get to San Fierro, my Los Santos Impound will be safer than how it is when I am in The Country.

I already got the Fortune as well as the Elegy today, but since the Packer vanished, I had to reload the backup Save. I even already got the BP/EP/FP/MP Patriot from the Courier Calls from Cesar. No idea why, but it seems like they already started happening and I am not sure why. They add Mission Attempts for no reason and it's annoying...

‫

What i was doing on my Save (PS2 v1 PAL)

I was destroying car i get to mission marker/somewhere then get some distance away not far, then rotated camera around to make Wreck vanish then procceded with mission and such, i dont know how this Impound thing work, but my method always worked FOR ME.

I have break from SA so yet again i forsaken my Another Pretty nice save, same happend on Mobile :/

I abandoned it before Bdup mission(AP Infernus)

Lethal Vaccine

Yeah, I decided against doing a Slot 2 Save for PS2. Instead, I am just re-doing the ENTIRE game and going for all Special Vehicles (except Police) including the new discoveries and the EC White Camper. I'll have 61 when all is said and done. If I just get a handful of Special Vehicles on PS2, I can't seem to think it's worth it, so I go big or I don't go at all. But on Mobile, it's a different story. I like to have a smaller Save on Mobile and with totally DIFFERENT Special Vehicles from what is obtained on my PS2 Save.

The AP Infernus is pretty bad to get using the Tractor/Monster Method. Good luck. I never got it like that cuz it's easy driving it into Glen Pond.

Yeah, I noticed that if the wreck doesn't disappear and you go into the red marker, it also gets impounded. BIG mistake on my end. What you describe will work, most likely. However, I only have 3 more Country Story Missions and the Fortune and Elegy to obtain and then I am finally in San Fierro. So things should get impounded to SF and not Los Santos anymore. All I gotta do is buy Verdant Meadows after storing the EC Black Maverick and then I can finally go back to the Impound and get the AP Packer and store it in the Hanger. The Impounds are very annoying to use and make the game go ultra slow.

Lethal Vaccine

About time! I am in Las Venturas, so once I obtained the EC Black Maverick earlier today and bought Verdant Meadows, I moved my AP Packer out of the Los Santos Impound and into the Hanger where it will remain for good. Finally! No more needing to worry about the Impound overwriting the AP Packer anymore. Glad I got the experience, though. Los Santos Impound isn't too bad. I reckon the worst is San Fierro. Las Venturas isn't that bad, either.

Lethal Vaccine

Some questions for the experts on the Impounds and knows what can be stored in there

Ok, since the latest discovery in SA Mobile, you can make ALMOST any Vehicle into AP form using the Coffee Cutscene when dating a Girlfriend and closing down the Phone App. Since this is discovered, I wanted to make some AP Helicopters and maybe some AP Planes (if it works) and am wondering what the best Impounds to store them in would be?

For instance, before, since Gray Imports was the only way to "make" Vehicles and only EP/FP at that, nobody thought of the Hunter and the Cargobob. Maybe they thought of the Cargobob, but figured it would blow up inside the Impound by getting stuck in a wall or something. However, since it would be DP, getting stuck in a wall wouldn't matter. My AP Packer was always stuck in the wall in Los Santos Impound, but didn't matter cuz it was DP and once you got inside of it, you could get it unstuck and drive it out. I am wondering if such things like a Cargobob and Hunter would work to put them in Impounds now?

Where would people recommend putting Rustler, Hydra, Raindance, Police Maverick, News Chopper, Leviathan, etc, etc, etc. I figured, since you can do this glitch at any stage of the game, I wait until the end of the game when all my normal Garages are filled with 68, or however many Special Vehicles I want to make AP and then at that time, make some AP Helicopters and Planes and then use the Broadway Trick to impound 3 to Los Santos and use the Emerald Isle Car Part to impound 3 to Las Venturas. Is there any trick to easily impound in San Fierro? Or do I need to open the Impound Zone and store it myself and then leave the Impound using the normal Guidelines so they don't disappear?

OrionSR

The SFPD impound does really have an easy impound method early in the game, but both boat school and driving school will impound a very large radius to the impound lots. IIRC, PS2, perhaps only on v1, won't impound for boat school.

Lethal Vaccine

I tried impounding an AP Hydra and AP Leviathan in Los Santos Impound and the Leviathan's tail was stuck in the wall and couldn't get it unstuck and the Hydra was impounded nicely, but I couldn't hover/fly it out of the Impound, though. Probably the wings were too wide? I was just testing stuff and didn't save the game of course.

I also can confirm PS2, as always, is harder to use Impounds. If you run into the LS Impound hugging the wall on PS2 and NOT look at the Impound Zone, the Vehicle(s) there will be gone. On Mobile, which is like PC, you can run into the LS Impound hugging the wall and NOT looking at the Impound Zone and the Vehicles are there 100% of the time.

Now I just gotta figure out where I can store a lot of these Planes and Helicopters so they all fit nicely. Strangely enough, when I was doing my PS2 Save, the AP Packer was always stuck in the wall, too, but 100% of the time, and within seconds it would come out from being stuck in the wall and I was able to drive it out. The Leviathan was permanently stuck.

I also need to figure out how to enter and leave SF and LV as I never experimented with those Impounds yet. Just Los Santos on both PS2 and Mobile and it's easy with that Impound. I see in one of jam8tone's Videos he has the Police Maverick, News Chopper, and Raindance in Los Santos? I WANTED these Helicopters in AP form on Mobile, so I guess I could put them in LS Impound. Is there a Broadway Trick or Emerald Isle Car Park Trick to impound Vehicles in San Fierro? Or do I need to manually drive them in there and then leave the Impound with 3 star wanted level (I know it's avoidable, but I don't care to get 3 stars since it's easy to escape)?

Edited by Militia

Lethal Vaccine

@OrionSR, is it true about ONLY storing Aircraft in the Impounds, or certain Vehicles? Can't you store ANYTHING inside of there and as long as you don't get them overwritten, they will remain? I keep hearing that these mainly only work for Aircraft and strange Vehicles like a Vortex, Ambulance, Packer, etc, etc. If that's the case, why? Just curious...

OrionSR

I'm not sure about the Packer, but aircraft, the Vortex and Ambulances are resistant to being discarded if you look away when the impound is open. This quirk led to the misconception that impound garages only work for aircraft and a few other vehicles -- a misconception that is easy for players to confirm, but anyone that has studied this topic should be able to use the impounds to store almost anything that can be stored in a normal save garage.

Edited by OrionSR

Lethal Vaccine

Packer can easily disappear if you don't look at the Impound Zone the entire time as when I first obtained it and put it into the Impound using the Broadway Trick in Los Santos, I thought I lost it forever since it was never there when I entered. Unlike on PC, with only needing to hug the wall as you run into the Los Santos Impound, on PS2, you need to keep the camera on the zone as you run down hugging the wall. I've also ran away from where it's stored and then turned around to "open" the Garage again, but it disappeared. The ONLY time it was there was when I entered and left WHILE keeping the Camera on the Packer and the zone at all times. I also NEVER went in there with a Vehicle and I also NEVER left the Impound with a Vehicle, either. This was all done on foot and every time spiking the 3 star wanted level. I noticed that once you kill the few cops down there and run to the Impound to check your Vehicles, no more Cops seem to spawn. You can hear them talking, but that is from the above Police Station, not in the Impound. Not until you start to LEAVE the Impound will Cops on foot and in Vehicles spawn it would appear.

Thanks for the explanation. Now I see why Players say this about the Helicopters/Planes.

I was wondering this, mainly cuz during Farewell, My Love, I somehow got the EC2 ZR-350 impounded and it stayed there, just like my AP Packer did. So I was thinking that it's FALSE about what I was hearing over the years that only Aircraft can remain there. More like ANYTHING can be stored there, as long as you take the right precautions and do what is required to remain there...

__mako

Regarding a Broadway trick equivalent for SF, I think you can use driving school, and possibly boat school.

OrionSR

Boat school doesn't impound on PS2v1, iirc. The schools aren't open at the beginning of the game so it's not quite the same thing as the Broadway and Emerald Isle impound strategies. The schools all have a very large clear area radius. Too large; sometimes they impound parked vehicles or other traffic in the area. This shouldn't happen, but it does. And I don't know why or how to stop it.

It might be possible to impound a vehicle to the SFPD using the Chiliad Challenge if you can place the vehicle exactly where CJ will start the race, but it's a tiny area. The strange thing is, vehicles seemed to be cleared from the mountain top at the start of the first two races but for some reason they never get impounded.

Lethal Vaccine

AP Police Maverick, AP News Chopper, AP Raindance in the LS Impound:

DtYLuvO.jpg?1

AP Barracks, AP FBI Rancher, AP Enforcer in the LV Impound:

ehhtUrk.jpg?1

Not sure if it's because of the Phone Call in memory or not, but sometimes I don't get a Wanted Level when I go into the LS and LV Impounds. I spiked the 3 Star Wanted Level in LS Impound cuz I "got rid" of the Phone Call by entering the Jetpack again. The Phone Call is low priority and cycles ever 1:03 and since the Call wasn't coming in for that amount of time, it spiked the Wanted Level as I was running into the LS Impound. But yeah, I don't get a Wanted Level if the Phone is ringing, lol...

Now....Just to figure out the SF Impound and what to store there and then I am good with Impounds. Will always use them for future Saves no doubt. They're easy...

Edited by MetalMilitia89

OrionSR

Awesome trick with the phone call. Thanks for sharing.

Since the SF impound is so flaky, maybe go for vehicles that are resistant to being discarded. Vortex is small, but it would at least free up room in another garage for something else. Firetruck (water), always fun to smash it up with a heavy vehicle. And..., an Ambulance? Got any other aircraft?

Edited by OrionSR

Lethal Vaccine

Thanks! I didn't even know it wasn't known. It's just something I noticed. Even when I run into LS and the alarm is ringing and Cops are running to my impounded Vehicles where I stand in the Photo, if I shoot the Cops, nothing happens, either :D:p It has something to do with the Phone Call ringing I'd imagine...

I'd prefer if I could get my AP Hydra and AP Leviathan into the SF Impound since those are in my Hanger right now. Getting them out of the Hanger and into the SF Impound would allow me to get an AP Dumper. I could move my AP Rhino Tank back into the Hanger and put my AP new AP Dumper into Verdant Meadows, or even into the Hanger. The problem is the Unique Andromada inside the Hanger, though. Like, the wings are so long and the Plane is so fragile, that I don't want to blow it up by trying to get Vehicles in there. For the Hydra, I was able to push it UNDERNEATH one of the Wings. Same with the Hunter. But the Leviathan was too big, thus needing to put it RIGHT in FRONT of the Hanger and it's barely inside. The Dumper would be the same, but at least it would fit. Without putting 2 or 3 Vehicles into the SF Impound, I can't get an AP Dumper, basically...Dumper only fits in 2 spots, VM and Hanger.

OrionSR

"Nothing happens" when you shoot the impound cops because there aren't really cops. They're spawned by the impound thread and are pretty much like any other NPC, except they've got police skins.

I should run some tests on your phone call hypothesis to make sure I fully understand. For clarification, even though it sounds like you've got this narrowed to phone calls, CJ won't get a wanted level while driving a police vehicle. It's also possible to hide behind other vehicles long enough to switch police vehicles. The wanted level is called in by a cop with a phone. If he is not allowed to complete this call another cop will try to call, but if you run out of cops then the wanted level is never set to 3.

It might have been known, but it's news to me. I don't always catch every trick that crosses my path. But then again, the phone calls have never been a... "power tool" for anyone other than speed runners. I would imagine that speed runners would be less likely to spend as much time in the impound lots as a special vehicle collector.

Update: Works like a charm. If CJ's phone is ringing when the impound police phones in the request for backup and the alarm begins to sound then the 3 star wanted level is avoided. After that the phone call isn't needed. CJ can drive vehicles and shoot weapons and the wanted level will adjust normally depending on the chaos created.

Edited by OrionSR

neon5916

In the mobile version is it possible to use police impound? No matter how hard I tried, I could't save the vehicles there.

Edited by neon5916

OrionSR

Yes. The impound garages are very hard to learn on all versions. The problem is probably caused by looking away from the vehicle spawn point while the invisible door is open. It takes a bit of practice to learn the boundary where CJ is far enough away that the door doesn't open before he can make a direct approach to the impound zone. It's usually saver to always point the camera in the direction of the garage zone any time CJ is within the impound lot. LV is a lot easier to learn, and LS isn't too bad. SF is very difficult to use when you first get started. 

neon5916

I have a version of the game 1.08. To test the work of police garages, I downloaded 100% save, which has special vehicles, and there were cars in the police impound. But having loaded this savegame in the game, the police garages were empty. The teleporting of cars to the parking lot also failed with the help of the pimp's mission. How to deal with this? Can it matter in the version of the game?

OrionSR

Version shouldn't matter. SA Mobile lags terribly on my tablet so I don't play with it much, so my impound experience is a bit limited here. You might be able to find videos that deal specifically with mobile impounds, but I'm not expecting any major differences. One concern though, on most versions the Firetruck, Ambulance, the Vortex, and aircraft are immune from being discarded if CJ isn't looking directly at them after they spawn. But on mobile the Firetrucks and Ambulances tend to disappear so quickly that most players never see them. Perhaps they disappear from mobile impounds as well - I'm not sure.

But that sets up a good test. Try impounding a Firetruck, Ambulance and Vortex one at a time. Make sure the vehicle to be impounded is the vehicle CJ was driving just before entering the Broadway used for impounding with Pimping.  When you enter the impound lot you won't need to be as careful about looking at the impound zone, but pay attention to where the vehicles spawn; you'll need to learn to look at this spot even when it's hidden behind walls. I'm expecting all 3 vehicles to be present, but if the firetruck and ambulance don't spawn then try impounding a couple of small helicopters along with the vortex. 

Enter the LS impound lot without opening the impound garage: The invisible door will make a little more sense once you see it in action. Enter the impound lot through the small door and turn sharply left and proceed to the outside wall without descending into the garage any more than necessary. Continue down into the garage while constantly touching the outside wall - take out any attackers during this test. As you approach the furthest wall you'll be able to look into the rest of the garage. Get a good view of the impound zone and proceed forward. When CJ is only a few meters off the wall the vehicles should pop into view as the invisible door opens.  Back up a ways without turning around and the vehicles should vanish again.

neon5916
1 hour ago, neon5916 said:

Thank you. Transport remains, I'm wrong entered the garages

SeanGTA
On 12/26/2007 at 1:42 AM, OrionSR said:

Care and Feeding of a San Andreas Impound Garage

This is an initial report of the information needed to use the underground Impound Garages at the Police Department Headquarters of Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas. The impound garage zones are small save garage like zones deep within the underground impound lot. The lot activity such as gates, guards, garage door, and police inside are all controlled by a script. This is a separate function in the same area; the impound script in the impound lot is decoration for the impound garage.

DO NOT Quote such Huge and Anchient posts Just to voice an approval.

USE the THUMB UP FEATURE instead,

Wow! This is some great info. But when you enter and exit some place, say, a safe house, and the vehicle was outside, it won't disappear, right?

Edited by lil weasel
Caution for the future.

jacell

For some strange reason, my impound does work like it should

OrionSR

The SilentPatch includes a few tweaks to make the impound garage easier to use. Primarily, impounded vehicles don't vanish if CJ isn't looking at them while the impound zone is open. But also, random vehicles should not get impounded and CJ's car gets impounded when busted.

Do Quoc Hung

Mobile version work too ?