• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james227uk

• oldage

• Pat

Top Posters In This Topic

Go To This Page For The Real Topic(Click)

Most of the first 9 pages are speculation about where it'll be set, so click the link above for the real info being released. However this post will be used for Updates.

PC Specs:

Processor:

- AMD 64 3200+/Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz or better

Memory:

- 8 GB free hard drive space

- 512MB RAM (XP)/1GB RAM (VISTA)

Graphics:

- Shader 3.0 or better

- 256MB Nvidia Geforce 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT or better

Trailers: The first trailer for COD:World at War has been released! Check it out on the marketplace for HD version

Gameplay:

Wii Gameplay

Co-Op Gameplay

Boxart:

Possible Boxarts

http://wiihd.fortunz.com/news:061508-cod5-boxart

Previews:

CVG Preview

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=191418

http://planetcallofduty.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=151921

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/887/887835p1.html

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/20783

Interviews:

http://planetcallofduty.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=152426

Screenshots: (will be updated)

Screens 1

Podcasts

http://planetcallofduty.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=151934

Edited by Carbine23

I'm starting to get sick of these constant remakes that come out every year, whether it's CoD or The Sims or anything else. I guess I'm just getting bored of these endless series.

Anyways... CoD4 does look really nice, but from what I've read, singleplayer doesn't have enough replay value for it to get my money. If this one isn't as confined then I'll probably look into it.

user posted image

YourNeighborhoodKiller

I really like 4 because it was advanced, and not old style. Thats the only reason I bought it.

But if they go back to old style, I won't be getting it.

New account: Gezim

Anyways... CoD4 does look really nice, but from what I've read, singleplayer doesn't have enough replay value for it to get my money. If this one isn't as confined then I'll probably look into it.

Really? I played the single player story mode a good 6 times

Jonny_Tightlips

Anyways... CoD4 does look really nice, but from what I've read, singleplayer doesn't have enough replay value for it to get my money.

1. It's a multiplayer game. A fun one at that. I barely look for replay value in the campaign aspect of a Multiplayer game.

2. The actual campaign itself is VERY replayable. 4 different difficulties, easter eggs, etc.

It's game of the year, in my opinion.

@Em, its the damn truth.

...besides that I ain't sayin nuthin.

If they want me to buy another WWII game it better be a full on gore fest. Limbs flying off, bodies being cut in half by a machine gun, and a mission were you sneak out of a P.O.W camp. Pass by certain areas and be able to see other P.O.W's being tortured. Also I'm tired of playing these games and your character is silent through the whole game.

Treyarch f*cked up COD 3. The single player was not good. Crappy AI, bad hit detection, and generally weak levels/missions. The multi-player was nothing to go crazy about either. COD 2 is so superior in every way, it's not even funny. Do we even need a COD 5 so soon? What is this, EA now? Give it a f*cking rest. COD 4 is garnering Best Shooter and GOTY awards and people are already itching to go back to WWII? I think not. But at this rate, who the f*ck knows what COD 6 will be.

user posted image

PureFuckingArmageddon

I believe Treyarch is worthy of a second chance, even though I completely HATED CoD3, and LOVED CoD 1, 2 and 4...

I suppose it is possible they could create a decent game atleast.

As long as it's not going to be like ' Medal of Honor : Rising Sun '..

1. Treyarch is developing COD5 instead of Infinity Ward. Treyarch developed COD: United Offensive, COD: Big Red One, and COD3

NOOOO.

Mass fail right there. And if goes to WW2? f*ck that sh*t.

tfdt7hY.gif

I just want a decent WW1 shooter.

I think the CoD guys could make a fantastic one.

No dough this post will get questions and and maybe even some fighting.

WW2 again? That sucks, I never liked COD because it was the WW/WW2/ETC but I loved COD4 because it had modern weapons and things... I guess I won't like COD5 then. sarcasm.gif

Treyarch? That sucks.

COD2 - great

COD3 - rubbish (treyarch)

COD4 - great

COD5- ??? (treyarch)

I can see a pattern there

I really didn't mind COD3 at all, i thought it was a great game. Not as good as Infinity Wards CoD games but it was enjoyable enough for me to play through several times.

i say bring it on, people learn through mistakes....Maybe Treyarch will do just that.

why would anyone want a WW 1 game? It was a stalemate between trenches and a race towards the edgeo of France and the ports for most of the war.... That would be even more boring...

kippers.png

I'm surprised they haven't gone for Vietnam yet. It seems to be the second most popular choice for war shooters. Then again, maybe Infinity Ward/Treyarch are waiting till they can get the foliage looking really crisp and not sh*te a la Conflict: Vietnam.

Mafia Righthand_Man

I'd like to see a campaign in Africa. (Pardon me if it was in CoD4, I just got it for Christmas and haven't played it yet.) Maybe have something ala Black Hawk Down, or on civil wars in Africa?

I'd like to see a campaign in Africa. (Pardon me if it was in CoD4, I just got it for Christmas and haven't played it yet.) Maybe have something ala Black Hawk Down, or on civil wars in Africa?

CoD4 reeks of Black hawk Down later into it. tounge2.gif

tfdt7hY.gif

Ok here comes my opinion on this whole treyarch/infinity ward matter

1. Call of Duty 2 had the most epic, memorable, replayable and best singleplayer out of all the call of duty games even call of duty 4. There were lots of AI on the battlefield and they died unpredictably unless it was a main character like Captain Price, Private MacGregor (classic), and Sgt. Randall. The best mission was demolition in my opinion. (Classic Germans storming the building and you have to snipe them.)

2. Even though Call of Duty 2's multiplayer was nothing special, just a run around and shoot each other, it was still actually fun. Lots of good maps and it can be challenging at some points. The best map was Toujane in my opinion.

3. Call of Duty 3 single player sucked really bad. I hate the 14 long mission style and with unskippable cutscenes!!! Even worse. It would've been a lot better with an airborne campaign, or a storming of the beach on D-Day. Best mission was Chambois in my opinion.

4. Call of Duty 3's multiplayer was so much better then playing single player. It had 24 players which was a lot more then 8 in COD2. Sometimes you were in a game where all you did was shoot each other, and other times you were in such an intense match that grenades, tanks and airstrikes were everywhere. Also the maps were a lot bigger, which isn't such a good thing but it was cool since there were usually a big area where people were fighting and maybe a few mini battles. I don't know what happen but something happened with the servers and now it's hard to get into a game but i remember it as being my first Live game. Best map was Merville in my opinion.

5. Call of Duty 4 single player was awesome!! It had the return of Captain Price and it had some awesome missions. It wasn't as long as COD2's single player but it was a hell of a lot better then COD3's. It had a storyline to it, not really in American storyline, but more on the British side. Especially the best character in the game Captain. MacMillan. The cheats were a cool addition, especially killing somebody in slow motion. And i loved how the game taught you that even the good guys die in war. The Aftermath was one of the most epic video game pieces ever However this game is nothing as replayable as Call of Duty 2 was. Best mission was War Pig in my opinion.

6. Call of Duty 4's multiplayer was Amazing. I first played the beta and i was shocked at how intense it was. The beta only had 12 players though and it was still intense but when i played 18 on Ground Wars it was incredibley insane, especially on Ambush. The perks were a great addition too. I'm dissapointed in the Snipers though because they're so inaccurate, also i don't think 5 custom classes is really enough. There were good maps and bad maps. I sort of got bored of Call of Duty 4 and i reached the maximum level. I don't want to do prestige because i know i'm not going to be able to complete it by the time GTA4 comes out. Favorite map is Ambush.

Best Singleplayer - COD2>COD4>COD3

Best Multiplayer - COD4>COD3>COD2

Best Company - Infinity Ward>Treyarch

Edited by Carbine23

Die.

And I want vietnam ffs. mad.gif

kT8ve9H.png

Hah. I was just saying to my brother the other day how awesome a CoD set in Vietnam would be. Let's hope they make one some time in the near future.

user posted image

Treyarch+ another WWII setting= fail

seriously, would it hurt people to actually think of a original game that is not set in f*ckingWWII? If you do fight japanese soldiers instead of the germans then it has a slight chance of doing great in my eyes.

Treyarch? That sucks.

COD2 - great

COD3 - rubbish (treyarch)

COD4 - great

COD5- ??? (treyarch)

I can see a pattern there

Tbh I did not like CoD2 or CoD3, on the other hand I loved CoD1 and CoD4. So i dont know.

QF1SfST.png

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.