Burn baby Burn !

mista morino

The flames in the 3rd trailer look amazing. But , it's a cut scene. Will all flames look this good ? I hope so. Question : Do you think that fire will be able to spread ? Also , will gasoline leave a trace that can be ignited ? Will we be able to use it as a weapon ( you know , drench someone in it and then ....wooof devil.gif ) ?

Your thoughts....

The flames in the 3rd trailer look amazing. But , it's a cut scene. Will all flames look this good ? I hope so. Question : Do you think that fire will be able to spread ? Also , will gasoline leave a trace that can be ignited ? Will we be able to use it as a weapon ( you know , drench someone in it and then ....wooof  devil.gif ) ?

Your thoughts....

Yes the fire effects look amazing for sure as seen here in the 3rd trailer:

user posted image

How do you know for sure this was part of a cut-scene though? It may be from actual gameplay. Hard to say for sure though.

I hope we will be able to torch buildings as a normal thing, like not just burning buildings for a select few missions.

Dumbest question ever :S Every GTA game had gameplay cutscenes, not pre-rendered video shots.. And how could be an in-game cutscene have rendered particle effects?

Sorry but this topic FAILS!

Dumbest question ever :S Every GTA game had gameplay cutscenes, not pre-rendered video shots.. And how could be an in-game cutscene have rendered particle effects?

Sorry but this topic FAILS!

Ditto. But he normally makes interesting topics biggrin.gif

gtasa had spreadable fire if you set fire to fields. So i expect it to return in IV to the extent of burning a whole street down. Now that would be fun and awesome

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Fire will look better of course, but SA had fire spread around as well.

New account: Gezim

The flames in the 3rd trailer look amazing. But , it's a cut scene. Will all flames look this good ? I hope so. Question : Do you think that fire will be able to spread ? Also , will gasoline leave a trace that can be ignited ? Will we be able to use it as a weapon ( you know , drench someone in it and then ....wooof  devil.gif ) ?

Your thoughts....

user posted image

How do you know for sure this was part of a cut-scene though? It may be from actual gameplay. Hard to say for sure though.

I hope we will be able to torch buildings as a normal thing, like not just burning buildings for a select few missions.

Well, if I remember correctly, R* said everything in the trailers have been from actual gameplay, NOT cutscenes. But I could be wrong, so don't 'flame' me if I am. tounge2.gif

Trailr 3 was mostly cutscenes, and you can tell that. About the fire: It's probably a cutscene. But if it isn't, then GTA4 will have the most realistic looking fire.

Your thoughts....

user posted image

Well, if I remember correctly, R* said everything in the trailers have been from actual gameplay, NOT cutscenes. But I could be wrong, so don't 'flame' me if I am. tounge2.gif

True I remember Rockstar saying that now that you mention it. It's just there are scenes in the trailer that are blatantly cut-scenes and some very brief gameplay footage, not that it matters because the game looks incredible whatever way you slice it. smile.gif

Your thoughts....

user posted image

True I remember Rockstar saying that now that you mention it. It's just there are scenes in the trailer that are blatantly cut-scenes and some very brief gameplay footage, not that it matters because the game looks incredible whatever way you slice it. smile.gif

True. BUT if you think about it, GTA IV will have NO load times, correct? So, that could possibly mean that there ARE no cutscenes.

OK, so let's say you have to go get a mission from a contact. Say you have to drive to their apartment/office/etc. You walk through the doors, no load time, walk up to the room/office, and they're there, and what would NORMALLY be considered a "cutscene" (there would normally be a brief black screen--for loading, which doesnt happen anymore--and you lose control over your character) happens right there on the spot, with you still having control of Niko's bahavior. See what I'm saying? The world of actual "cutscenes" could be over.

Just a thought. cool.gif

OMG! When you will understand that GTA never used VIDEO snippets as cutscenes! And if it is ingame, then why you even talk about this? It will look like it does in the trailer, since they can't "remodel" or "re-render" particle effects specially for cutscenes...

Come on, don't be lame.

About the cutscenes: from what I've read, the cutscenes in GTAV are being rendered in real-time with the game engine, so being there no load times, what we call cutscenes are actual gameplay as they are not being rendered outside the main game engine. but we probably wont be able to interact with them.

I somehow doubt you'll be able to destroy buildings with fire, but setting them ablaze and killing everyone inside probably works. And all of the trailers has been in-game videos as far as I know.

As for using fire as a weapon, Postal 2 made that part pretty hilarious. Pick up a can of gasoline, pour a nice pool of gas on the street, and wait around the corner with the matches for the marching band to come.

Oh the chaos, so much fun.

You could also soak people on the street in gasoline, and then throw matches at them, and then watch them run around in panic, bumping into other pedestrians and then setting them on fire too.

And all of the trailers has been in-game videos as far as I know.

Ummmm No. They have been cutscenes, rendered by the engine, but NOT in-game/gameplay.

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

I hope when we throw a Molotov Cocktail in a building it will catch on fire in the same way as in the trailer. cool.gif

About everything in the trailers being cutscenes - I'd say about 50/50 gameplay (with different angles just to give it a more movie like feel) and cutscenes. The fire will be the same in the game, if you think otherwise, well you're not thinking straight. It's like saying that the muzzleflashes look different in the cutscenes and in actual gameplay. Every new game has cutscenes rendered on the fly with the in game engine, for many years now. The only difference being the fact that you can't move as you wish (Kane & Lynch made some progress in this though - you could change the camera angles a bit).

Yea there are no prerendered cutscenes. Its all in game graphics. So everything you see in the cutscene's will look just as good when you are playing the game.

Yea there are no prerendered cutscenes. Its all in game graphics. So everything you see in the cutscene's will look just as good when you are playing the game.

You know what, that just made my day

So does that mean you can set buildings on fire?

YourNeighborhoodKiller

I wonder what will happen if you get burnt? Will your clothes become black along with your skin?

New account: Gezim

I wonder what will happen if you get burnt? Will your clothes become black along with your skin?

Then you'll have to play the game as a burnt man and the peds will stare at you in shock.

Joking, Ceedot dont put this in your damn sig tounge2.gif

Ummmm No. They have been cutscenes, rendered by the engine, but NOT in-game/gameplay.

Oh yeah, sorry. I meant in-engine. But pretty sure it's just as much actual gameplay in those as there are cutscenes. All the driving is probably gameplay, and same goes for the fist-fighting, walking around the city and some of the shooting.

But I basically meant that it'll look the same in-game as in the video, as previously stated in the thread.

And @Mikesta, "So does that mean you can set buildings on fire?"

The trailer could hint towards that being possible, but most likely no. Was probably just showing off the look of the flames.

Edited by Jinamo

So does that mean you can set buildings on fire?

How did you get that question out of the talk about the graphics/effects being the same in ingame and cutscenes?

I guess that burning entire houses, or apartments/offices are only happening when they're needed for the story. In free play a molotov or a flamethrower will just set some stuff on fire, and it'll extingush itself in some time. (Just a guess)

Uhm, just wanted to let you know what i've been talking about, related to the movie called "15 minutes"

user posted image

user posted image

I dont know if we can set buildings on fire, when just (free) roaming. But if we can, i dont think it will stay burned forever. Everything would probably go back to normal after awhile.