The future of GTA

69th Street Diner Owner

69th Street Diner Owner

Ok i was beginning to think, they've already used all the city names in their titles (Vice City, San Andreas) and variations of the city names (Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories) so what are they going to do next? Perhaps San Andreas Stories, however for a console rather than a handheld, or continue numerically, which i would find very boring. So that's all for now so reply with your thoughts. Thnx biggrin.gif Edit: I would also like to think of this as an intellectuall discussion rather than a spam so PLEASE post your thoughts rather than just ignoring it.

Edited by 69th Street Diner Owner
user posted image

They will just make a whole new city....

How would that be boring. I find it worse that they used Liberty for the 4th time...

I wanna see a new city, new types of people, new atmosphere.

Im thinking GTAV...

In..Liberty City? I may have heard of that in the GTA series but I don't think that its been used before.

moto_whistle.gif

It honestly doesn't really matter what city they use, as long as it looks different than the city from the last major game. So who really knows what they'll use for their next idea. Hopefully its the same sceme, with just a large city. San Andreas missions in the middle of nowhere were gay suicidal.gif

Melbourne smile.gif

They should do Melbourne, and the surrounding area, just like they did LA in San Andreas. They could call it "GTA: Garden State".

I'm thinking the next GTA will be in a brand new city.

Also as much as I would love to see an Australian city used, I don't think it will happen.

They could actually do a San An thing, where they get Melbourne, let's say Tokyo and Washington DC and put them on one map, making them a state. Now that, would be f*cken awesome.

They could actually do a San An thing, where they get Melbourne, let's say Tokyo and Washington DC and put them on one map, making them a state. Now that, would be f*cken awesome.

Tokyo, Melbourne, and DC? confused.gif

...San Andreas was all consistent. All on the West Coast. But....throwing Tokyo in the mix? How would that be explained? You cross a bridge and suddenly nobody is speaking English? lol.gif

Wouldnt that seem kind of weird, considering all 3 cities are from different countries?

It wouldn't really be a "state". More of a condensed world map.

Nice idea though. icon14.gif

Tokyo, Melbourne, and DC? confused.gif

...San Andreas was all consistent. All on the West Coast. But....throwing Tokyo in the mix? How would that be explained? You cross a bridge and suddenly nobody is speaking English? lol.gif

Na like, the whole things english, but the buildings are from Tokyo. Think about the major gang's; skippys, yellows and big American steriod pumpers.

EDIT: Or, Melbourne, Sydney and... Northern Territory for desert? Would be awesome if Rockstar made the Opera House a huge car jump lol.

They should make a gta called Grand Theft Auto World Stories .

Its like this the first chapter begins with showing us what cj did in his the five years he was in liberty city. We start off at his apartment and then

he goes to Luigis club and then he sees joey lookin at a striper named Misty then CJ goes up to Joey and ask him :I heard that your father is the don of the leon family . Then Joey answers by sayin:Yeah what about you looking for trouble if not im busy tryin to get some action.CJ:naaah I aint lookin for trouble i new in town and i need some cash. Joey: well you got any exspreience. CJ:Yeah i use to be a gangbanger so how about it. Joey:al ight ya hired meet me at this address. then enventually you do mission for Joey and then you do it for diffrent people then that is done

second chapter:

this one is were you play as toni cipriatis father it beggin with a cut scene Salavotries mansion and you do a mission for him and so on and so on then you do missions for different people a....im done rigth now but i'll be back

Edited by HAZER blade

Look! Im banned!

Justin is awesome.

i feel like an ignorant American hick.... but i really don't think an Australian one would be any good... i could be wrong though, and i would probably buy and play it regardless.... lol

Latin America, London, Chicago; they all sound like they could be a lot of fun to me. I mean I personally am not super familiar with what its like to live in Sydney or Melbourne or Brisbane or wherever, but I've never really heard anything about any that make me think, "Great setting for Anti-Hero Gangster Game." Ofcourse I've heard plenty of rednecks say the same thing about London because they are ignorant and think that England is full of nothing but tea parties and polo.... and ofcourse if they watched Snatch, Lock Stock, or Layer Cake they would see otherwise. So I guess I'm saying... Aussies.... give me a good case for Australia.

Well, for Melbourne, at night, there are weird people everywhere. I love my city, but I hate those people. And the bloody emo hoard, is getting worse than the asian one(I like asians, not being racist.) We have noble park, which is full of sudanese people bashing and killing people. We have all other little gangs which arent significant. We have a big underworld, and one of the major underworld killers and drug dealers, tony mokbel was caught in Greece after fleeing Australia.

As for shootings here, we don't see many at all. Well, hear of many. If heaps of the public don't see it, it's not reported.

I'm not sure as if Australia would sell to people. Lots of people don't know about our country, and rather believe the steriotypes. I think Rockstar could really spice up a game if they did it here though.

EDIT: If none of that made sence, sorry, I was rushing it.

i feel like an ignorant American hick.... but i really don't think an Australian one would be any good... i could be wrong though, and i would probably buy and play it regardless.... lol

Latin America, London, Chicago; they all sound like they could be a lot of fun to me. I mean I personally am not super familiar with what its like to live in Sydney or Melbourne or Brisbane or wherever, but I've never really heard anything about any that make me think, "Great setting for Anti-Hero Gangster Game." Ofcourse I've heard plenty of rednecks say the same thing about London because they are ignorant and think that England is full of nothing but tea parties and polo.... and ofcourse if they watched Snatch, Lock Stock, or Layer Cake they would see otherwise. So I guess I'm saying... Aussies.... give me a good case for Australia.

in aus it isn't really in the media, the main gangs are normally the bikeys and all them, but there are organised crime and neo-nazis around.

it's not like it would be grand-theft-kangaroo's

GTA3Freak-2001

I am sure they can come up with something sure the major players are done as far as the major cities such as LA, San Fran, NYC, Miami etc.

We always have the trump card of London(be it 60's or whatever) no matter the controversy that has often divided this forum but honestly if Rockstar can come up with something new and unique then they should.

Regarding Australia, for the more classic idea that GTA employs which is taking its themes from great criminal related movies so just to mention two major movies which show a great playing field for GTA like themes that being Russel Crowe's Romper Stomper and Eric Bana's Chopper. The first deals with a neo-nazi group of skinheads in Melbourne who take it upon themselves to cause violence akin to your British soccer hooligans and then there's Chopper based on the nutorious Chopper Reid's romp through the Aussie criminal underground.

Well, most people think Australia is full of kangaroos and koalas and sh*t. I saw a Kangaroo for the first time in my life when I was 10.

Rockstar probobly have this thought of kangaroos jumping everywhere as well, unless they have been here.

in aus it isn't really in the media, the main gangs are normally the bikeys and all them, but there are organised crime and neo-nazis around.

haha, well i know that australia isn't a third world nation lost in the stone age where people ride kangaroos and fight with boomerangs... but i had just never heard anything about significant crime there. There are plenty of american cities like pittsburgh and cleveland that i would classify the same way... actually the pittsburgh thing is kinda low... pittsburgh is like one of the most disgusting and horrible places in the United States, I'm pretty sure no where in Australia is that bad

haha, well i know that australia isn't a third world nation lost in the stone age where people ride kangaroos and fight with boomerangs... but i had just never heard anything about significant crime there. There are plenty of american cities like pittsburgh and cleveland that i would classify the same way... actually the pittsburgh thing is kinda low... pittsburgh is like one of the most disgusting and horrible places in the United States, I'm pretty sure no where in Australia is that bad

There was some gangland killings from 1998 to 2003 in Melbourne, involving the Moran Crime Family.

I'm not too sure, as I'm not from Melbourne, but read it on our lovely friend Wikipedia.

There was some gangland killings from 1998 to 2003 in Melbourne, involving the Moran Crime Family.

I'm not too sure, as I'm not from Melbourne, but read it on our lovely friend Wikipedia.

My cousin got shot by one of those guys dontgetit.gif He was a bodyguard at a nightclub, didn't let them in.

He survived thankfully.

wow... i just read this wikipedia article and i gotta say... i think melbourne could be really cool...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne_gangland_killings

I have one question though... what is the style/culture of these australian gangs? I see there are a lot of italians and irish in them, do they have a similar culture as american mafiosos? I guess what I mean is, are they basically the sopranos with australian accents in place of the ny/jersey accent; or are they like a completely different animal?

They will just make a whole new city....

How would that be boring. I find it worse that they used Liberty for the 4th time...

I wanna see a new city, new types of people, new atmosphere.

Well its not really Liberty all over again, it is a totally new city.

And yes melbourne has its own mafia, as well as a lot of other crime "families".

The Moran family is just one of the, and as the most powerful mafia family in

Australia, it actually extorts millions from Woolworths fruit and veg section every year.

Edit:

A look at just the surface of crime in Melbourne:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...498-661,00.html

wow... i just read this wikipedia article and i gotta say... i think melbourne could be really cool...

I have one question though... what is the style/culture of these australian gangs? I see there are a lot of italians and irish in them, do they have a similar culture as american mafiosos? I guess what I mean is, are they basically the sopranos with australian accents in place of the ny/jersey accent; or are they like a completely different animal?

australia is really multi-cultural, don't really see any true aussie accents anymore, expecially in the cities

The Italian Australian mafia would be from direct Italian Australian decent, therefore would have

closer to a "leb" accent than anything else.

lol have you heard an Australian accent? That's the skinheads, and most of the Aussies here. We have many 'nomral' voices as well. As for the gangs and the way they speak, its more of the 'wog' accent and stuff. Youtube Weapon X and Ken Hell I think it is? That's the wogs here.

Take in mind however that people can still say "mate" and "blue" and not

have the media's "yeh mate how ya doin?" accent.

australia is really multi-cultural, don't really see any true aussie accents anymore, expecially in the cities

hmm... so are the majority of these gang members foreign born, like actually from Italy or Ireland? I guess what i want to see is the stereotypical member of the Moran or Williams family... I mean do they wear gold chains and greased hair like american mafia... or more like the british gangsters you see in guy ritchie movies... or like black and latino gangstas that dress hip-hopish.... or do they have their own style? I know that Russian, Italian, and other gangs made up of foreigners will of course have the culture of their native land, I'm just curious about what the native australian gangster is like as it's this completely unknown concept to me (and i'm a bit of an amateur gang sociologist).

lol have you heard an Australian accent? That's the skinheads, and most of the Aussies here. We have many 'nomral' voices as well. As for the gangs and the way they speak, its more of the 'wog' accent and stuff. Youtube Weapon X and Ken Hell I think it is? That's the wogs here.

so your telling me no one talks like Paul Hogan, Steve Irwin, Olivia Newton John, etc?

so i just checked this wog sh*t out.... i think i want to move to australia (i'm italian). No offense to any northern europeans but my whole life i felt like the italians, greeks, spanish, turks, etc should band together; that whole feeling of being 'quasi-white.' I also live in a pretty waspy part of the united states now... where as my parents are from new york where there are ton of italians... i suppose i always feel left out... but this sh*t looks awesome (and the wog girls look like the best thing since latinas)