Niko's Skills

Roubicek

In past GTAs you've been able to improve your shooting and driving (flying/cycling etc..) but in IV do you think you'll be able to improve other skills as well like:

- Stealing cars/ carjacking (improve your speed of entry, speed of hotwiring? even possibly some cars you can't break into until your skill level is high enough?)

- Breaking and entering houses (as you improve you can access more of the buildings essentially opening up the map)

- Hiding/ Stealth (get better at hiding from the police?) ph34r.gif

- Climbing (gain access to areas of the map you couldn't at first)

- Talking/ Negotiation (convince people to do things for you or let you into places without having to break in or kill anyone, dull though that may be)

I like the idea of having to work on your skills before you can steal anything or go anywhere but it will take away from the fun of stealing a banshee as soon as you get into the game and driving as fast as possible through the crowded streets of Liberty City and getting a massive wanted level.

They've apparently cut all RPG like stat building from SA, haven't they?

Really? Where did you hear/see that?

Transparanoia

Some preview from ages ago, probably. Could have been on here too. I can't remember exactly, sorry.

Some preview from ages ago, probably. Could have been on here too. I can't remember exactly, sorry.

i certainly hope so

i think niko will have some kind of military traing or something from his past so stealing cars and killing people and other things like that shall be no probs for niko

but in IV do you think you'll be able to improve other skills as well like:

No. You should read the factsheet before asking question like that confused.gif

Sorry, I can't find the bit in the factsheet that says we're not going to be using skills of any sort.

Sorry, I can't find the bit in the factsheet that says we're not going to be using skills of any sort.

Ok my bad. So read the previews, you can find this in one of the very first. It has been confirmed by rockstar for a long time, that all the rpg abilities sh*t have gone (muscles, sex appeal,shootgun, pistols, run, swiming, f*cking, chatting, sleeping...) icon14.gif

Yea i hope so..It gave the game something else to do..what could be wrong with that?

Climbing skills?(If you can climb)

yeah read

Edited by HAZER blade

Look! Im banned!

Justin is awesome.

Yea i hope so..It gave the game something else to do..what could be wrong with that?

Climbing skills?(If you can climb)

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

and you even ask if he have climbing skills!it was the most talking stuff around! cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

After playing SA after a long period time and going back to Vice City, I felt disconnected from Tommy Vercetti, meaning I think the stats making you feel much more connected to your character, or at least more control.

Playstation3 Name: Simseth

Add me!

YourNeighborhoodKiller

I really want to see something new with the fighting. And maybe an new way to steal a car.

New account: Gezim

no people it said that niko's physics wont change. it does not meanthat he cannot get better at fighting or gain skills. although niko will be able to shave and lengthen or shorten his hair (yay).Remember physics is'nt skill.

Yea R* only said that we cant change his physique. I wouldnt mind learning some new fighting moves. And have it a little more deep.

Please, read the previews and what rockstar said. yawn.gif

Why dont you show me a link, where they say absolutely no type of skill improving wont be in the game. No need for me to look if you are so sure you read it, you could go right to that preview, right? There probabkly wont be any gun skills, to lvl up, since he already seems to know what he is doing with guns.

unrelated but i found this on that website which got me thinking,

Dan Houser compares the leap from GTA III to GTA IV, to the leap from GTA to GTA III.

as for skills still being in there, i would expect atleast stamina to be in there

Maybe he will improve his english. lol.gif

I laughed.

Stamina is the more probable than the rest. It was the most rewarding after muscle in San Andreas, running fast for a lnger period of time was great.

Vince_ThePhoenix

@ the Topic Starter - New fighting style or skills, and also entering more buildings than the other past GTA's. cool.gif

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

Fighting, stamina, gun precision, car handling, health, speed, quicker hotwiring.

although niko will be able to shave and lengthen or shorten his hair (yay).

Lol@Getting excited over your own speculation.

although niko will be able to shave and lengthen or shorten his hair (yay).

Lol@Getting excited over your own speculation.

LOl, i doubt your hair will grow. I gaurantee that there are barber shops in this one. We have seen Niko with 3 different hair styles.