Saint marks

HAZER blade

Im sure we all know about the saint Mark bistro if its still there do you think its still under mafia control I hope its still there and not owned by the

Forelli crime Family and if they let niko eat i hope he will be able to go inside and eat there what are your ideas. and please no flaming rolleyes.gif

Look! Im banned!

Justin is awesome.

Nice sig.

Anyway, run-on sentence aside, I do hope that some of the landmarks return in the new, updated style.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

I'm pretty damn confident Marco's Bistro will be returning. It'd be almost stupid if it didn't.

I'm pretty damn confident Marco's Bistro will be returning. It'd be almost stupid if it didn't.

Why? It's a new story, new city layout, new characters, new time zone. It's not part of the III trilogy, so in fact, it shouldn't have anything to do with those stories anymore.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

The new city layout is an even better reason for old places like Marco's Bistro to reappear. They have an opportunity to completely re-do them and make 'em like 10x better. And there are old places from 3 returning, the church, only it's been done a whole lot better. It was a representation of the cathedral in 3, and now it's carried over in IV.

yeah ceedot but it was mentoned almost in all gta's and it could play a big gta4 and its pretty f*ckin stupid to have it gone because its a new generaton in

gta what if a another gta was made and was in lc that mean they would not be able to put saint marks beastro in because its a new generation

Edited by HAZER blade

Look! Im banned!

Justin is awesome.

yeah ceedot but it was mentoned almost in all gta's and it could play a big gta4 and its pretty f*ckin stupid to have it gone because its a new generaton in

gta what if a another gta was made and was in lc that mean they would not be able to put saint marks beastro in because its a new generation

Uh.... What? confused.gif

Edited by XBOXLOVER

What? confused.gif

Ye, pretty much what I was thinking. As for Don Garcia, you have a good point. But the reason they have those buildings is because they are New York landmarks(I think, correct me if I'm wrong). I noticed some returning buildings in trailer 1, but I'm not sure as to having those old 'GTA' landmarks. I don't think they will personally, but you do bring up a good point.

What? confused.gif

Ye, pretty much what I was thinking. As for Don Garcia, you have a good point. But the reason they have those buildings is because they are New York landmarks(I think, correct me if I'm wrong). I noticed some returning buildings in trailer 1, but I'm not sure as to having those old 'GTA' landmarks. I don't think they will personally, but you do bring up a good point.

Well the OLC landmarks where based on rel NY landmarks. So yes, there will be returning landmarks from OLC.

I wouldnt mind them having Saints marks bistro. As long as we can enter it. And hear easter eggs from the people inside. Like "That street kid raised hell in here 15 years ago" But i would really like to be able to enter Luigi's place from GTA 3. I think it was in the red light district. I think it might have been a strip club.

what i ment by generation is that gen graphics and as ceedot said whole new city and buildings to me he said it shoudnt be there because its a whole new liberty city is what i said clear enough now Yes or no monocle.gif

Look! Im banned!

Justin is awesome.

Oh god,

just because the game is next generation DOES NOT mean things cant return

,i hope saint marks bistro is still in. because i would love to eat there but i think by now the Leone's would control it.

saint marks was basically little italy. so we will proberbly be seeing it in the game but the bistro is a GTA landmark so let us hope it is in.

R* can do watever they want so they can put it in if they want to its there game not yours and they never said that old GTA cleches would not return . So i hope you understand that next gen does not mean "oh this is a new next gen game so we are going to have nothing that used to be in it'

its R*s game and they are going to do whatever they want

eh willgtavcs are you talkin to me or ceedot because i want saint marks beastro in mercie_blink.gif gta4

Look! Im banned!

Justin is awesome.

eh willgtavcs are you talkin to me or ceedot because i want saint marks beastro in mercie_blink.gif gta4

I dunno but i was just clearing this up so that you all understand that next gen is not taking away the old stuff its bringing in the new but i would imagine R* will put in an old building

Why? It's a new story, new city layout, new characters, new time zone. It's not part of the III trilogy, so in fact, it shouldn't have anything to do with those stories anymore.

it's not A NEW time GTA 3 was in 2001 and this is in 2008, and even if its in a city layout it still can return

it's not A NEW time GTA 3 was in 2001 and this is in 2008, and even if its in a city layout it still can return

you mean2007 and good point

Look! Im banned!

Justin is awesome.

you mean2007 and good point

no 2008 i dont know if its set in 2007 or 2008 but it doesnt matter its stil modern day as in nowtimes

lol i posted this thread like a wk ago hahah bit late but any who yeah i reackon it would be mad as to see it come back but i highly doubt it will tounge.gif

It more or less comes to the point: is it necessary to bring up old stuff.

I think Rockstar will bring back old things, only if they are significant. If you noticed, TW@ returned from GTA III, but this time, it has a point to be there.

Unless Marco's Bistro is there to be able to enter, or there for an Easter Egg, there's no point putting it there...

People will say 'they can put it there for an Easter Egg', but how many landmarks are there to be put in as Easter Eggs?

CookPassBabtridge

Im sure chunks of the map will be built around the old one, and improved upon (obviously). So if the artists can use existing landmarks and jazz them up, instead of imagining new ones, im sure there will be returning buildings. Saves a lot of work from their point of view, and from ours, its nice to see major places from previous stories. It adds a nice continuity to things

Im sure chunks of the map will be built around the old one, and improved upon (obviously). So if the artists can use existing landmarks and jazz them up, instead of imagining new ones, im sure there will be returning buildings. Saves a lot of work from their point of view, and from ours, its nice to see major places from previous stories. It adds a nice continuity to things

CookPassBabtridge what is that a picture of? : rampage_ani.gif

@topic - siants row bistro wasnt a huge landmark in #3 .what about Leons mansion , who cares , i dont think the designers will base the new map around the old liberty city cuase that would just be plain boring. from the trailers it dont look like it

user posted image
i heard it on the radio

First you said you only thought, now you're saying it is. And R* confirmed it was the same "universe" when they said pretty much all of the old characters have died by the time this game takes place. If it was a different universe/timeline, they would have flat out said those characters dont exist in GTA IV, dead or alive. Liberty City was re-modeled for a more accurate New York than III's, not because it's a different world. If Sprunk, MeTV, the Stallion, and the horde of other GTA 3 era things are in GTA IV, there's no problem with having St. Marks Bistro in it either. I'm not saying it's gonna be there, but there's no reason it can't, either. It's probably under new ownership though, seeing as how the Leone Family has probably fallen apart in the six or seven years since the Don was murdered.

user posted image

First you said you only thought, now you're saying it is. And R* confirmed it was the same "universe" when they said pretty much all of the old characters have died by the time this game takes place. If it was a different universe/timeline, they would have flat out said those characters dont exist in GTA IV, dead or alive. Liberty City was re-modeled for a more accurate New York than III's, not because it's a different world. If Sprunk, MeTV, the Stallion, and the horde of other GTA 3 era things are in GTA IV, there's no problem with having St. Marks Bistro in it either. I'm not saying it's gonna be there, but there's no reason it can't, either. It's probably under new ownership though, seeing as how the Leone Family has probably fallen apart in the six or seven years since the Don was murdered.

Ah... yes, true.

Looks like you proved me wrong.

As for it being in the game, no one here knows for sure.

i'd say it's possible... but not definite... i mean if things like sprunk and cluck'n'bell are returning, and as ceedot said tw@t... why not this? But I don't think it's like safe to assume it has to be in it or anything.