REALLLYYY Olde Skool

Slamman

I wondered if anyone besides me kept their old Apple ][ Games and perhaps older to oldest consoles? I would like to see who else shares some of my oldest games I still hold onto. Also would like to see a thread set for Sega Genesis fans. Was that done here before? I have to go do my mail for now, but feel free to talk 1970s and 80s games in here... We wouldn't have the 90s without 'em!!

biggrin.gif

I have Coleco Gemini that plays 2600 cartridges, 3DO by LG company, then known as Goldstar and a Magnovox Oddessey 2 (IIRC) I always forget the spelling but that system was black and white with paddle games like Tennis and Squash! That one our whole family played on. I have a good number of 5.25 inch floppy Apple games, never got rid of them... not all are games and most are pirated. I think piracy in the 1980s was almost epidemic!!! lol.gif

i have all of the very old games ported on pc, lol.....600 old school games from the 80's to the 90's!!!

I should add my folks had bought a brand new Apple //e in 1984, I got my own used Apple ][Plus when I found one and had some money for it... Then I bought an Apple //c which is all I have left. I never owned a Mac but friends of our family did and I tried their copy of Zork one Christmas. Back then graphics were rarely any good, I never had a handheld of modern vintage. There were a few in the 1980s I can barely recall... The main goal was having a PacMan that resembled the arcade. I seem to recall a cool one but I will have to wrack my brains to mention it in detail

I am severly tempted to start a Genesis thread but there are over 80 pages here alone! Anyone see one here before? I'm afraid of bumping that as well but I have some interesting retro games there. I plan on putting some demos of these old ones over at YouTube and still may, in fact. There is interest in seeing vintage items of all sorts on YouTube and it's often fun to see the comments as well!

Edited by Slamman

I have a NES, my dad lets me use his Genisis and SNES. But these games on these consoles rock ass! I mean sure it maybe low tech but it is still so much fun!

@Slamman: I started one along time ago, just cant find it!

Do you have Oregon trail for your apple II? I remember playing that game in the 4th grade, f*cking classic.

I should add my folks had bought a brand new Apple //e in 1984, I got my own used Apple ][Plus when I found one and had some money for it... Then I bought an Apple //c which is all I have left. I never owned a Mac but friends of our family did and I tried their copy of Zork one Christmas. Back then graphics were rarely any good, I never had a handheld of modern vintage. There were a few in the 1980s I can barely recall... The main goal was having a PacMan that resembled the arcade. I seem to recall a cool one but I will have to wrack my brains to mention it in detail

I am severly tempted to start a Genesis thread but there are over 80 pages here alone! Anyone see one here before? I'm afraid of bumping that as well but I have some interesting retro games there. I plan on putting some demos of these old ones over at YouTube and still may, in fact. There is interest in seeing vintage items of all sorts on YouTube and it's often fun to see the comments as well!

BTW that remindes me.... You should cheak out Mario Frustration.

Don't quote everything I just added (friendly reminder of quote-train terror!)

I found a link to a pic/auction that shows one of my early gaming platforms, I went after the Ms. Pacman version but this is interesting in that it shows the packaging and the pricing on a relic such as this. I had a white handheld that I seem to remember being a Coleco as well, they had TONs of fairly entertaining game devices.

Of course their Adam was a minor success and I also knew people down the street who had one!

>>Check this out>>

http://cgi.ebay.com/old-PAC-MAN-TABLE-TOP-...ksid=p1638.m118

I still play Super Mario Bros. 3 and Battle toads alot on NES ROM. I grew up playing SMB3. I want another PSP to play it on cryani.gif

d653p.png

I've got an Apple II C and a whole box of games

even strip blackjack!

We bought the pc and box of games off some old lady (what she was doing with that game I do not know)

I've got an atari2600 sitting around somewhere.

I also remember playing the Transformers game on C64.

No dough this post will get questions and and maybe even some fighting.

Used to have a colecovision, actually I might still own it. The problem is that most old systems aren't compatible with any of my TVs.

CarpetDweller

I'm a bit of a hoarder and I think the only games system I ever got rid of was my Sega Master System (version 1). I sold that with all my games, but everything else is still packed somewhere in my house.

Up in the loft I've got a Mac from the mid-ninties as well as my first computer, the Spectrum 48k (Yes, I'll say that again for the youngens here...48K!).

Then there's my upgrade to the 128K version (with built in tape deck! WooHoo!!!).

My Sega Game Gear was really a waste of money. I only ever bought 2 games. I got it while in Florida so the AC adaptor never worked in England and batteries didn't last that long. That's sat in drawers and cupboards ever since. I'm obviously not much of a travelling gamer as my PSP (although already had more use than the GG ever did, still doesn't see a lot of action).

The reason I sold my Master System was because I had reached the next level - 16 bits full of fun - the Sega Megadrive (Genesis in USA). That still comes out every now and again when I fancy some Sonic the Hedgehog, Streets of Rage, James Pond, Earthworm Jim, Dick Tracy, Wonderboy in Monsterland, Alien3, Immortal, Micro Machines & a few others.

Once consoles advanced to 32-bit machines and started using CD-Roms I stopped playing games for a long time. In fact it was a certain GTAIII on the PS2 that hooked me back in.

[suddenly old memeories resurface]

One day I'm going to beat Alex Kidd in Miracle World. I'd probably find it really easy these days, but it's always bothered me that I only reached the final boss on 2 occasions and never beat him. One day I'll go back and finish him. Bastard!

I can't remember what console it was but I remember having loads of fun playing Road Rash and Rolling thunder 2 with my best mate of the time. Great days.

user posted image

Oldest I got is an Atari 7800, pathetic, isn't it?

I remember Oregon Trail, f*ckin' Awesome

I remember Oregon Trail, f*ckin' Awesome

My god, I used to play that on the PC. I think I was like, seven.

I kept getting diseases f*cking everywhere. My character was increadibly unlucky. sad.gif

Slosten.gif

Oldest I have is a Sega MegaDrive II. Yeah, lame, I know.

Barely ever crack the old baby out, being as if I want to play Sonic, I've got the Sonic Mega Collection on Xbox, and there's really no other games that I want to play.

That, and they seem to hate Plasma TVs. Can't tune it in for the life of me.

EMULATORS ARE A LIE!!!!

Hehe, I like playing games better on their original console using the original controllers, it has a "more real" feel to it.

I got 2 Atari 2600CX-A, the all black "Darth Vader" and the wooden paneled one. Got some 15 games for them including Space Invaders, Yar's Revenge,Frogger and Pacman. Only "problem" I got is that my 3 controllers are joysticks, got none of the circle thing ones:( . They both work like back in the 80's, I play with them like 2 times a year and the games are still fun (to me at least).

Then I have my NES which, you may know from my recent topic, isn't working quite well cryani.gif . Got few games for it, like 8 including Ice Climber, Mario/Duck Hunt, Zelda and TMNT. I don't use it too much either, that's why I just found out it wasn't working fine. I played it like hell when i got it from my cousins some 2 years before i got my next console.

And then I have my beloved SNES. +45 games now -and counting- including most Marios(even RPG), Zelda, Metroid, Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger to mention some of the best known ones. I play this system the most; even more than my N64, Gamecube or 360, specially since my PS2 died. All I have to say is I LOVE IT. Best System ever.

I still play Super Mario Bros. 3 and Battle toads alot on NES ROM. I grew up playing SMB3. I want another PSP to play it on  cryani.gif

What a coincidence! I have two and would like the revised white one!

Problem is the power is only working via battery since a non Sony AC adapter caused an issue with it. Outside of that, the joypad was replaced and the exterior treated with great respect. I covered the screen with a plastic protector and with the other, a hard shell armor casing.

I like the idea of PS3 downloads to play on PSP, another reason I bought PS3 ultimately

I own the Sega CD and a small handful of games. I will run though my Genesis titles for those to compare to:

Steller Fire on SegaCD, Two Crude Dudes (Data East!), Sonic original (The Hedgehog...no, not Ron Jeremy!!), Splatterhouse 2 (Namco), Kid Chameleon (Sega 1992), Outrun- arcade classic

Road Rash, Road Rash 2, ToeJam and Earl as well as Planet Funkatron??, Desert and Jungle Strike, and recently Urban Strike (EA classics) Will Harvey's amazing Immortal- one of the best looking Genesis games and unique as well.

Streets of Rage as well as Ecco the Dolphin and Outlander from Mindscape. Also bought and still own Skitchin, (EA) where you grab hold of cars while skating... a concept GTA could use with what we see now.

I have more CD version games, tucked away and it's been some time, but I'll get to 3DO as well as I often confuse those CD based games! haha

Never owned Nintendo but loved the Mario Bros at the arcade and do all those games with MAME I have to admit

Edited by Slamman

CarpetDweller

Ah, the original Toe Jam & Earl! A fun imaginative 2-player with great personality. That was another game me & my mate spent ages playing.

Admittedly, I'm looking at it in a nostaligic way and don't know if it would hold up against the competition these days. But I loved it at the time. I didn't know it was available on the wii until this topic made me look it up. I don't think I ever played the sequels.

user posted image

Still got my Sega lying around somewhere... These were my faves:

Sonic

Golden Axe

Jungle Strike

Streets of Rage

Pacman

Castle of Illusion

Road Rash

Toe Jam & Earl

Terminator

James Pond: Codename: Robocod

F*ck there are loads more, wish I could remember them all.

I was only really around to remember the Sega Genesis though. I literally creamed when I opened a Christmas present some 10 years ago to find a Sega Saturn. Haha! icon14.gif

CarpetDweller

@ Deuce Deuce - "Castle of Illusion"? Was that the Mickey Mouse game?

I'm posting another video. This one holds a special place in my heart. I got this free on a VHS cassette with a games magazine many years ago.

I post it here for 2 reasons.

1: Because it shows clips of lots of old games.

2: Because I remember just how blown away and in awe I was when it reached the 3:30 point. This is when the talk about the FUTURE of games (which started at 2:30) really kicks in. I was amazed, excited and couldn't imagine where we could go next.

I never did buy one though. I think the woman in the commercial excited me even more and I went off to play with girls instead.

user posted image

@ Deuce Deuce - "Castle of Illusion"? Was that the Mickey Mouse game?

Yeah, Word of Illusion too. They both rocked.

I'm tempted to dig out my Sega again. ph34r.gif

I still have my MSX console. It works fine 100% tounge2.gif

user posted image

Some of its games I still have: Nemesis 2, Konami's Football (the best soccer game ever!), Pitfall (the very first version), Time Trial, Road Figher... and others.

Some pics I've found on the net:

Konami's Football

user posted image

user posted image

Nemesis 2

user posted image

user posted image

Road Fighter

user posted image

user posted image

Ahhh... the memories. I think I'll go re-play them now!

Edited by err0rz0n

Do you have Oregon trail for your apple II? I remember playing that game in the 4th grade, f*cking classic.

Oregon Trail day in class was the BEST!

DS? PSP? A Great Racer craves not these things.

user posted image

user posted image

Ld8Bhg8.gif

YourNeighborhoodKiller

I don't necessarily carry any old systems or games. I sold them ages ago.

New account: Gezim

Ah, the original Toe Jam & Earl! A fun imaginative 2-player with great personality. That was another game me & my mate spent ages playing.

Admittedly, I'm looking at it in a nostaligic way and don't know if it would hold up against the competition these days. But I loved it at the time. I didn't know it was available on the wii until this topic made me look it up. I don't think I ever played the sequels.

I keep hearing that maybe a revision to next gen is coming, that was a really inspired two person game and almost screamed that you have more then one person playing!!

Also, I had intended to list some Apple games from the 1980s, and I will, but I should add some I forgot before, like (IIRC, Electronic Arts' classics) Boulder Dash ( 1 and 2!) and Archon (1 and 2), I brought up Sir Tech who established the Wizardry games but brought out the black and white game Rescue Raiders. That game is highly unique but builds off the army strategy likeness of Choplifter. I hope you guys who recall Oregon Trail (I know the text version only, from dusty memory) get a chance to try some games like Lode Runner. The arcade version was simulated in MAME

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.