Rockstar: 'No New GTA IV 360 Exclusive Content'

err0rz0n

A Rockstar rep told Next-Gen Wednesday that the content in question is merely the second of the two previously announced pieces of episodic content making their way to Xbox 360. While both pieces of episodic content were initially scheduled to hit Xbox 360 in Take-Two’s fiscal 2008, the second piece of content will now be available in fiscal 2009, a delay presumably brought about by the later than expected release of the highly anticipated title, which slipped from a planned 2007 debut to a 2008 fiscal second quarter (February 1 - April 30) release.

For the full article click here.

DreamsLieHere
That should be good news for PS3 owners.

.. Err, why?

Good to have it cleared up though.

Well, at least the PS3 owners aren't in doubt of how much DLCs is the Xbox 360 gonna have. And the wait for DLC for the PS3 is cut short.

That should be good news for PS3 owners.

.. Err, why?

Good to have it cleared up though.

Well, at least the PS3 owners aren't in doubt of how much DLCs is the Xbox 360 gonna have. And the wait for DLC for the PS3 is cut short.

You're still waiting for it.. It's just a matter of who has it first. I guess.

Who's first wins?? not necessarily.

The exact content was not publicized, however, I personally think it will be added sections to the map, more then clothes or cars, but I also think content for the PS3 will be the same but in a different area of the game map, that's my hope I guess

Effy in Chains

The exact content was not publicized, however, I personally think it will be added sections to the map, more then clothes or cars, but I also think content for the PS3 will be the same but in a different area of the game map, that's my hope I guess

Not to start a war or anything, but no way should the PS3 get a different area of the map exclusive to them! Microsoft paid for their's and the PS3 should not get it's own for free.

Zs936OL.gif

Not to start a war or anything, but no way should the PS3 get a different area of the map exclusive to them! Microsoft paid for their's and the PS3 should not get it's own for free.

There isn't even dlc confirmed for PS3.. so probably the PS3 won't even get DLC for a while after the release. At least not the same and/or as big as the dlc for the 360.

i just want it! angry.gif id like if they used it to update vehicles and clothing to reflect changes in trends and technology. example, if they in 2009 they added the new models for cars.

Bah... Anyway, I'm a PS3 owner and I've got the strong feeling that we'll get nothing.

Your correct because Microsoft has paid 50 million for each episode so i think even half of that would cover making the episodic content. Which means the other half was to make dlc content exclusive to xbox 360 and that only microsoft will get episodic content. That was their deal with microsoft and i can see why they didn't say no to $100 million for 2 episodes biggrin.gif

I prefere them to concentrate on the next gta, than selling sh*t for rich and fanboy people. I won't buy this. $70 for a game is already very expensive, i have the money but i don't feel ready to put $100+ in a damn game.

BUT, i will buy their next product, the next GTA smile.gifsmile.gif

I prefere them to concentrate on the next gta, than selling sh*t for rich and fanboy people. I won't buy this. $70 for a game is already very expensive, i have the money but i don't feel ready to put $100+ in a damn game.

BUT, i will buy their next product, the next GTA smile.gifsmile.gif

O_o Sorry but if you have been following you would realize that the next GTA will still be about 70 dollars. Just get the system now and stop complaining. It will satisfy you anger for no GTA IV PC announced yet.

What ?

I have a 360, i don't have to buy any system, btw gta iv isn't coming on PC for the moment.

I'm not complaining, i give my opinion, my opinion is that i won't buy it, ok?

I could really care less about DLC right now. I just want the game completed and shipped out. I havent played GTA in a long time and I'm starting to get withdrawal lol.

A little off the topic but it could be possible that the DLC for 360 (PS3 later?) is a mock-up of Staten Island. This does sound likely because of the delay til' 2009.

It may not sound real because Rockstar might have to come up with a crazy idea on why an island just appeared in the middle of the game. This news doesn't really phase me either. It's only DLC nothing completly major (as of now).

I could really care less about DLC right now. I just want the game completed and shipped out. I havent played GTA in a long time and I'm starting to get withdrawal lol.

Exactly, will anyone be thinking about episodic content when the GTA 4 release day finally arrives? What the hell, let's speculate when we can get our hands on GTA 5. Man, I'm gonna be pissed if I don't see some info on this soon!

I'm positive R* knows that by releasing a release date soon, they'd be quelling a great deal of emotional angst faced by us fans, but they would add perhaps a greater deal of scrutiny towards themselves and perhaps even raise the expectations even greater. It was maybe an overconfident release date that screwed them and us over originally, and I'm positive that no one here would want a release date announcement tomorrow only to have it adjusted every so often until the game is actually released.

I'm positive R* knows that by releasing a release date soon, they'd be quelling a great deal of emotional angst faced by us fans, but they would add perhaps a greater deal of scrutiny towards themselves and perhaps even raise the expectations even greater. It was maybe an overconfident release date that screwed them and us over originally, and I'm positive that no one here would want a release date announcement tomorrow only to have it adjusted every so often until the game is actually released.

Dude that would suck. cry.gif

Exactly my point, so I see no reason why people would want R* to release a hasty release date to please fans for the time being only to have to change it down the line because of development issues that continue to persist, just as it happened the first time around.

Exactly my point, so I see no reason why people would want R* to release a hasty release date to please fans for the time being only to have to change it down the line because of development issues that continue to persist, just as it happened the first time around.

I dont want a release date...I want the game lol. They dont have to tell me when its coming out just let me know when it's close. Getting warmer... wow.gif

I dont want a release date...I want the game lol. They dont have to tell me when its coming out just let me know when it's close. Getting warmer... wow.gif

I agree with your sentiment, but I would hate it if they told us the release is near, never say a specific date, and then when I come home from school one day I see 100 new posts with people saying they walked into their local Gamespot and saw the game for sale on the shelves. Granted R* is much more savvy than to do such an economically foolish thing, but who knows what Strauss and his boys are thinking.

I agree with your sentiment, but I would hate it if they told us the release is near, never say a specific date, and then when I come home from school one day I see 100 new posts with people saying they walked into their local Gamespot and saw the game for sale on the shelves. Granted R* is much more savvy than to do such an economically foolish thing, but who knows what Strauss and his boys are thinking.

Yeh I know what you're talking about, I meant just tell me when its like two weeks away, for sure. Then I can wake up two weeks later knowing that I got something great to look forward to.

Even though it goes against what I said early, I do want a release date soon, preferably within one week of Christmas, or else doubts will certainly be raised about the condition of the games development.

Even though it goes against what I said early, I do want a release date soon, preferably within one week of Christmas, or else doubts will certainly be raised about the condition of the games development.

Well I think we are past that phase already. If R* put out some information regarding the delay then I'm sure fans would understand. I think being left in the dark is worse then knowing why your most anticipated game (assuming GTA IV is it) isn't on shelves yet.

Well I think we are past that phase already. If R* put out some information regarding the delay then I'm sure fans would understand. I think being left in the dark is worse then knowing why your most anticipated game (assuming GTA IV is it) isn't on shelves yet.

I dont know, I just want this week to end, so I wont have to worry about school for a good two weeks until the second week in January.

I'm relieved. A friend with a PS3 said this story meant exclusive DLC for the 360 had been cancelled or was no longer exclusive. I see he was mistaken and that nothing has really changed. The schedule for the 360 DLC has simply slipped into 2009 because GTA4 slipped into 2008. Well that's what you'd expect.

As I speculated in another thread, the 360 DLC content may never appear on a Sony platform and that would be perfectly fair. Sony platforms already had two releases of exclusive content: LCS and VCS. The "size" of new content in the GTA4 DLC could be similar to what the Stories games offered compared to GTA3 and VC. New stuff happening on old maps. And there are two DLC packs, just like there were two Stories games. It seems very symmetrical to me.