Bags,backpacks, containers

c0nflikt

I may get flamed for this i searched a few keywords and found nothing so here goes.

I was watching the gta4 trailers 1-3 for like the 20th time and i was watching trailer two when i noticed around 42 seconds into the video when niko is coming aroun the red car firing the ak he has a strap around him and a bag behind him.

so what do you guys think the functions for this bag or bags in the game will be?

i was thinking niko would carry his big guns in these so he wouldn't scare civilians or if you rob somebody you put stuff in it who knows what do you think?

Gtafanatic13334
I may get flamed for this i searched a few keywords and found nothing so here goes.

I was watching the gta4 trailers 1-3 for like the 20th time and i was watching trailer two when i noticed around 42 seconds into the video when niko is coming aroun the red car firing the ak he has a strap around him and a bag behind him.

so what do you guys think the functions for this bag or bags in the game will be?

i was thinking niko would carry his big guns in these so he wouldn't scare civilians or if you rob somebody you put stuff in it who knows what do you think?

Somebody mentioned that we won't be able to walk around with our pistols out as it'll get us a wanted star, so it makes sense that we won't be able to carry around stuff in an 'inventory' so to speak - so yeah, maybe he'll carry a rucksack or holdall to carry weapons in.

i think its guna be great if all ya guns arnt all in a big imaginary pocket like they usualy are lol (hmm what other wep is in my pocket.... a rocket launcher!!! )

be good to see that if you want to carry extra weapons and things you gota get a backpack to put em in

If that is the case; that the hold-all will be used to carry extra weapons, I wonder how it will function..will he have to take it off and upzip it somehow to get the weapons out or..?

Gtafanatic13334
If that is the case; that the hold-all will be used to carry extra weapons, I wonder how it will function..will he have to take it off and upzip it somehow to get the weapons out or..?

Bloody hell, when you put it like that, it sounds far too slow

hmmmm....

mercie_blink.gif

i doubt it will be you unzip it n take it out

it might just still be a case of they appear in your hand againbut at least having to have a bag to keep them adds a little to the realism

Yeah, I remember a mission in GTA3 when you get surrounded by Triads .. if I had to stop and unzip a damn bag to get out a weapon I'd already be dead dontgetit.gif

Gtafanatic13334
Yeah, I remember a mission in GTA3 when you get surrounded by Triads .. if I had to stop and unzip a damn bag to get out a weapon I'd already be dead dontgetit.gif

That's what I mean - can you imagine it in multiplayer?!

"There he is. go on, shoot him"

*Puts bag down.

Bends over.

Unzips it.

Pulls out AK47.

Barrel gets stuck in strap*

"f*ckING COME ON!!!!!! HURRY UP!!!"

suicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

Transparanoia

I assume storing weapons will be something like;

On person: Melee, Pistol, SMG, grenades.

In bag: Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Flame Thrower, RPG

Although I'd like to see a suitcase used for the sniper rifle. smile.gif

doesnt mean youl see him unzip it. may still be they appear in your hand

the backpacks just so you can carry them.

doesnt mean youl see him unzip it. may still be they appear in your hand

Yeah, I hope thats what happens and I think you can also store weapons in your cars boot/trunk?

Transparanoia

I don't think how the weapons will be coming out of the bag is the problem, I'm just curious how this won't conflict with walls and clothes and Niko. It would look totally sh*t if the straps were going through his shoulders.

doesnt mean youl see him unzip it.  may still be they appear in your hand

Yeah, I hope thats what happens and I think you can also store weapons in your cars boot/trunk?

could well be that. you mean like an inventory were you keep all of your weps?

so for instance if yo want to change your set of weps that you got u go to the boot and change them? that wud be cool but what about wen you change cars?

if you lost the car youd have to go back to it to get them or lose them

Although I'd like to see a suitcase used for the sniper rifle. smile.gif

Hitman Much ? tounge.gif But i dont really care much what happens, you'll just have to get use to it.

Although I'd like to see a suitcase used for the sniper rifle.  smile.gif

Hitman Much ? tounge.gif But i dont really care much what happens, you'll just have to get use to it.

to be able to carry a sniper rifle round in a suitecase (like hitman lol) and then see him unpack it and set it up would be amazing id love that.

so for instance if yo want to change your set of weps that you got u go to the boot and change them? that wud be cool but what about wen you change cars?

As in like it was at AmmuNation, where you could cycle through the various weapons if you wanted to change them with the directional buttons and that?

As in like it was at AmmuNation, where you could cycle through the various weapons if you wanted to change them with the directional buttons and that?

yeah

That would be pretty good then; finding a back alley to swap weapons.

Transparanoia

Although I'd like to see a suitcase used for the sniper rifle.  smile.gif

Hitman Much ? tounge.gif

Yeah. The animation there isn't long and the way it's done just reeks 'cold, hard killer'. biggrin.gif

Yeah, I remember a mission in GTA3 when you get surrounded by Triads .. if I had to stop and unzip a damn bag to get out a weapon I'd already be dead  dontgetit.gif

*Puts bag down.

Bends over.

Unzips it.

Pulls out AK47.

suicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

Its called preparation.

Pulling out weapons before busting into the room.

Also there could be an inventory option, the Resident Evil 4 inventory for example is great.

Grand Theft Columbo

I hope we can carry a messenger bag with a laptop for wireless internet instead of hittin' the Tw@.

Yeah, I remember a mission in GTA3 when you get surrounded by Triads .. if I had to stop and unzip a damn bag to get out a weapon I'd already be dead  dontgetit.gif

*Puts bag down.

Bends over.

Unzips it.

Pulls out AK47.

suicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

I'm thinking carrying the bag will just be like 'extra inventory' like in RPG's. You don't pull out things of bags in rpgs n sh*t. And I know people will say 'GTA isn't an RPG ceedot you noob', but they are games.

I think Rockstar will have the bag's as 'extra inventory' rather than a more realistic 'get's gun out of bag, zips bag bla bla bla.'

Transparanoia

*Puts bag down.

Bends over.

Unzips it.

Pulls out AK47.

suicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

I'm thinking carrying the bag will just be like 'extra inventory' like in RPG's. You don't pull out things of bags in rpgs n sh*t. And I know people will say 'GTA isn't an RPG ceedot you noob', but they are games.

I think Rockstar will have the bag's as 'extra inventory' rather than a more realistic 'get's gun out of bag, zips bag bla bla bla.'

Haha, I thought the exact same thing. Then I realised I would be contradicting myself when I said to someone "This isn't an RPG" so I stayed quiet.

You know I wish people showed this kind of enthusiasm for this realism feature a month ago in the 'carrying weapons' thread.... Thats when we needed it. Instead it was hoarded with people speaking against the feature... Now everyone is suddenly okay with it? Could be too late now.. R* may have already cut it (if in fact it was in) due to the complaining.....

Anyway it's good more people are willing to accept these kind of changes now.

Edited by $tr4nger

weapons , Money , Clothes !!

this will give the game more reality , in fact , it remebers me by Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell Conviction.

I think he will unzip the bag and take out hsi guns in a fast way somehow, I'm sure R* thought of something.. It'd be stupid to carry a bag for guns and sitll pull the ugns out of nowhere.

Gtafanatic13334

*Puts bag down.

Bends over.

Unzips it.

Pulls out AK47.

suicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

Its called preparation.

Also there could be an inventory option, the Resident Evil 4 inventory for example is great.

Yeah, in a mission that'd be ok.. but multiplayer tends to be faster.

Unless of course multiplayer is more picking up guns and stuff, a lot less realistic and a lot more fun.

*Puts bag down.

Bends over.

Unzips it.

Pulls out AK47.

suicidal.gifsuicidal.gif

Its called preparation.

I agree.