San Andreas Stories?

fishermanGTA

Does this belong in the GTA IV topic?

I think it does as it would be comming out while everyone is playing IV.

Half of the issue would be would it sell or be a success now that the Next Gen GTA's are released.

YourNeighborhoodKiller

The recent GTA Stories were crappy, I wouldn't be surprised if the same goes for San Andreas Stories.

New account: Gezim

They will tackle PSP again but in what way? I would say San An is just too big to work, it would have to be similar to games they have made work, like The Warriors (vs it's PS2 version)

They will tackle PSP again but in what way? I would say San An is just too big to work, it would have to be similar to games they have made work, like The Warriors (vs it's PS2 version)

Ye San Andreas is too huge for PSP. Maybe if they make the map smaller...

i wouldnt mind a los santos stories, playing as CJ's brother, the one that got killed. they never went into what happened with him so id love to see you grow up in game, starting at like 16 year old street brothers to 20 year old hood kings.

Maybe something like a Los Santos Stories, or San Fierro Stories, or Las Venturas stories, but personally if I was playing a stories with just 1/3 cities it would really bother me knowing that when I'm near the coast there is no other city across the water from me.

Well maybe this is pure coincidence, but an interesting note.

LCS came out 4 years after GTA III (2005)

VCS came out 4 years after VC (2006)

SA as we all know came out in 2004, so by pattern SAS could come out sometime in 2008? (Probably towards the end of the year)

Probably means sweet f*** all, but an interesting note none the less.

Ye San Andreas is too huge for PSP. Maybe if they make the map smaller...

I personally think they thing that made SA such a huge leap from VC

was the HUGE map. Honestly it wouldnt have really appealed to me (I would

have still bought it, dont get me wrong) as much as it did had it have only

been one city.

But yeah I can see a Los Santos Stories. I think SF would be the

least likely of the 3 to be created though.

They could fit SA on the PSP with a little extra work, but once you've played 3rd gen games, it's hard to go back to PS2. I loaded up SA and everything seemed so boxy and small, like a model railroad set. It seemed so real before. By the time an SA Stories would come out, it would pale in comparison to GTA IV.

Besides, if they want to make Stories content, they should put that effort into downloadable content for IV. Doing a series of DLC for a game hasn't really been tapped yet and it has a lot of potential if it's for a megahit game. They could dribble out 10 missions at a time and make people keep buying 'em to find out what happens next, or keep making more vehicles and you gotta collect 'em all. The hard part of building a whole city and all the physics engine and software is done. They just need to keep creating more things to do within it.

I think they should make a SAS(boy that sounds weird) on the PS3 and 360 just to see what SA would look like on Blu-Ray

They could fit SA on the PSP with a little extra work, but once you've played 3rd gen games, it's hard to go back to PS2. I loaded up SA and everything seemed so boxy and small, like a model railroad set. It seemed so real before. By the time an SA Stories would come out, it would pale in comparison to GTA IV.

Besides, if they want to make Stories content, they should put that effort into downloadable content for IV. Doing a series of DLC for a game hasn't really been tapped yet and it has a lot of potential if it's for a megahit game. They could dribble out 10 missions at a time and make people keep buying 'em to find out what happens next, or keep making more vehicles and you gotta collect 'em all. The hard part of building a whole city and all the physics engine and software is done. They just need to keep creating more things to do within it.

I don't like that idea at all.

Keep paying more and more money?

Paying more money = icon13.gif

Its pretty stupid actually. why would you want to do that when

you could just buy the whole game outright.

Matthias King

They could fit SA on the PSP with a little extra work, but once you've played 3rd gen games, it's hard to go back to PS2.  I loaded up SA and everything seemed so boxy and small, like a model railroad set.  It seemed so real before.  By the time an SA Stories would come out, it would pale in comparison to GTA IV.

Besides, if they want to make Stories content, they should put that effort into downloadable content for IV.  Doing a series of DLC for a game hasn't really been tapped yet and it has a lot of potential if it's for a megahit game.  They could dribble out 10 missions at a time and make people keep buying 'em to find out what happens next, or keep making more vehicles and you gotta collect 'em all.  The hard part of building a whole city and all the physics engine and software is done.  They just need to keep creating more things to do within it.

I don't like that idea at all.

Keep paying more and more money?

Paying more money = icon13.gif

Its pretty stupid actually. why would you want to do that when

you could just buy the whole game outright.

Well in all fairness, the previous Stories games were only $20. I would like to see a SA Stories if they could still manage to fit the map on. Or even if it just skipped the PSP and just went straight to PS3/Xbox360. I liked the Stories games. maybe it could focus on Sweet, shortly after Brian died and CJ went to Liberty? And as far as talking about this in the IV section, there is not SA Stories section, so I guess this is as good as any.

If that were to make one, as a download for the PS3/360, i would want to play as WOOZIE!!! Maybe they could show how he became blind. Or maybe not. I just want to play as Woozie!

the stories games were great. I dunno, I can't even enjoy gta3 after playing LCS.... LCS just has so much better of a story and character development and a protagonist that talks and has a personality. VC vs VCS... is tough I think Tommy was a much better character than Vic, but the story and missions in VCS were way better than VC... VC was just too f*cking goofy and silly with the love fist and voodoo bitch and avery and his toy helicopters and all that sh*t.

Johnny Burbank

I think they should re-release all three GTAs for the PS3 and 360 that take advantage of the hardware and eliminate draw distances and speed up the FPS. Or maybe release a San Andreas Stories for these systems that does that. I just would like to play San Andreas with excellent draw distance and smoother framerate. The game still has legs, and this would be a good way to extend the life of the series.

Exkabewbikadid

It's been brought up many, many times prompting the creation of this thread. Also this isn't related to IV discussion.

oQywcQM.jpg