College

Ronnyboy

What is college truely like? I mean I have seen movies of it, but I dont belive those. Can someone tell me what it is/was like? None of this bullsh*t, "You get to drink and f*ck for 40,000$!"

Everyone drives either Deloreans or KITT replicas.

Be serious man! But seeing as your a smartass, enlighten me on your college times, is that how you got herpes?

Be serious man! But seeing as your a smartass, enlighten me on your college times, is that how you got herpes?

Never been, don't have herpes. Thanks for playing!

user posted image

unban asmo.

Wow, you're an absolute riot. Seriously, you're not funny, don't even try.

kdr9l4.png

God damn this spam sh*t, can someone enlighten me about f*cking college!

man too true. one just went pass. sh*t was that marty mcfly!

God, hit puberty please and learn some social skills.

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus

What is college truely like? I mean I have seen movies of it, but I dont belive those. Can someone tell me what it is/was like? None of this bullsh*t, "You get to drink and f*ck for 40,000$!"

For art majors:

Like, one day you're sitting around, smoking ganja while reading On The Road by Jack Kerouac, and then you suddenly take some acid and dance around in circles for a few hours. Totally! And while you're doing that sh*t, man, everyone around you is trying to oppress you, and your dad calls to yell at you about wasting money. You say, "Man, what good is money? Money is the root of all evil, so I'd appreciate if you go talk about money with all your sad, bourgeois friends, and leave me alone, all right?" and you hang up. Anyways, you gradually become friends with all the baristas at Starbucks, and you frequently go in there to complain about consumerism with all the smart artistic-types. Then you drink coffee and talk about Nietzsche, while smoking hookah and playing the bongos.

Edit: right?

Edited by Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus

BRUTUS WUZ HERE. LOLZ.

(Heroic reference. Not related to GTAF member by same name, g'dammit.)

tommy vs. claude

Marty Mcfly was my professor.

Marty Mcfly was my professor.

user posted image

college is easy as hell.

no seriously, Im in my third year and classes are a breeze. They do take responsibility and work to get through them, but personally I don't find any large challege to it. In fact I have a final tomorrow that I have no clue what it's on, will be craming for it shortly I think...

You meet a lot of cool people, get to do whatever you really want, and it's overall a way better experience than highschool. You don't have the 'clicks' or 'groups' that everyone has to be in like in highschool, and it's a great time to be able to express the real you and be accepted for it and not just by some small group who shares your similar interest.

The only down side is the responsibility. I love having it, don't get me wrong there. But sometimes I'd LOVE to just be able to go back and be a care free highschooler on the prowl again. Oh well, being able to pick my own courses and wake up at 12 to go to 2 quick classes and then calling it a day, and then having friday off makes it more than worth it.

oh yeah, don't forget about the sex. Miles and miles worth of un-protected, tight vagina, young wet and horny sex. Mmmmmmm.... inlove.gif

sig.gif

Social: TOGA62

PS3: balltowellamp

lol, wrong!!!.

Basecially college is nothing but reading... reading... reading... and more reading.

Check out some of this idiot's topics in vehicle chat, Ben. wink.gif

user posted image

unban asmo.

I'd imagine there's pens, and pencils, liquid paper, desks, grass, cement, rape, and people in clothing walking around holding in farts with contorted looks on their faces. I guess I'll find out myself next year.

user posted image

I just got done with my first semester and well....I think the movies arent really too far off. You go to class for a couple hours every day and then do whatever you want. There are parties every night - no exceptions. If you do go to a party there is free alcohol and a lot of ass and its a great time. BUT you do have to actually try in your classes, unlike high school.

One of the main reasons I like college is there arent any dumb rebellious kids. No one is there who doesnt want to be there. Its nice to go to school where you dont have to deal with wiggers.

The attitude of students vs. teachers is not there in college. If you dont want to go to class or do any work the teacher will not care at all - but you will fail.

Basically college is better than HS in every way possible.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

It is a place to further what you already are. For many this is a problem. Some people need to figure out something whether it be themselves or something else in or of the world around them.

Generally, you can benefit by growing and developing yourself in the areas you and your chosen field make available or you can grow stagnant and closed off inside and out but the beauty is the same as the horror on one particular issue. The issue is that it is entirely up to you what you are going to do with the oppurtunities made available by a college whether it be a university or a community college is besides the point because that issue is still the same regardless of where you are. College is a place to discover the importance of this one issue and is filled with means of supporting what ever decision you make.

Regards, HGF

It's also a place to get f*cked up on LSD and pass out in the mens room stall. At least from the erowid stories I've read.

user posted image

It's also a place to get f*cked up on LSD and pass out in the mens room stall. At least from the erowid stories I've read.

sh*t some classes I couldn't go to unless trashed off my ass high. It's simply how it's done. Nothing better than waking and baking and heading to campus knowing no one will notice and those who do will not care. tounge.gif

sig.gif

Social: TOGA62

PS3: balltowellamp

As long as I can wear my Slayer and Soundgarden shirts without teachers talking sh*t to me, it should be a blast.

user posted image

LOL, never mix acid and the bathroom unless if you want to be in there for the next 12 hours.

College is reading, studying, tests, and sluts all together. Just do your work and study and you'll do good. I hate how teachers made it seem in High School but now that I go, I'm like, I own at this. Digi should have some fun college stories. I just started this quarter.

Well I'm finishing my first semester, and it's been pretty fun. Pretty much what Toga said. Also, roommates, who can be total dickwads at times.

Overall it's way more fun than high school. The chicks are hot too, but I'm focusing more on studying atm.

Oh and lots of parties stereotype = totally true, so yeah it rocks.

user posted image

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

As long as I can wear my Slayer and Soundgarden shirts without teachers talking sh*t to me, it should be a blast.

You have never learned to properly fear dirty and mildewed tile until a friday night in a college areas public bathroom on LSD.

I have never passed out in a place like that but I have been in very unfamilair places in my own house and other places I frequent......although I don't count catatonia as passing out, it is damn close.

Hmmm......I am not sure I have ever passed out when in that condition but I can say that reading Cool Air by H.P. Lovecraft in a large heavily air conditioned University Library after dark while under the influence of LSD is a experience that leaves a shudder in your body for quite awhile.....Learning to read while in that state is interensting/difficult enough and being good at it is freaky.

Don't look for the drugs....they will find you and then you must decide what you want and what you desire to abstain from.

To me, it seems it's the place where some of those who never experienced "life" in their younger years voluntarily or otherwise, get to "be free." Those who never had the nerve to try drugs earlier, never got the chance to have sex, or really live outside their sheltered, comfort-zone finally get to take the wheel and drive, sometimes resulting in ironic over-indulgence and general stupidity. Sometimes gaining a sense of pseudo-maturity or worldliness, a sense of bravado or wisdom; these people are usually as sheltered as they've always been. "Mom, can you help me with this financial aid thing?"

To me, it seems it's the place where some of those who never experienced "life" in their younger years voluntarily or otherwise, get to "be free." Those who never had the nerve to try drugs earlier, never got the chance to have sex, or really live outside their sheltered, comfort-zone finally get to take the wheel and drive, sometimes resulting in ironic over-indulgence and general stupidity. Sometimes gaining a sense of pseudo-maturity or worldliness, a sense of bravado or wisdom; these people are usually as sheltered as they've always been. "Mom, can you help me with this financial aid thing?"

lol mallon

College for me pretty much consists of either browsing the web on my phone while the prof yaps at the class, or sleeping while the prof yaps at the class. sleepy.gif

Seeing all of these posts makes me wish I was in res, at a different school. The university that I go to is mainly just a commuter campus, nothing really ever happens other than class. Also, it has to be one of the most depressing campuses ever, everything is concrete, that plus the weather equals crushing greyness. Not to mention the fact that the campus is on the top of a mountain/hill, so it's usually ~2 degrees colder with the weather sometimes being completely different than anywhere down the hill.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.