I have nothing to lose, i dont enjoy life

J3zz

Hello,

I have some very serious social problems, and i am in therapy but i dont find it helping or whatever. Well, my life is basically isolated, i have agoraphobia which means when i get in a crowded area i freak out. I am ashamed telling this. Everytime when i tell this i think people think im just making a drama confused.gif.

So, i go to school, which is the limit i can handle, and pretty much the only public place i go to, well i still go to birthdays and stuff but thats it. I hardly enjoyed life really, and the last few weeks i just feel down. I have medicine, which gets me through the schooldays, which everyday is again a struggle. I dont want to live like this.

Well i think i am a bit down(ye with my lifestyle i dont find that very weird confused.gif ), not depressed or anything, but today i realised, i have nothing to loose. Therapy isnt helping for me, and i often have suicidal thoughts, but never to the point that i actually made an attempt, but this might change. If someone would be in my position, have nothing to lose really, only my family, you wouldnt want to live like this right? I just want to find a way out, and the only way out is to end my current live, but i dont yet have the courage to do this. I do have a great family, but thats basically the only thing i really care about.

So i guess this is a last cry for help, i know this may be weird, but i just dont know what to do anymore...

Edited by J3zz

Don't do it. Think of those you'll be leaving behind. Think of the pain your death would cause. Stick with the therapy.

One, suicide is a deadly sin, hell for that. And why would you do this to your parents and any friends you may have? Get up a hobby, buy a game, whatever. If these suicidal thougts are because you hate school, just f*cking ignore them, they're twatsacks. If you can't handle public places, try going to little group meeting or parties, which get incrimentally larger over time. That way, you can ease into society and meet new friends.

Oh, and ending your life won't change anything. It won't help, so don't do that either. Go watch some movies or something, kid. Chin up.

If your life is crappy make it better take some risks

dont do suicide think about your family and friends.

as montey python says:

"always look on the bright side of life moto_whistle.gif "

even better watch a couple of montey python movies they could even make you feel better.

just dont do suicide

As I have said in many other "suicide" threads: Please go talk to a person in your life such as a parent or relative. Doing this on an internet forum will not help you one iota.

So just go talk to your parents or a friend, talking about your problem with someone you trust will make you fell a whole lot better and put you on the road to recovery. icon14.gif

Edit: @manofpeace: Don't bring in all that religous crap about suicide being a deadly sin as you put it, that really doesn't deter people.

Edited by Nixon

Keep your thoughts away from those kind of things. Look at the positives rather than the negatives. It might seem "tough" now, but everything changes.

Just because you have nothing to lose, doesn't mean you should kill yourself. Go find something you have to "lose". Get a girlfriend, find a job, or a hobby, or something. Make something out of yourself.

The Unvirginiser

Why dont you do soemthing usefull? Help other people.. go abroad.. go help endangered animals.. climb everest.. sail around the world

Well, my life is basically isolated, i have agoraphobia which means when i get in a crowded area i freak out. I am ashamed telling this. Everytime when i tell this i think people think im just making a drama confused.gif.

As much as I hate to correct you in such a dramatic thread, you're thinking of claustrophobia, the fear of small, tight spaces or crowded areas. Agoraphobia is the exact opposite.

Secondly, I don't think an internet forum is the best place to come to for help with this. Suicide is bad, but I doubt anyone will be able to help you here.

yea man you should definetly find a new hoby, or find a social group meeting relating to problems you have. Or get high J/k. You just need to to realize that the cowards way out doesn't solve anything at all. You'll never know what you could have done to live past the struggle. So you gotta keep your head up.

Well, thats not gonna help man. Why i am living, i have no goal, nothing to lose, an isolated life, and i dont like myself. I know suicide would be the easy way out, but at this moment my life is such a mess that i really am thinking about this a lot...

Edited by J3zz

Digïtál £vîl
I have some very serious social problems, and i am in therapy but i dont find it helping or whatever. Well, my life is basically isolated, i have agoraphobia which means when i get in a crowded area i freak out. I am ashamed telling this. Everytime when i tell this i think people think im just making a drama confused.gif.

There is nothing wrong with that. I work with a woman who has that due to taking medication for a major heart problem. She can't stay in a crowded area for long because she gets panic attacks and such. So every few minutes she gets up and walks around, goes outside, or uses the restroom. Honestly, I didn't know she had it until this last week at an office holiday party. We had all gone to a restaurant and she kept getting up and such. I asked her about it, to see if she was ok, not because I was weirded out, and she explained it openly and forward. She seemed a little embarrassed about it, but it makes perfect sense. Some people are like that and need help. It is not something to be embarrassed about.

Honestly, if you come forward and explain your situation to people, and they are not understanding of it and look at you "weird", it isn't you who has a problem, it is them because they can't be accepting. And if that is the case, they are probably people you don't want to hang out with anyways.

As for having nothing to lose, you should try looking at it in another light. If you have nothing to lose, then nothing can be taken away and nothing should keep you from working hard from this point on to better your lifestyle and better yourself. I'm sure some of the problems you have are only agitated and exaggerated because of your age. I am assuming since you still live at home and go to school you are in those "wonderful" teenage years. This can often bring extra weight and problems upon already bothered people. It doesn't mean it will last forever. Hormones and chemical balance shifts will cause you to feel differently than you may regularly used to, which is one reason why you may be taking the medication.

Don't give up now, so early in life. From the sound of it you have things to look forward to and are loved by an excellent family. That is something you should always be thankful for and you should consider how much it will hurt them if anything were to happen to you. If being social is not something you feel you are good at, don't push yourself to be. Work hard on a project or subject you love. Find a hobby to do (from paintballing, to RC airplanes, to just drawing). I know that peer companionship is something most people find important in their life, but it is never said specifically that peers have to be your age. I've always gotten along much better with older people just because of the level of maturity they have over other people my age and a great place to meet people like that is in college and work.

If you are only in high school, work hard and get good grades. Go to a college (not a junior college) outside of your area and "start over" with new friends at a new school. The most important thing for you to remember is that life is really only about perception. How you perceive others and how they perceive you. But that doesn't mean you are not in control of any of that. I work with people almost everyday at my college who have much more difficult disabilities than you do but who are some of the coolest people because of how they treat themselves and others. They don't let those disabilities hinder them anymore than the minimum and they don't let it affect how they want to be perceived. If you want to be seen a certain way, it is very possible to do so and all you need to do is take control of that and be confident in who you are. Almost everyone has their own problems, their own secrets, and their own side that they don't want to show to the world. Remembering that is key in understanding that no matter who they are, there is little reason for you to have to compare yourself to them in a negative way.

Just keep going man. Trust me when I say that it gets better down the line and it would be a great disappointment for you and others if you don't wish to continue on to there. Remember that you have a family who cares for and loves you (something some people in worse situations don't have and could only wish for) and know that you are strong enough to make it through this difficult and confusing time. Go out there and prove any doubters wrong (whether they are real or just in your head). Be yourself but work hard and you will find that no matter what difficulties you face or what handicaps you may have, people will respect you for your hard work and will enjoy your company because you are being you.

Goodluck.

Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus

Hello,

So, i go to school, which is the limit i can handle, and pretty much the only public place i go to, well i still go to birthdays and stuff but thats it. I hardly enjoyed life really, and the last few weeks i just feel down. I have medicine, which gets me through the schooldays, which everyday is again a struggle. I dont want to live like this.

Well i think i am a bit down(ye with my lifestyle i dont find that very weird confused.gif ), not depressed or anything, but today i realised, i have nothing to loose. Therapy isnt helping for me, and i often have suicidal thoughts, but never to the point that i actually made an attempt, but this might change. If someone would be in my position, have nothing to lose really, only my family, you wouldnt want to live like this right? I just want to find a way out, and the only way out is to end my current live, but i dont yet have the courage to do this. I do have a great family, but thats basically the only thing i really care about.

So i guess this is a last cry for help, i know this may be weird, but i just dont know what to do anymore...

Surround yourself with new people and try to build a more useful persona. This has helped me to forget some of my phobias.

Stop taking medicines that affect your brain. Those repress elements of your personality, and I'd be willing to bet they're making you suicidal right now.

Go right now and take a cold shower. This will make you feel refreshed, renewed and temporarily happy. It won't cure your depression, but it will help you to forget your temporary problems for a while, and it isn't harmful.

That's all I can offer. You just have to realize that you really don't have it that bad, and that there are things you can do to make yourself feel better. Also, you have to realize that I am not a doctor. Talking about your problems is important. Action can help you out of this, but only your actions, not someone else's.

Good luck,

BRUTUS WUZ HERE. LOLZ.

(Heroic reference. Not related to GTAF member by same name, g'dammit.)

I used to be like you, isolated, quiet, shy, always attempting to avoid conversation, but since I've been in high school I've changed vastly. I've become much more vocal, though I still have a slight fear of starting conversations, I always try to be funny and obnoxious, and it's worked wonders.

Try a sport, even if you are completely unathletic, I've made dozens of friends playing basketball daily, if your not good, you'll get better, you'll get healthier, and become considerably more social.

Suicide is for losers.

Unless you get stuck halfway in the wall. I mean...I do have a point right?

fV9tG4b.gif

Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus

If I were like you, I'd go on a bank robbing spree and kill myself when the police caught me.

Go out with a bang!

Of course, that's only if I was bent on killing myself. There's still hope for you.

BRUTUS WUZ HERE. LOLZ.

(Heroic reference. Not related to GTAF member by same name, g'dammit.)

I actually had suicidal thoughts a few years ago. I seriously considered suicide. But then i thought to myself, should i end everything, or should i live on and fight against it?

Life does have a meaning, even in the worst states. It would be foolish to commit suicide purely because you havent found this yet. However impossible it may seem, it will turn out right at some point. You cant see out of this, its obvious, thats why your considering suicide. What if it changes? What if everything could have changed half a year later, but you make suicide?

See what i mean? You can not forsee the future. No one can. And the current state makes you think that it will never ever change. It will. You have to do something for it to change.

Its so easy to be affraid. So easy to surrender. So easy to give up.

jqmqKlq.gif

start smokin marijuana. And start drawing. find a way to dispel the negative energy.

Dont go around tonight, Well, it's bound to take your life, There's a bad moon on the rise.

Taste Of Chaos

Dude, I wouldnt.

I understand what you are going through, a mate of mine had the same thing so i'll tell you what I told him.

No fate is worse thatn death, Live for the future, you dont want to become just another statistic, be a survivor and you will have something to share for years to come, hell it might even change the way you live.

Just think of looking back in a few years and thinking..."f*ck yes, I made it through."

Hope this helps dude!

Best of luck.

Opportunity knocks once in a lifetime, temptation will lean on the doorbell.

Hello,

Way I see it were all f*cked up in one way or another.

As far as suicide goes, I think Bon Jovi said it best...

"You live for the fight when its all that you got." smile.gif

user posted image

Hey man, it sucks for me to read this but it must suck for you even more to write it. Anyway, as some of the guys on the board know, my girlfriend committed suicide seven and a half weeks ago, and I can honestly tell you that it will ruin the lives of everyone who cares about you. You don't seem like a mean guy so I don't think you'd want to do that to them, so remember before you make any decisions that you know you will cause them terrible pain if you do that. And you can avoid it for them by just hanging around! smile.gif

The guy who said talking about it online probably isn't best was right. If I were you and things are this bad, tell your parents. Like you said, what have you got to lose? A lot of people think parents would be upset about this or whatever, but trust me they'd be happier you told them than if you didn't. MUCH happier.

I'm not sure how old you are, but you have a lot ahead of you and how you feel is going to change a lot as time goes on. If this is the worst, then you can rest assured that you've dealt with the worst and you only have the best to come.

Also, a really very useful tool is the suicide hotline. Just some stranger who is trained to say the right thing waiting for you to call. And then you can say whatever you want, and they'll be there for you for as long as you want. And nobody ever finds out that you called or anything.

I guess the point is, you have a lot of options man. One is really bad for you and really bad for everyone around you. Other ones are all about hope. You'll be ok man, don't sweat it icon14.gif

Ever consider that you might just be anxious?

You've came to the number 1 place for help my freind as I have been strugling with anxiety for my whole life, and I to have had suicidal thoughts. Let me tell you soething though, the only thing thats making you even comprehend suicide is your mind. It's trying to play tricks on you man. You gotta nip it hard in the ass and go on with your life. My advice is to go see a therapist, and take walks every night to keep you in shape, and healthy. Eating is also a big factor in anxiety to. If you don't eat right, you tend to get more anxious by the minute.

I have top of the line help, and am fully in control of my emotions/anxiety now, and just realize suicide as a dumb thought I had just faced a couple of weeks ago.

guilty.by.association

I've been in your position buddy, i managed to get my way out of it icon14.gif

Suicide won't take you to a better place, i don't know what happens after death, but suicide is a sin and you won't be going anywhere pretty.

Suicide hurts all your loved ones and it's a selfish act. You may not enjoy life but you may do soon. You're young, you have a whole life in front of you, throwing it away just wastes your mother's 9 months of hell. You were put on this earth for a reason, that reason was not to end your life. Brave through your troubles, good will come of it. Trust me, it did for me.

My life is still sh*t but i find happiness in certain things smile.gif

Keep a positive frame of mind. Find things that make you happy, Gta, Music, whatever it is. When i'm down i listen to music or go on killing sprees on GTA.

You'll be okay just keep going alright?

We'd hate to lose another forumer sad.gif

- g.b.a

no offence g.b.a but what hasn't happened to you?

anyway don't listen to people saying this is a sin, it's only a sin if your catholic.

not that im advising it, it's definetly a cowards way out.

why don't you join the army?

your life will have a purpose then?

well im not too good at giving out advice but just dont do it man.

I panic when I'm in ships. The feel is similar to agoraphobia icon14.gif

Don't kill yourself, you know. Things will get better, even if you don't think they will. Try to go to an open park and just sit there for some time, in the sun. It feels good...

Do a flip!

Hey, Futurama references are awesome.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Do a flip!

Hey, Futurama references are awesome.

Agreed.

And please don't walk on the grass...

This is the third depressing thread I have been on in a row.

I think that there is something wrong with me or something......my hand is trembling and I am considering running through this freezing weather naked......Oh, wait it's just tuesday.

The holidays are like this SOOOooooo.....Merry F*cking Christmas and pass the f*cking Eggnog. You did put the RUM in didn't you? OK, please realize we love you and want the best for you so please lighten up and just enjoy life in the moment or pick up a small vice or something to make it easier to enjoy yourself.

Go to church or the library or out with someone you haven't seen in a while.......Find something creative and productive to do. Art or reading or something. This is why so many people have hobbies you realize.

First off I wanna say an internet forum is not the best place to go seeking advice on suicide, seek help from family and friends.

With that in mind, I still have something to say. I once contemplated suicide, sometimes I still do, once I even tried to do it. I just remember one thing my mother said to me: "Suicide is for the selfish.". Your life isn't your own life. It isn't completely yours. Your mother birthed you. Someone had to teach you to ride a bike. All your teachers taught you to somehow make some benefit or yourself, to be someone. Your friends give you guidance and advice. Your parents feed, cloth, and support you. For that, you owe them something. The least you can do is live to make the decisions they made for you the least bit worth it.

You don't think others possibly have it worse? There are people in all corners of the globe right now starving to death, no electricity, with flies buzzing around in their faces. You get to go to therapy, they don't even have money to go eat. That's not saying you don't have real bad personal problems, I'm just putting it in perspective.

My last bits of advice:

1. Go seek professional help, tell others about your suicidal thoughts.

2. Whatever the hell you do, do not listen to The Cure, emo rock, or the Notorious B.I.G.'s Ready To Die Album, and especially don't listen to Suicidal Thoughts on that album. It will not help, trust me on this one.

3. I have to be harsh on this one: Do not puss out. Chin up. Life is gonna get better. Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Good luck and God bless.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.