Burglary missions

Ring_of_Fire

This probably been known, but if you crouch - you can move faster than when you walk and you still have less chance of being detected!

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

True, but if you hit a wall, door, etc. while crouching, you will make a lot of noise because of how fast you can move when crouching.

Yeah, this does not work if you are holding an item. However, if you keep walking while constantly tapping on the [ALT] / [WALK] button, you move faster that way as well. biggrin.gif

Sometimes the items are so near that you might as well RUN instead. If there are people inside already and are not sleeping, kill them off and then exit and re-enter the building.

I just realized that you can break into the SAME houses all over again without having to go to new ones. How dumb is that? But very helpful indeed to end the mission quickly!

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

This probably been known, but if you crouch - you can move faster than when you walk and you still have less chance of being detected!

For crying out loud..you're told that in the mission "Home Invasion".

Anybody notice that when you're equipped with

"certain" weapons you move faster carrying

crates than if you're equipped with say..the

pistol?...I always now use the sniper rifle

(equipped) when I do "Home Invasion" cos he

can "sneak" half again as fast.

For crying out loud..you're told that in the mission "Home Invasion".

That mission didn't tell you anything about crouching in the house! It told you only to sneak in the house. I even watched Youtube videos of it for the PC version of San Andreas and the black message box didn't say anything about crouching - so where you got that piece of info from?

You know..when I did that mission..the first crate I took was from the kitchen on the right when you go in the house..and I really think the message came up AFTER the "your making too much noise, you have to sneak" that you could hit L3 to "crouch and sneak". It's been a while since I did this mission but I know I've seen that message somewhere.

You know..when I did that mission..the first crate I took was from the kitchen on the right when you go in the house..and I really think the message came up AFTER the "your making too much noise, you have to sneak" that you could hit L3 to "crouch and sneak". It's been a while since I did this mission but I know I've seen that message somewhere.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v0hcHQT4lEM

Isn't this what you are looking for to refresh your memories? Tell me where it mentioned "crouch", and tell me even when "GTAmissions" did so.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=v0hcHQT4lEM

Isn't this what you are looking for to refresh your memories? Tell me where it mentioned "crouch", and tell me even when "GTAmissions" did so.

I saw the video..did HE go into the kitchen at the right? And what version or console was THIS mission done on?

Let me know if you find a way to carry the stolen items faster, I'm always looking for a way to shave a little time here and there. I've long since given up on sneaking during the Burglary side-mission, or bothering to kill the people inside. Get in, get out, stash the item, and repeat as quickly as possible; everything else is a distraction and waste of time. Keep in mind that I'm trying to finally break the $60k mark for largest swag; so far I'm stuck at $56k and change.

The most recent trick I picked up for saving a little time is to sprint directly at the item I'm after and to hit the lift button before CJ has a chance to slow down. Not only does this significantly reduce the time required to pick up the item, but it also reduces the chances that he'll wander back and forth a few times looking for the proper lifting angle.

I'm still looking for better locations to start the mission. Currently El Corona is top of my list due to the short yards and 2nd houses near by, and the interiors are nice and small. I keep thinking I'll find a good spot in San Fierro since many of the doors there have fixed locations, but so far I haven't found a house small enough, or with a reliable neighbor to reset the swag.

I did the Burglary missions near to the Johnson's house because the lockup is not far from there. I could have attempted it near to where the Boxville was orginally located in Los Santos.

This is what I did:

1. Park Boxville near to the house with the fences lined up to the doorway.

2. Get inside the house.

3. RUN and as soon as I am near to the item I want, I press the [F] key.

4. RUN to come out of the house before the cops show up.

5. Put item in Boxville.

7. Repeat this till all items are out of the house

8. Make my way to a next house.

9. COME OUT IMMEDIATELY! You might as well pick an item that's already inside though! biggrin.gif

10. Return to the previous house I was in (the one with the wooden fences lined up toward the doorway). More items should appear.

11. Repeat Steps 1-10.

Burglary mission done in no time! Allso, you don't have to get the items that are upstairs. Just concentrate on the 3 items that are at ground level. Some houses have a max of 3 items at ground level anyway.

So as for the crouching technique, it's useful for the "Home Invasion" mission, but not the Burglary missions as all you have to do repeatedly is RUN.

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

Keep in mind that I'm trying to finally break the $60k mark for largest swag; so far I'm stuck at $56k and change.

That's an awesome challenge, the highest I've ever got in a single run is $32,000.

I did the Burglary missions near to the Johnson's house because the lockup is not far from there. I could have attempted it near to where the Boxville was orginally located in Los Santos.

This is what I did:

1. Park Boxville near to the house with the fences lined up to the doorway.

2. Get inside the house.

3. RUN and as soon as I am near to the item I want, I press the [F] key.

4. RUN to come out of the house before the cops show up.

5. Put item in Boxville.

7. Repeat this till all items are out of the house

8. Make my way to a next house.

9. COME OUT IMMEDIATELY! You might as well pick an item that's already inside though! biggrin.gif

10. Return to the previous house I was in (the one with the wooden fences lined up toward the doorway). More items should appear.

11. Repeat Steps 1-10.

Burglary mission done in no time! Allso, you don't have to get the items that are upstairs. Just concentrate on the 3 items that are at ground level. Some houses have a max of 3 items at ground level anyway.

So as for the crouching technique, it's useful for the "Home Invasion" mission, but not the Burglary missions as all you have to do repeatedly is RUN.

It will also help if you can find a house with more than two items in it. The ones I rob usually just have a TV and VCR

I think it probably also helps to do the robberies not too far away from the garage where you take the loot. I usually keep robbing right up to about the 30 second mark. Then quickly leap into the van and dash back to the garage

I'll try your step #3. I do sometimes see him dithering near what I want him to pick up

Steve

It will also help if you can find a house with more than two items in it. The ones I rob usually just have a TV and VCR

Don't you check in the kitchen?

Struff Bunstridge

I've looked in kitchens a couple of times, never found anything. What sort of stuff can you steal there?

I've looked in kitchens a couple of times, never found anything. What sort of stuff can you steal there?

The kitchens I've gone into usually have a microwave, a radio and sometimes another television..easy pickings. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

Hiya

I've recently tried doing burglaries in San Fierro, and I find the best place for it is the Ocean Flats, houses fairly big, about 6-7 items in each one...

HTH

Julia

Hiya

I've recently tried doing burglaries in San Fierro, and I find the best place for it is the Ocean Flats, houses fairly big, about 6-7 items in each one...

HTH

Julia

This won't really matter when there is already a way to duplicate items in the same house. Plus, we only want to concentrate on the items that are on ground level, and the ones that are closest to the door. This is the reason why the Grove Street houses are the best for doing burglaries! There could be other houses elsewhere that have the same layout, though. But you should also hope that it's close to the lockup.