New Saints Row 2 Preview, dare I say looks awesome

DeeperRed

Saints Row 2 Gameplay Preview

Ive reed through quite afew times and its looks awesome, it may be like GTA but just because its a urban sandbox game doesn't mean its ripping GTA.

The flying through buildings looks fun. As does the Co-Op.

I will buy both and if GTA IV is ultra realistic then this coul be a good breather inbetween session

What are your thoughts

EDIT: I know there was another but it got locked becasue the person who wrote it was a prat and the responces where childish

user posted image

i liked the first saints row.so i would buy the second.like you said it would be a change when you get littel tired of playing gta.

i just bought the first one... i'm getting a 360 for christmas, so i haven't actually gotten to really play it yet, other than one time a few months ago at a friends house. Assuming I like the first one I'll probably be interested in this, I tend to like sandbox games in general. That said, i feel like GTA will always be king (no where near as impressed by this as i am by what i've seen of gtaiv), but that doesn't mean that this can't be a fun game.

It shouldn't go in gaming chat because its a disscusion to compare.

I won't ever say "ZOMG TIZ DIZ GONA BEATZ GTA" or vice versa. There gonna end up to completely diffrent games, but Saints Row 2 looks more of a fun game, I mean brainless fun whereas GTA IV has got the realism and the griity story to follow. I am preety sure both games wil be awesome. tounge2.gif

user posted image

There's just something that I hate about this game.. like its primary demographic is 13-year-old wiggers and chavs. OH COOL LOOK GANGS ARE RACIALLY DIVERSE. I mean, the game has no f*cking spirit to it.. and the gangs and settings are just stupid and childish and way too unrealistic.

At least Rockstar knows how to capture the spirit, the world of crime, in a mature way, add some great humor, 80s, have an actual MEANING to the whole atmosphere, not just some bland sh*t, and make great graphics (not "SHINY" but goddammit when I hadn't seen GTA IV's first shots I was worried it might become like SR with pretty ugly and plasticy graphics.. but R* had a nice surprise coming <3).

Saints Row 2 Gameplay Preview

Ive reed through quite afew times and its looks awesome, it may be like GTA but just because its a urban sandbox game doesn't mean its ripping GTA.

The flying through buildings looks fun. As does the Co-Op.

I will buy both and if GTA IV is ultra realistic then this coul be a good breather inbetween session

What are your thoughts

EDIT: I know there was another but it got locked becasue the person who wrote it was a prat and the responces where childish

Group Icon

Group: Members

A fresh new user talking about SR2 in GTAnet. The little fan inside me get hurted a bit...

There's just something that I hate about this game.. like its primary demographic is 13-year-old wiggers and chavs. OH COOL LOOK GANGS ARE RACIALLY DIVERSE. I mean, the game has no f*cking spirit to it.. and the gangs and settings are just stupid and childish and way too unrealistic.

At least Rockstar knows how to capture the spirit, the world of crime, in a mature way, add some great humor, 80s, have an actual MEANING to the whole atmosphere, not just some bland sh*t, and make great graphics (not "SHINY" but goddammit when I hadn't seen GTA IV's first shots I was worried it might become like SR with pretty ugly and plasticy graphics.. but R* had a nice surprise coming <3).

I think thats the wrong attadide towards Saints Row, yea it my be generic but Saints Row One was damn good old fashion fun. The shoot outs in Saints Row where very well done, Music blasting out with you crouching behind the door as police surronded you.

To Porkeedeeo:

I have just created a disscussion because there is big diffrences between the two games though both share a similar (if not ripped) concept and I just wanted to see what GTA fans think, I am a super Fan of GTA, Ive got them all on all systems. I just thought a dissucssion comparing the two might be fun and ingaging

Edited by DeeperRed

user posted image

yepp!

hehe... yeah i will say that it feels like if MTV made a Grand Theft Auto game. As far as the gangs being racially diverse... it may seem overly politically correct and not super realistic, but I think they did that because the player customizes his own character and to keep everyone feeling included and happy. I personally don't think it's a bad idea. I mean nowadays there are white and latin guys in the crips and there's white dudes in latin kings and mexican mafia... so it's not super off; but the way they did it seems like an after school special with one character of every possible minority, which is pretty corny. That said... the overall corny feel is why it will probably always fall in the realm of true crime and the getaway, a second rate GTA to pick up used/platinum hit when your bored and need something to play with.

Competition ?

That´s the funny thing with all other sanbox games,the are all compared to GTA.

GTA is King,The rest are queers,oh I meant queens

BTW-Why does everyone in SR walk like they´ve sh*tten their pants,and shoot like they´ve broken their arms ?

rahkstar2.gif

Rockstar knows the way to capture crime?

Gangsters breaking into Area 51 to steal a jetpack, then himself, a blind guy (there was a blind guy right?) a stoner, and a bunch of other useless guys break into a bank.. Yeh, they're really on top of crime..

Vice City was basically one giant rip off of Scarface..

People give GTA way too much credit, they're great games, but they are not flawless and are in no way near capturing the feeling of real crime.. The closest they got was GTA III.

Saints Row was a fun game that more than lived up to being called a GTA clone. It did a LOT of things right and most of them are things that GTA always needed. Fair enough, the story or characters cannot hold a candle to GTA, but since it was the first 'real' next gen GTA 'clone', it deserves constructive reviews, not just whiny little fanboys bitching about it because it did some things better than their precious GTA. (Let's be honest, most of the people that bitch like that are too young to be playing the GTA games anyway).

GTA may still be the best sandbox game, but SR is definitely a game that will not dissapoint whilst we wait for IV. As for SR2, well it doesn't stand much of a chance with IV coming out before it (hopefully before it).

Edited by Symbiote666

Ok, let me get one thing staright

GTA VC is my favorite game of all time (I Like it better the SA because I feel its got nore spirit) and I am sure GTA IV willbe my new favorite all I am saying is this looks fun. I mean flying a plane through a buliding a nailing some gangsters is major unrealism but is sounds fun. There is no such thing as "The King Game" because it was the original. Thats like saying the Greeks where "The King of theater".

GTA IV is going to be better obviously but this looks fun, I just want to dissuss the diffreances.

user posted image

Everyone does realize that we are talking about a game that we've all played on a next gen console vs. a game that we still play on current gen because we just can't freakin wait for the NEW DAMN INSTALLMENT!!! Excuse me for shouting, mm mmm (clearing throat). All I have to say about this topic is, you just wait until you play GTA.......IV.

P.S. How often did you turn off Mass Effect because you got bored. Imagine GTAIV!!!

GTA VC is my favorite game of all time (I Like it better the SA because I feel its got nore spirit) and I am sure GTA IV willbe my new favorite all I am saying is this looks fun. I mean flying a plane through a buliding a nailing some gangsters is major unrealism but is sounds fun. There is no such thing as "The King Game" because it was the original. Thats like saying the Greeks where "The King of theater".

GTA IV is going to be better obviously but this looks fun, I just want to dissuss the diffreances.

My general theory is that the SR series (if there will be more games after SR2) will continue that 'free for all' spirit of GTA. I see SR2 being the 'next' gen version of San Andreas as far as features go, with total, unrealistic freedom to do whatever the hell you like.

Yer this game does look really amazing. Helicopters, Boats, Jet skis, Planes, Motorbikes. I loved the first one, had some really great features in it. I think Saints Row 2 will have more fun factor than GTA IV, just my opinion though.

My general theory is that the SR series (if there will be more games after SR2) will continue that 'free for all' spirit of GTA. I see SR2 being the 'next' gen version of San Andreas as far as features go, with total, unrealistic freedom to do whatever the hell you like.

Thats exactly what I mean this will just contine the mindless stupidity that GTA is now leaving which I think is a good thang because 2 Good games is better then 1

user posted image

which i don't think is such a bad thing. While I'm personally more interested in the route R* is taking the GTA series in, it would be nice to have another sandbox series that was different enough to be interesting (by building on the more outlandish things from past GTAs that R* seem to be leaving behind).

To Porkeedeeo:

I have just created a disscussion because there is big diffrences between the two games though both share a similar (if not ripped) concept and I just wanted to see what GTA fans think, I am a super Fan of GTA, Ive got them all on all systems. I just thought a dissucssion comparing the two might be fun and ingaging

It's ok for me. Never played SR before, and I think i won't in future. So I don't care, probably because I'm a fan.

My civilized opinion about SR2 is that they're trying to offer a different kind of gameplay, pretty "letmecrasheverythingIsee". That's called marketing I assume, to get out the "clone trial", and to find out some profits between younger people.

If so, that means SR is not even trying to compete with GTA, which has a deeper social rappresentation (do you confirm? I'm speculating since I never played SR2), but decided to create its own audience. That's my comparison.

Btw, SR2 looks like a "lower" product to me, to make profits using GTA model. This magic needs the R* aura to work. It's like Pearl Jam and Creed. Ok, I think you got my feelings wink.gif

Porkeedeeo I can see where your coming from and I respect your thoughts but I don't think anyone should knock Saint Row one before they play it.

user posted image

is this what R* up against.

ill give you and example its like saints row 2 was a person with no legs running in the 400 metres next year in China.

It looks OK, and I did enjoy the first one, but if I'll get it/get any enjoyment out of it at all will depend on when it's released. If if gets released before IV, it'll keep me busy for a while, but if it's released after, I'll most likely wait getting it till it's very cheap, like I did with SR1.

cold fusion 33

The game looks pretty good and I wish I would be able to buy it... I've already maxed out my money for Xbox gear for a while with my parents... sad.gif .

It should be pretty good if it comes out before GTA IV I guess because if it was the other way round I would be used to IV's next-gen awesomeness and SR2 would seem pretty crap I expect...

Like I said before: GTA is unique and original. SR is soooo obviously ripping off everything they can from GTA. But still SR remains a bland copy of GTA, empty and with no spirit or emotions.

GTA is art!

Saints Row was the first game I brought for my Xbox at the time, and it had its good points and its bad as well. It was still something good to play, although having to build up your respect to carry on the levels did get annoying after awhile. I'll end up buying this at some point just to see what it's like. Plus it would keep me entertained whenever I get fed up with other games.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.