Just a warning

Gibmyster

Okay guys, i'm making this topic to warn you.

Don't Overestimate this game!

Really, some of your posts are down right ridiculous, and they won't happen. And some are saying they have "Extremely high" expectations for this game, don't overestimate it! I've done this before with multiple things, and when i played it, they felt like they were crap, but since i was so hung up on how good i though it was gonna be, i dind't appreciate how good the game actually was.

So just a warning, pleasedon't overestimate this game, or you may be very dissappointed and not like the game.

Whatever, but seriously, what some of you POST is down right ridiculous. Some of you want it to be the sims, when it's just a GTA game.

-please-understand-

I see what you mean and if people expect too much then the game wont seem so great. To be honest though it is a next gen game and the first gta one at that really so i think it's going to quite stunning compared to the past games. Then R* will start making a new one and we'll all start hoping for even more again biggrin.gif

Really, some of your posts are down right ridiculous, and they won't happen. And some are saying they have "Extremely high" expectations for this game, don't overestimate it! I've done this before with multiple things, and when i played it, they felt like they were crap, but since i was so hung up on how good i though it was gonna be, i dind't appreciate how good the game actually was.

So just a warning, pleasedon't overestimate this game, or you may be very dissappointed and not like the game.

I could tell you that a good percentage feel the same way but we dont make our own topics about it.

There are also similar threads setabout to help us in restraining our whims.

I think it's futile to plug the conjecture dike

just play SA heaps for a few days before IV come out and you will be blown away when you stick in IV for the first time.... i'm gonna do that... that way the changes stand out more...... lol.gif

I was thinking of posting something like this, but I realised that most mature people will understand that Rockstar can only do so much. Nothing will stop an immature person with high expectations from expecting the unlikely.

I find it funny when someone makes some outlandish claim or speculates on a clearly unlikely feature and they are backed up with:

"It's Euphoria man, it's like a little universe in the game"

"Next gen consoles, so everything is gonna be 2x as good!"

"They delayed the game to put in Vice City and San Andreas"

... or something just as silly.

Personally, I think it will be better than what we expect. Considering the delay, the hype went down, and I think we will be blown away, considering having not enough information, the delay, the storyline and what is hidden in it.

I actually find the game a lot more enjoyable to pick up and play if you don't expect a lot.

I was a lot younger and really got swept up in the hype for Vice City. I'd saved every screenshot, obsessively watched the videos and always scoured for new info. Not only did I expect too much, I knew everything about the game before it came out, even a lot of the plot.

This just ruined the experience (it's my own fault, I know). There was no suprise, no real adventure or sense of awe. I played Vice City a lot, still and it was real fun, but it was no where near as exciting as San Andreas, for me.

Because I was a bit disappointed with Vice City, I never really got all that worked up for San Andreas. I didn't know much about the game, just saw a thing or two in some magazines that came into work. When the game came out and my friends told me how good it was, I went and gave it a try.

It was so much better to discover the game, find each new feature and just be blown away by stuff I didn't expect. I never really looked up stuff online and the whole game was the same, a real treat.

there should be a rule against topics by people 'warning' everyone so that they will not be destroyed by disappointment if the game isn't perfect

You see what this delay is doing to people? It's making them go insane.

Seriously between the threads of Niko going to Uni, brushing his teeth, and sleeping I don't know what's worse.

Personally I think alot of people will be disappointed by GTA IV. I know it's going be great, but holy cow some people's ideas are out of this world.

Rockstar are keeping a lid on way more info then the last games just so people can be surprised when they play it....

You see what this delay is doing to people? It's making them go insane.

Seriously between the threads of Niko going to Uni, brushing his teeth, and sleeping I don't know what's worse.

Personally I think alot of people will be disappointed by GTA IV. I know it's going be great, but holy cow some people's ideas are out of this world.

When I started following IV, I checked this site about once a week.

Now, I find myself checking this site three times a day or more.

If I end up dissapointed, you can imagine I'd be pretty pissed.

And yet, it's the obsession of the fans that drives R* to keep making good games, isn't it?

Member created new account.

The most fun I had with hype stems from D(ave) C's parody or having the celebs like Tom Green and Farrah (or someone equally odd) playing VC and stating they play it all the time, when they find the time. I wish I had that on tape to this day, but all in all, my own most enjoyment stems from playing the games by myself. I reckon it will be the same with GTA4.

Getting the game's awareness is important but often it's the enthusiasm after it hits and people are raving word-of-mouth, now via Internet or phone

yeah it seems really anti-social but i cant see myself playing this in a crowd at all..... i think the delay has brought the worst out in me monocle.gif

no one is overestimating it everyhing on here is mostly speculation or peoples own ideas for the game

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png