Sell...Your...Wii...Now!

Jordan

I basically just rented a Wii for 13 months and then made a nice chunk of change as profit.

If you own a Wii, I suggest you do what I just did. Sell it now. There are 10 days until Christmas, and Wii's are almost impossible to find on store shelves. Parents are freaking out. I'm not talking about using eBay either. I just sold mine to someone within a few miles of me (hand-delivered) for a hefty amount more than I paid for it. Parents everywhere are searching for Wii systems.

Where did I list mine? Facebook Marketplace. Now don't laugh. I've sold the following on there:

TV: $150

360 Game: $40

PS2: $60

Wii: $405

Facebook Marketplace puts you in touch with people right in your area. It's a free service that I think looks much less clunky than eBay, and there aren't a billion Wii's on Facebook Marketplace as there are on eBay.

Within 12 hours of my posting last night, I had four people telling me that they will drive to me with the cash at that very moment or whenever I am available.

"BUT I DON'T WANT TO SELL MY WII! I LIKE IT!"

Buy another one within a month when Christmas demand goes down!

"THERE'S NO GUARANTEE THAT I CAN FIND ANOTHER ONE IN A MONTH!"

Doesn't the novelty of the Wii wear off on anyone other than me? I bought it 13 months ago and only played it the first 2-3. Anyway, I am encouraging you to do what I did.

"BUT I DON'T WANT TO SELL MY WII! I LIKE IT!"

I play Zelda and Super Mario Galaxy quite often...

Digïtál £vîl

"BUT I DON'T WANT TO SELL MY WII!  I LIKE IT!"

I'm mad wanting a Wii. Simply because of that Mario game. lol

My mum got a Wii awhile after they came out. And to be honest, I'm really thinking about selling it now, because I'd get twice maybe even triple as much now its nearly Christmas. My mum doesn't really play on it, and she could always get one sometime next year, haha. Shame I don't have the guts to do that kind of thing.

Sold it months ago, made a nice profit. You know what's funny is I remember some thread with you ranting and raving over it when you first got it. You even got some sort of case or bag didn't ya? Now just like most people you got sick of it and just sold it. Personally I just used the $$$ to buy some 360 games, a lot of 360 games.

user posted image

No kidding about them being so hard to get this time of the year. We're getting a good chunk of Wiis in the morning, and when I left work at about 7:30 pm, there were 6 people camping out. It's getting down to the lower 20s tonight. I know thats not as bad as other weather, but jeeeeez.

It's just funny how hard these people are trying to get wii's and not knowing the novelty will eventually wear off. The same people camping now are probably gonna be putting it up on eBay sometime next year.

user posted image

It's just funny how hard these people are trying to get wii's and not knowing the novelty will eventually wear off. The same people camping now are probably gonna be putting it up on eBay sometime next year.

Exactly. This is something that has happened to so many people I know. The novelty simply wears off. Many claim it doesn't wear off, but maybe it's an age thing...or a thing where people just want something more.

Heh by the way my cousin sold his Wii to his boss for $300 lol...

But I like playing with my Wii!

I actually received this tip from a co-worker and the wal mart here had 5

Wii's so I bought them all and toys r us had a deal buy a controller get a game

so I did that 5 times as well. He sold them on ebay that very same day and

I made $680 profit after slipping him $200 bucks... So yea, sell your Wii's.

Edited by sofa_king

user posted image

I tried selling mine to my aunt for 250, its normal asking price, but her dumb ass declined, and is sending relatives all over the f*cking state to wait outside stores at 5 AM. Ah well, to each their own.

Laz goes on ebay and submits an auction

user posted image

unban asmo.

I've been thinking about selling mine for awhile now. It was only fun for about two weeks. Come to think of it has Nintendo ever have a good game that didn't involve a man in a green skirt or a fat Italian plumber?

I would never even CONSIDER parting with any of my video game memorbilia. even for a profit. ive got a whole caseload of NES/SNES/GENESIS games sitting in the basement collecting dust for 5 years that i'll never get rid of. i waited 13 hours when i got my Wii on Nov. 19 2006, and I'll be damned if that ever leaves my household. why the hell would you do that, for an extra 100 bucks?

I've been thinking about selling mine for awhile now. It was only fun for about two weeks. Come to think of it has Nintendo ever have a good game that didn't involve a man in a green skirt or a fat Italian plumber?

Goldeneye. Donkey Kong. And I don't care what you say, Pokemon is a pretty fun f*cking game once you get past the fact that it's Pokemon.

user posted image

Goldeneye. Donkey Kong. And I don't care what you say, Pokemon is a pretty fun f*cking game once you get past the fact that it's Pokemon.

Umm, Rare made Goldeneye. And Pokemon and Donkey Kong haven't been good for years.

user posted image

I wish I had money a month ago. I went to Target one morning, and they had like 50 Wiis. I wish I could have bought a couple.

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Well there is that girl with the arm cannon.

I want a Wii. I'll probably get one some time in the future. I just want to play Brawl as Snake.

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Thats pretty cool man, never heard of Facebook Marketplace, but sounds interesting. I might have to sell some stuff on there.

New account: Gezim

Anyway, i sold my 32" HDTV for 900 euros one month ago, and now i bought a 42" HDTV for 700 euros on 50% discount

Goldeneye was a good game forgot adout that one but, they haven't made a true Donkey Kong since Donkey Kong64. Also there was Perfect Dark I played that game to hell and back.

"BUT I DON'T WANT TO SELL MY WII!  I LIKE IT!"

I'm mad wanting a Wii. Simply because of that Mario game. lol

I want it for Metal Slug Anthology, Galaxy, Brawl, Paper Mario and maybe even Metroid Prime...I might even get that Sonic game for it. I hear it's the only decent Sonic game to come out for consoles in recent years.

and yeah, sell your Wii's, I think it's safe to say it's the most wanted console out right now. Most of them don't even play games and just want to waggle a bit. Really, you shouldn't buy sh*t that doesn't interest you. Cause you're only buying it for the hype and won't care about it weeks later.

Ah well, idiots=money.

and if you don't want to let go off it, just buy another one. Of course, it'll be kinda hard to find, but a little looking and you made yourself a bit of money that Christmas.

Probably. Read second paragraph.

What I hate though is how people like you think that it's all about the waggle. That waggle is just another way to play, not a step forward for gaming (the way I see it, that is). If it gets good games, it'll sell, gamers will be happy. You seem to adore OoT. Say it was released on the Wii, it's still a good game, regardless of how you control it. You're telling me that the games story, the games characters (lolnodevelopment), the games setting and the games puzzles no longer interest you because the control isn't as fascinating as before?

nigga please.

I will get tired of shaking the remote, of course. But if the console provides good games, I'm happy. Sure, shaking it to get that _____ might not be as exciting as before, but the game itself is pretty good.

Of course, that'll take a while, cause, well, minigames.

They really should get 360's. The 360 has an excellent selection of games for gamers of any age.

XBox 360

Jump In.

Edited by E.A.B.

I've just put in a Craigslist ad selling for $400 with a game, let's see what happens between then and christmas...

user posted image

unban asmo.

I've just shown this topic to my friend, "proud" owner of a Wii... he's flogging it and getting a MacBook with the money he gets. biggrin.gif

Wii is shiiiiiiittt.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a die-hard Ninty fan, but this generation's console is just a gimmick. I got sick of waving my arms around after a couple of hours on a mate's.

just another thug

I'm never going to sell my personal Wii. But, I've waited about 3 hours total and have gotten 2 Wiis. One sold for $350 and the other for $415.

user posted image

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.