I WAS JUST THINKIN...

shortyduwaaap

shortyduwaaap

they talked about how there are multiple ways to do a mission and there are no reloading times after the initial load...

then what will happen when u do a mission (as in past GTAs) and you have to kill a guy without being noticed, so u have to use a car. Say u kill that person with a gun and the mission is failed, does the story go off into a whole new tangent (based on how u handled the mission) or does the mission start over with that person magically alive again?

My guess is that the whole "mission failed" thing will happen once you fail it. ph34r.gif

I think that only certain missions will make different turns in consequences in the way that you choose to go about it. As far as "choosing your own destiny" goes, I don't think there'll be too much on that for it to be even remotely similar to an RPG.

My guess is that the whole "mission failed" thing will happen once you fail it. ph34r.gif

I think that only certain missions will make different turns in consequences in the way that you choose to go about it. As far as "choosing your own destiny" goes, I don't think there'll be too much on that for it to be even remotely similar to an RPG.

Agreed. I don't think it's going to be a Mass Effect (great game by the way) type of game. Maybe like you are forced to kill either one of your friends or your cousin, but not like if someone dies on a minor mission the whole story is affected.

Some people are taking this "realistic" approach WAY too seriously.

Agreed. I don't think it's going to be a Mass Effect (great game by the way) type of game. Maybe like you are forced to kill either one of your friends or your cousin, but not like if someone dies on a minor mission the whole story is affected.

agreed, the game people want is like 10 generations away

agreed, the game people want is like 10 generations away

Again, agreed.

Once people hear next gen they think anything is possible.

*shakes head*

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

I really don't see Mission Failed being changed in any significant way.

You lose and the game resumes so you have to go and get the mission all over again. This has pissed me off in the past, but never so much that I'd demand a whole new system.

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Yeah I understand what you mean,

This feature was added to True Crimes LA. Where the story would continue the way you played it.

New account: Gezim

A bit of Mass Effect will be part of the game though, right? Like you can choose to do certain missions, and based on previous events you'll have a select amount of outcomes in the end?

Maybe some missions will allow you to continue on, whilst others will force you to retry via magical scenario respawn.

I like you. A lot.

P.S. I think I've said exactly what you have said a million times.

The way I see it, is that you will have a few, or more than a few chances to choose what you want to do, in-story. Meaning you get to decide a few things that'll alter the story in a pre-imagined direction, so there can be, lets say, 3 ways to get to the same outcome overall, or three different endings, Sort of like, do you want to go left or right type of style, but nothing drastic or customizable things where absolutely no one has the same experience. I'd like to see alternate endings, it would give the game more replay time.

I think when R* said multiple ways they meant you wont fail the mission if you dont kill the guy unnoticed. That could be just the best way, or the way contractor told you to do it. And if you kill the guy in some other way, your reword could be decreased, or the cops would chase you and you could die