Who Will Buy Rockstar games

hawkstorm182

As i am sure you are aware as there have been posts about it. heres the story to fill you in. Analyst Michael Pachter talked to Shacknews today and told them that Rockstar North may decide to break away from Take-Two Interactive when their contracts expire February 2009. Patcher believes that after EA paid over $800 million for the Pandemic and BioWare deal, Rockstar North wants to see what would happen to them if they split off from Take-Two.

So if this goes down, how much do you think companies would pay to get Rockstar? GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas are all in the top 20 console games of all time and everyone is going bananas over anything they can see from GTA IV. Can you just imagine the bidding war Sony and Microsoft would have over them if they try and snatch Rockstar?

Before you lock this is not the topic i am letting you know the contract expires but the topic is who do you think will buy Rockstar, sony, microsoft or a different company. Comments and suggestions

EA would absolutely ruin Rockstar trust me. Take two are a better company. Who cares if they not the biggest or the richest they know what they are doing. Seriously if EA took over that would be disastrous. Nothing is for certain anyway.

^

Agree.

I hope EA doesn't buy R*,but i'm sure R* wont fit with EA,and besides,R* is not so stupid to go to EA.

i am............................. now wheres that 50 million i had

actually im under estimating what rockstars worth, i need a loan off of Bill Gates for a couple of billion i recon

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

^

Agree.

I hope EA doesn't buy R*,but i'm sure R* wont fit with EA,and besides,R* is not so stupid to go to EA.

i agree i dont want EA games to buy them. but there are other companies besides EA and take2 so come lets hear em.

I think your going to need a tiny bit more than 50 million.

s0h607k.jpg

I think your going to need a tiny bit more than 50 million.

yeah, true add at least another 0

Take-Two owns the Grand Theft Auto IP, if Rockstar "breaks" away from T2 they can't make GTA games no more.

Maybe they could buy the name GTA back?

Or something like that..

Take-Two owns the Grand Theft Auto IP, if Rockstar "breaks" away from T2 they can't make GTA games no more.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No i dont like the sound of that at all adriaan

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

So what exactly is this about then?

I don't think EA buy it even if they want because of the "EA SUCKS" plate from San Andreas (when you buy a car that I forget on Import/Export).

Anyway I really hope EA won't buy Rockstar Games !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But could Rockstar be independant ???

I will buy them.

Seriously, i dont think anyone needs to buy them , R* are good enough to exist on their own.

Take Two never did anything significant with DMA. They only do the red tape stuff, like the Sony pseudo-exclusivity, Microsoft's DLC, and that f*cking annoying PC-release thing. Some of that might not agree with DMA's actual philosophy, but again thanks to RED TAPE they can't discuss it. We'll see what they really think after 2009. But I don't expect much, and I really don't nkow why anyone should care. Rockstar is still Rockstar, DMA, or whatever, as long as the makers of GTA don't change, I'll stick up with them, as I have stuck up to them since GTA 1 came out.

i hope soo because ea got the best simulators!!

I'd rather have GTA than Extreme Crime Simulator.

Member created new account.

Bully is not gta bit its damn good its not gta its how rockstar makes there games that makes them so good. So T2 or not i think they would still make amazing games.

robertryan676

actually im under estimating what rockstars worth, i need a loan off of Bill Gates for a couple of billion i recon

LOOOOOOL!!!!!!

Yeah Bully is great.

When i finished it,i was like: YEAH ROCKSTAR DID IT AGAIN! biggrin.gif

Bully is not gta bit its damn good its not gta its how rockstar makes there games that makes them so good. So T2 or not i think they would still make amazing games.

yeah but no more grand theft auto i dont even want to think about that

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Yeah Bully is great.

When i finished it,i was like: YEAH ROCKSTAR DID IT AGAIN! biggrin.gif

I agree. Bully was great. It was developed by Rockstar Vancouver

No more Grand Theft Auto eah?

I like to think what is going to happen after IV.

Because Houser said somewhere this is not a part of a trilogy.

@Darrel: Yeah! But that's what i like about R* , no matter what studio,they always make great games. biggrin.gif

@Darrel: Yeah! But that's what i like about R* , no matter what studio,they always make great games. biggrin.gif

I agree biggrin.gif I'm looking forward to Midnight Club LA

yeah but no more grand theft auto i dont even want to think about that

Me neither. bu i'm sure R* wont do anthing stupid they probz already know what there gunna do but we dont sad.gif

@Darrel: Yeah! But that's what i like about R* , no matter what studio,they always make great games.  biggrin.gif

What? No more? That's a bit pessimistic...

No it's not part of a trilogy because it is number four, tri = three

Vanilla Shake

It's not part of the Grand Theft Auto III Trilogy. I'd say it's possible that this could be the start of the Grand Theft Auto IV Trilogy.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png