GTA IV OPPONENTS

Gr@ntis

Do you think the new getaway 3 will be able to match up to gta iv ?. the previouse getaways have been a big player against the gtas and now we also have the new saints row 2 coming out its ganna be a hell of a battle but who do you think will be the best ?game ? rampage_ani.giframpage_ani.giframpage_ani.giframpage_ani.giframpage_ani.giframpage_ani.giframpage_ani.giframpage_ani.giframpage_ani.giframpage_ani.giframpage_ani.gif ::

They can't match up to GTA, they're good games but they just basically are wannabes. I don't think there on the same plateau as GTA.

My Opinion

I think Saints Row 2 will pack the biggest punch.

The Getaway series IMHO, hasn't been that much competition. Actually I thought the first one was better. I completed Black Monday in a matter of 3 days. It was too easy.

Saint's Row and The Getaway suck! GTA IV will beat them both cool.gif

i dont know i quite enjoyed The getaway black monday, the graphics were superior to GTA's and also i liked the way how they evolved the story around you having to play 3 different characters through the game, it certainly added to the depth of it. also if you wanted to heal yourself you would have to stop and lean up against a wall, but you didnt have infinite health you could only do this a couple of times, that was a nice touch as well

Now what i ave seen of the Getaway 3 is very impressive and they do seem to still have the edge of proper photo realistic textures over GTAIV.

but they are ging to all be good games in there own right, some people will like them some people wont.

but at the moment the Getaway 3 is the only game at the moment that could tempt me to by a PS3

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

~Ill probabaly get all of them. But ive only been following GTA, so thats going to be the one i play more.

Personally, no.

GTA is the Biggest and most inovative series in the Genre and especially with all the new features i cant see other games knocking Rockstar of its perch. dozingoff.gif

GTA is what started games like The Getaway, Saint's Row, True Crime, etc. They don't add anything new, as such (apart from the odd new features here and there - but on the whole are just sandbox games based off of GTA III when it first hit the shelves).

GTA is a genre of its own and the day I see it beaten I'll let this slip. icon14.gif

GTA is what started games like The Getaway, Saint's Row, True Crime, etc. They don't add anything new, as such (apart from the odd new features here and there - but on the whole are just sandbox games based off of GTA III when it first hit the shelves).

GTA is a genre of its own and the day I see it beaten I'll let this slip. icon14.gif

True. icon14.gif

Though alot of GTA haters try to devalue GTA's success by saying GTA copied Driver. (I'm talking GTA III era here)

I personally don't see it. All GTA copied was the 3D enviroment IMO.

GTA didn't invent the sandbox genre, but it goes without saying alot of these other sandbox games are whoring off GTA III's success.

Edited by Miamivicecity

I haven't played The Getaway, but Saints Row was a great game, I'd put it just a little below San Andreas. I think GTA4 will be better than Saints Row 2, but both will be great games.

I will play The Getaway, saints row, and driver just to make me appreicate GTA that much more. They are all ok games, they just dont compare to GTA.

Hate me if you will, but I liked playing DRIV3R. All the glitches and horrible AI made it fun to play.

*waits to be smacked in the face*...

Member created new account.

True. icon14.gif

Though alot of GTA haters try to devalue GTA's success by saying GTA copied Driver. (I'm talking GTA III era here)

I personally don't see it. All GTA copied was the 3D enviroment IMO.

GTA didn't invent the sandbox genre, but it goes without saying alot of these other sandbox games are whoring off GTA III's success.

allthough the original GTA wasnt 3D im pretty sure it was still classed as a sandbox game

i wouldnt agree that it copied the 3D sides of things when it made the move to the pS2 its the logical next step for any franchise.

if anything Drivers GBA incarnation ripped the f*ck outta the original GTA

Edited by oysterbarron

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

I believe Saints Row is the only real GTA contender. The new Getaway game is not comparable, The Getaway series I believe are in a league of their own. Although they are still pony farming games, they just have a completely different atmospheric feel that some games cant achieve. The reason I bought a PS3 was for Getaway.

I dont think Saints Row 2 will be better than GTA IV, but Saints Row 2 is going to be one hell of a game.

I believe Saints Row is the only real GTA contender. The new Getaway game is not comparable, The Getaway series I believe are in a league of their own. Although they are still pony farming games, they just have a completely different atmospheric feel that some games cant achieve. The reason I bought a PS3 was for Getaway.

I dont think Saints Row 2 will be better than GTA IV, but Saints Row 2 is going to be one hell of a game.

you think the same as me on this, except about SR2, but at the moment not alot is known about SR2, im just going by the first one in the series, but you never know they might be able to do something mind blowing.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Saints Row 2 has Planes, bikes, helicopters. I heard its going to revolutionize online play too.

oh yeah i remeber reading that, they said the multiplayer in the first one was going to be kick arse before, id be very careful with taking there word for it.

but planes and stuff icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif stupid GTAIV lol

also i remeber now that its going to feature the same map just with extened districts now, i would moan about this but its sort of the same thing that Rockstar have done throught there entire GTA franchise, With using the same citys and all that

Edited by oysterbarron

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Although GTA IV will be the better game. I think Saints Row 2 will be alot more fun to play for some reason... ph34r.gif

Here is some info on Saints Row 2 I grabbed, sounds cool.

The entire single player campaign will be playable in online and local play co-operative mode. New vehicles include boats, motorcycles, helicopters and planes and the player will be able to use limpet mines on cars, walls, and other surfaces as well. There will also be changes to Stilwater, including expansion of the west side of the city. The game will include additional weather effects. Pedestrians will be much more responsive to both environmental stimuli (such as opening umbrellas at the sign of rain) to possibly crowding around someone that has just been shot, allowing the player to use the distraction to get away. Alternatively, the player can attempt to use other characters in the game as human shields. The game will allow for personalize character creation, but will expand to include the creation of female characters, and a "Freak Generator" will be used for creating clothing looks for both the player and his fellow gang members. The player will also be able to expand and customize his "crib" through the game.

Edited by Gabe Logan

Although GTA IV will be the better game. I think Saints Row 2 will be alot more fun to play for some reason... ph34r.gif

Here is some info on Saints Row 2 I grabbed, sounds cool.

The entire single player campaign will be playable in online and local play co-operative mode. New vehicles include boats, motorcycles, helicopters and planes and the player will be able to use limpet mines on cars, walls, and other surfaces as well. There will also be changes to Stilwater, including expansion of the west side of the city. The game will include additional weather effects. Pedestrians will be much more responsive to both environmental stimuli (such as opening umbrellas at the sign of rain) to possibly crowding around someone that has just been shot, allowing the player to use the distraction to get away. Alternatively, the player can attempt to use other characters in the game as human shields. The game will allow for personalize character creation, but will expand to include the creation of female characters, and a "Freak Generator" will be used for creating clothing looks for both the player and his fellow gang members. The player will also be able to expand and customize his "crib" through the game.

sounds like a good buy might have to invest, but i really see GTAIV's multiplayer going down the same road as what they have said about SR2

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

This is what GTA IV will do to SR2 and The Getaway 3

user posted image

now stop posting comparison threads. i swear this is the thousandth one i've seen

Saints Row 2 has Planes, bikes, helicopters. I heard its going to revolutionize online play too.

lol sucks anyway...that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ps2 games.........

getaway:not that bad

saints row2:SUCKS HARD mad.gif

why does it suck what features in SR2 dont you like.

you dont see games jornalist righting previews with just the words

IT SUCKS HARD

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

getaway:not that bad

saints row2:SUCKS HARD mad.gif

why does it suck what features in SR2 dont you like.

you dont see games jornalist righting previews with just the words

IT SUCKS HARD

Fanboys don't have reasons.

People who don't play/enjoy other games just because it's in the same genre as their favorite series need to step out and get a life, Saints Row and GTA can both be good, and they both are.

People who don't play/enjoy other games just because it's in the same genre as their favorite series need to step out and get a life, Saints Row and GTA can both be good, and they both are.

Best thing I have read on this forum. icon14.gif

you can say that again, the only problem with free--roam games is you constantly compare them to GTA, which is the wrong thing todo because they can be good in there own way.

ive enjoyed all free--roam games in one way or another even

ROAD TRIP ADVENTURE which is a racing kids game fr-eeroam

which is good in its own ways

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

we will have to wait and see mr AK

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

You know what's a scary thought? GTA IV being significantly bad, and Saints Row 2 being better. But that's just a thought. No rip-off of GTA will ever be as good as GTA itself. GTA IV is going to revolutionize the series, you just wait and see.....