PS3 censoring.

Gabe Logan

Ok I have a Hong Kong PS3. I understand some PS3's like the JAP PS3 censores games like the recently 'Drakes Fortune'. I am not sure if the Hong Kong PS3's censores games, but I will find out shorty when I buy Drakes Fortune for my PS3. But does this mean GTA IV will be censored too on a JAP console? or even a Hong Kong one?

nervous.gif

Its the console that censors the game. If you have a JAP PS3 and buy Uncharted from UK,US, it doesnt matter. The game will still be censored, the JAP PS3 censores it.

Uncharted has guns. And guns shoot people. Shooting people causes people to bleed. Not in Japan, apparently! When played on a Japanese PS3, Uncharted is bloodless. Sure, Japan has done this before with games like Dead Rising and Resistance. It doesn't matter where you bought Uncharted as the game's still bloodless. The origin of the disc does not matter, but rather, the hardware does.
Edited by Gabe Logan

Its the console that censors the game. If you have a JAP PS3 and buy Uncharted from UK,US, it doesnt matter. The game will still be censored, the JAP PS3 censores it.

Uncharted has guns. And guns shoot people. Shooting people causes people to bleed. Not in Japan, apparently! When played on a Japanese PS3, Uncharted is bloodless. Sure, Japan has done this before with games like Dead Rising and Resistance. It doesn't matter where you bought Uncharted as the game's still bloodless. The origin of the disc does not matter, but rather, the hardware does.

i never knew that, thank you for enlightening me!

icon14.gif

The Japanese one does it because of the laws of the country. I am not sure of what Honk Kong's stance is on game violence but if its like Japan, most likely.....the console will censor it.

So in America we get bloody second-amendment proving shoot-em-up games, and Japan gets air gun wielding nude hentai chicks?

If only there was a middle man turn.gif

SODO-MOTO

International Vehicle Importers

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.