character interaction

Himuro

I loved the third trailer, don't get me wrong, but it looks so similar to past 3d GTA's. It looks like go to mission location, watch cutscene, mission starts. That's fine and all, but we've been doing that for a minute now and I want some evolution. After the first trailer, I thought that the direction for the series would be different in terms of this, but looking at the third trailer it seems it hasn't changed a bit. I feel disappointed a lil bit, because I was hoping for something totally new in the series, but at the same time it also feels refreshing because I *am* familiar with this type of GTA. I dunno, I'm split on the matter.

One of the things I hate about GTA games is that you can't have any character interaction at all aside from in cutscenes. Do we know how we can interact with characters at all yet? I think I'm jumping the gun a bit, it's just that I got tired of that formula after San Andreas. The fact that I didn't like San Andreas' character much at all helped influence this, I guess, but I don't want the same GTA where I only get to hang out and talk to characters during mission cutscenes.

you got all that from a trailer? Well if it makes you feel any better R* have said that you are able to be friends with some of your contacts. They said you are able to call them up and hang out. They didnt elaborate on this, but they said having a better relationship with some contacts would be beneficial(dont quote me on that one)

Like Little jacob is a gun smuggler. And having a good relationship with him would have obvious pluses. Like maybe cheaper guns or something. That part, im just assuming what would happen if you were on really good terms with him.

I loved the third trailer, don't get me wrong, but it looks so similar to past 3d GTA's. It looks like go to mission location, watch cutscene, mission starts. That's fine and all, but we've been doing that for a minute now and I want some evolution. After the first trailer, I thought that the direction for the series would be different in terms of this, but looking at the third trailer it seems it hasn't changed a bit. I feel disappointed a lil bit, because I was hoping for something totally new in the series, but at the same time it also feels refreshing because I *am* familiar with this type of GTA. I dunno, I'm split on the matter.

One of the things I hate about GTA games is that you can't have any character interaction at all aside from in cutscenes. Do we know how we can interact with characters at all yet? I think I'm jumping the gun a bit, it's just that I got tired of that formula after San Andreas. The fact that I didn't like San Andreas' character much at all helped influence this, I guess, but I don't want the same GTA where I only get to hang out and talk to characters during mission cutscenes.

Read Kikizo's 2nd preview(Kinda old). It explains how improved the mission stuff is.

And it will fix any other doubts you have about the evolution of this game.

you got all that from a trailer? Well if it makes you feel any better R* have said that you are able to be friends with some of your contacts. They said you are able to call them up and hang out. They didnt elaborate on this, but they said having a better relationship with some contacts would be beneficial(dont quote me on that one)

Like Little jacob is a gun smuggler. And having a good relationship with him would have obvious pluses. Like maybe cheaper guns or something. That part, im just assuming what would happen if you were on really good terms with him.

Hence why I said I know I'm jumping the gun. I'm not saying that's how it *is*, I'm just hoping that's *not* how it is.

I think he's trying to say, if it evolutionized already, you should of seen peds interacting on the streets, even with glimpses. Like I noticed in Trailer 1 when it fast forwards through time square crowd, none of them interact, they just walk.

Playstation3 Name: Simseth

Add me!

I think he's trying to say, if it evolutionized already, you should of seen peds interacting on the streets, even with glimpses. Like I noticed in Trailer 1 when it fast forwards through time square crowd, none of them interact, they just walk.

Yeah, thanks for that. I was having trouble putting it into words.

I can't see the intermingling of cutscene and player control elements being too far removed from other games, but if Rockstar managed that it would be considered groundbreaking, would it not?