2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

The Art Of Graffiti

That's odd, Paint is really easy to get over here, Cheap too.

My friends got some Montanna cans for like 10€ Sketch marker for like 2€ and some good Paint Markers for 5€.

I wanted to pick up tagging, No good ideas though, Can't think of any names. sad.gif

I usually just scribble up some styles.

This is a good one i seen up north.

(Pic)

Inner Dublin in Abbey Street is the best place for Pieces, Artists like Milk and Maser tag there.

Nice piece, but €10!?

I get them in Amsterdam for, like, €1,50.

Thanks CNNB but I think Tommy is right. The ending just gets a little out of style. I'm currently working on another one that I'm hoping to finish it up with some color. I've been looking at a lot of Graffiti alphabets like you said Tommy. It's really helping, I'm combining different styles and editing them. But I think it's quite hard to be original when you see something good and simple.

Cool. The one I made was with a normal pencil and coloring pencils and a black marker for the outline. Trying to convince my parents to buy me some pens but the other way of getting me some pens would be make them myself. It said to give a good result and you can customize the tip so it's all good.

Tommy-Vercetti19

The only way you can get better at Graffiti, is by looking around at other pieces. Everybody learns from each other.

Here's some of my small sketches. Don't like any of them really.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I'm liking the last one. The F reminds me of the Fallen logo which is cool.

Here is something I made today.

user posted image

I don't like my coloring... I also think I put in a little bit too many drips at the bottom.

Edited by The Guru
  • 1 month later...

I write ZEAL, mostly.

I'm trying to become a good Writer, It's hard. I don't genrally have a good style and I can't think of a permanent name. confused.gif

I'm what you'd call a Toy Hehe, Focusing on graffiti as my main art choice, I focus mainly on Manga and Frehand sketching, Pc Art and many other styles aswell.

Graffiti is an art I love, I'm trying to improve smile.gif

I'll throw up some pictures soon.

Edited by Ziggy455
  • 1 month later...

Theres a couple called HERAKUT that do really sh*t hot paint work, also worth checking out nasty 'NECKFACE' if any of you guys like the rawer side of graff and street art? (see below)... and first post! woop! hello smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Did this whilst bored in class a few weeks ago. S'my XBL Gamertag. I'm not a hardcore go-out-and-spray-sh*t-up graff kid, so it's probably what you'd all consider pretty basic, but it's one of the better pieces I've done.

Any crits?

• 2 weeks later...

It does indeed look good man but i think you should work on moving the KZ closer to the FLEC bit, the reason why is because if i didnt know you drew this alone i would think that FLEC and KZ were two seperate people. Other then that this thing would look damn good in a nice chrome and black combo on a train smile.gif

@OH NO from a few years ago - Basically what happened was, i met up with two fellow writers because they heard about an easy way in and a quick way out of the trainyard and we knew for a fact the only security there on a sunday was two old fellas. We went in and hit it pretty hard, i did around three average sized bombs and one big nasty f*cker along the side of a clean freight, i finished mine and was sat smoking a joint when some other writers with the same idea as us wandered in. They came over to me and we were just talking about graffiti and sh*t and then they left to go and paint the freights at the other end of the yard. About 10 minutes later they come running past us shouting security have spotted us police will be here shortly lets get the f*ck out, so we start running. We make it onto the road to head towards the train station, i thought we had gotten away untill a police van rockets up behind us, i started running but the police officer jumped out and tackled me to the floor which led to Squigs trying to wrestle the police officer off me so we could make our escape, the other guy we was with bailed on us and we ended up in a van on our way to the police station charged with tresspassing, criminal damage and resisting arrest, Squigs got assault pinned on him aswell for going all WWE on the officer.

I spent 14 hours in the cell, did all the technical bullsh*t and was told i would be fined atleast £1000 for the damage done to the freights and fined upto £5000 for tresspassing on the tracks (BTP). In the end it worked out okayish because they bailed me and told me i would be going to court, ended up dropping the charges since i confessed to commiting the crime in the first interview but denied knowing the other lads saying that i went alone and just met them there (i had been writing with them for like a year lol). The downside was that i got reprimanded which meant if i got into trouble with the police again before i turned 18 then the charges would be reinstated and depending on how serious the crime would have been meant i would have been going to a young offenders institute since i had been arrested a few times before for various sh*t.

I'm 18 now, the reprimand has ended and i dont really do any of the crazy sh*t i used to in my younger teen years, it was fun as f*ck though and i dont really regret it much just dont get caught tounge.gif

appreciate the swiftness of the reply there mr cambo wink.gif

that yard sounds baking anyway, how many bloody people were running around that place tounge2.gif but yeah like you say, f*ck it, its a laugh. Best time to do that sh*t is when you are young, although I give respect to those who stick with it even into their 20s and even 30s...i mean, its seems pretty f*ckin daft to me when I think of grown men runnin around still painting trains, but who am I to judge. Very addictive thing graffiti, and some of the illegals i see put down are incredible.

in sayin that ive stopped paintin, a lot, few legals and some other chill spots but nothing much. started thinking about my job and what would happen if I was caught. Know of a couple of lads who were raided after some heavy hits on trains and due to todays climate they are up on terrorist charges. f*ck that.

and f*ck BTP

oh and fair play to yer boy for tryin to pull that copper off you

eh ive also got some sketches and flicks knocking around, somewhere, ill post if I finds

• 2 months later...

user posted image

I forgot about this topic, that sketch is smart as f*ck man, no lie.

Didnt even bother looking for some of my stuff, I put it all on discs and I think i wrote "The goonies" or something like that on it (im mad undercover like that) all I can dig up is these.

user posted image

user posted image

unfinished piece

user posted image

eh, the sketches aint even that good, about a year old now, and ive got a whole sketch pad that I havent even taken photos of. And since when did Tinypics have a captcha? sh*ts annoying.

user posted image

f*cking sick dude. I can see that it's sunfinished (and you mentioned it) but it's looking great.

Thanks, OH NO, and your pieces are amazing man. to be honest, I never made anything serious on the wall, all I have is f*ck loads of sketches and hopes to be professional.

Thanks, OH NO, and your pieces are amazing man. to be honest, I never made anything serious on the wall, all I have is f*ck loads of sketches and hopes to be professional.

cheers lads..and dont worry about being professional, graffiti has moved away from it... in a sense, especially in europe. Everythings been done, being original is practically impossible...just get a style and run with it.

look at this guy, horfe. practically made me give up graffiti

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

mans a genius

• 3 months later...

Got bored today so I thought I'd just sketch something...

user posted image

I know, I suck.

EDIT*

It made a good signature, though.

Edited by The Guru
  • 2 weeks later...

Graffiti was always a passion of mine, not so much now now!

I might go for the occasional bombing sessions if im pissed off!

But i used to live and breath it for about 5-6 years!

Heres a new-ish sketch of mine:

user posted image

Edited by tms_junk
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for the double post but i really would like to see this thread more active, more photos sketches and stories coming in etc! Anyone here from the sunny new york city? Still seeing JA's work about?

I like that, like the way the letters all flow into each other without obvious connections!

Thats a style thats really coming into its own here in England.

Apart from alot of the euro countries i dont think theres a massive difference between American and British styles now

• 4 weeks later...
My favourite can is montana gold icon14.gif .

@m.luqman Enjoy it wink.gif

Well.. Its a 400ml bottle and me and my friends are gonna fill that place with foul language and other stuff.

I Just Need To Know the consequences.