Tesla coil art (Awesome pics!)

Forty

Peter Terren loves toying with Tesla coils. The 51-year-old Australian doctor bailed on his physics major during his first year of college, but that didn't stop him from pursuing his passion for electricity. In his free time, he engages in what he calls "the holy art of electrickery."

From small-scale physics experiments to big-and-dangerous Tesla stunts, Terren meticulously documents his projects on his website, Tesla Downunder. Terren's most recent creation is a 15-foot-tall Tesla coil Christmas tree. Here's a look at some of his supercharged masterpieces.

Some of the pictures of this guy's work are amazing. Check this awesome sh*t out.

If any of you are unfamiliar with a tesla coil, it is essentially a resonator that can "shoot" electricity across gaps to power objects without wires, like a light bulb, radio, etc...though they have many more uses than that.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This last one is a picture of electrically charged ferrofluid, which is activated by magnetic fields and forms amazing shapes and structures when charged.

user posted image

All pics and summary courtesy of Wired

Those pictures are bad ass. The one in the swimming pool takes some serious balls.

usZpdN9.png

Cool... Do you know who Tesla is?

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

David Bowie.

how true

anyway that's some amazing stuff.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

David Bowie.

how true

anyway that's some amazing stuff.

One great study, Nikola Tesla the Prodigal Genius is. Second Edit: I found another linky that works elsewhere. colgate.gif

That guy is cool, not only did he invent the Alternating Current but he was eventually paid off not to invent things in the USA by another very famous inventer. The Rail Gun, Broadcast Energy and allot of other things are attributed to him as the inventor. Many of his inventions appear lost....but are they?

Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy

David Bowie.

sh*t, I was gonna say that.

user posted image

That guy is cool, not only did he invent the Alternating Current but he was eventually paid off not to invent things in the USA by another very famous inventer. The Rail Gun, Broadcast Energy and allot of other things are attributed to him as the inventor. Many of his inventions appear lost....but are they?

I heard some stories about how Tesla made some machine that can transfer the entire Solar system in another galaxy, and more stuff like that. But he knew that we are not ready for that yet, and we might never be cause who knows what waits there. So he destroyed some of his works and whats left of it was used by the well known NASA

But thats just what i heard ph34r.gif

silvermanblue

Those are some awesome pics, Tesla was a genius.

Leone Family Mafia

ПРОПАГАНДА.ИНЦ, СИЛВЕРМАНБЛУЕ

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

That guy is cool, not only did he invent the Alternating Current but he was eventually paid off not to invent things in the USA by another very famous inventer.  The Rail Gun, Broadcast Energy and allot of other things are attributed to him as the inventor.  Many of his inventions appear lost....but are they?

I heard some stories about how Tesla made some machine that can transfer the entire Solar system in another galaxy, and more stuff like that. But he knew that we are not ready for that yet, and we might never be cause who knows what waits there. So he destroyed some of his works and whats left of it was used by the well known NASA

But thats just what i heard ph34r.gif

icon14.gif Yo....just click the linky in the quote from the page above.

Or here it is again...Click the linky and read all you want in the connected links.

EDIT: Fixed situation....Different linky. biggrin.gif

One great study, Nikola Tesla the Prodigal Genius  ,is.

That book is a great read!

Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Everytime I think of the term Tesla Coil my mind just goes back to when I used to play Command and Conquer: Red Alert, playing as the Soviets and setting up Tesla Coils around my base and frying those pesky Allies. *zap*

Good times. smile.gif

Awesome pics btw. icon14.gif

Tesla is insane. Well, not really, I mean that figuratively, he's come up with some wild stuff.

The coil is one of the more fun ones. Have you guys seen the one that makes music? It was made by some kids at University of Illinois.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Awesome,BTW,did anyone feel slight pain and pressure in their ears while listenig to this?

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

user posted image

Holy sh*t, thats seriously insane, Id be afraid to be his neighbor.

WbZaxRP.png

Everytime I think of the term Tesla Coil my mind just goes back to when I used to play Command and Conquer: Red Alert, playing as the Soviets and setting up Tesla Coils around my base and frying those pesky Allies. *zap*

Good times. smile.gif

Awesome pics btw. icon14.gif

Yes.

Holy sh*t, thats seriously insane, Id be afraid to be his neighbor.

I wish that guy was my neighbor. Those pictures are amazing.

IDMoi-1.jpg

It's C&C Red Alert 2 Tesla coil towers all over again. nervous.gif

I'd like to see some video of these. I mean, images are cool and everything, but you don't get to see it In Action!

Tesla was a legend.Amen to his creations.

But his nationality isnt strictly confirmed,people at Balkans still fight off to find evience which nationality he is,Croat,Serb,Bosnian.

But his nationality isnt strictly confirmed,people at Balkans still fight off to find evience which nationality he is,Croat,Serb,Bosnian.

His father was Serbian,his Mother was Croatian,he lived in Smiljan in Croatia,and it says there:"I am proud of my Serbian blood,and my Croatian home"

-Nikola Tesla

user posted image

His father was Serbian,his Mother was Croatian,he lived in Smiljan in Croatia,and it says there:"I am proud of my Serbian blood,and my Croatian home"

-Nikola Tesla

He's from Balkan why do we argue.

Go Balkan and East Europe!

Very cool pictures. That pool one is awesome, must of took him a little while for him to work up the balls to do that. Very interesting stuff though.

Yeah one of those pictures is the recreation of the C&C tesla coil.

Lmfao, yeah that one made my day. That's...rather sadly really, so f*cking cool biggrin.gif

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.