Australian Rating- game must be finished

hawkstorm182

Correct me if i'm wrong but in order for a game to recieve its rating it must be in complete finished form and cannot be changed apart from little touch ups, after the rating is given. If this is the case the game must be finished but for little touch-ups and testing which dont take 3 monthes so why wait till march-april time to release?

Edited by hawkstorm182

The game can still be touched up to a certain extent of not taking out/adding any extra content - which is probably what Rockstar are doing right now.

touch ups shouldn't take 3 mounts they should give us a release date

it feels like we will never get a release date sad.gif
Edited by i.v

Things like making it run at a higher frame rate don't change the rating, so many things can still be done even though it now has a rating.

They could possibly add more side missions during this time or improve the multiplayer part of the game.

If they did that they would have to resubmit it for a rating I think as they could add a side mission that deserves a higher rating so it will just be touching things up.

Things like making it run at a higher frame rate don't change the rating, so many things can still be done even though it now has a rating.

This is most likely the case, and probably testing and retesting. biggrin.gificon14.gif

i dont want a certificate 15 GTA!!!!!!

"There are four classification categories for video games: G, PG, M, MA15+. Video games which exceed the impact of what the MA15+ rating allows are refused classification (RC). Games refused classification may be edited and resubmitted by their developers to garner an MA15+ classification."

So atleast the aussies are not going to have a manhunt 2 style problem. lets hope the BBFC and ESRB will be as kind. biggrin.gif

my dad (who has been working with games) said that games often get released like 1 or 2 months after they've got a rating. O.o

EDIT: i looked on a swedish website selling games. on the boxart picture there is a 18+ rating.

http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=61338

2nd EDIT: i've looked on several nordic websites, all have given me a 18+ rating.

Edited by 2pac_stoffe

Yes, I would say for the most part the game is done. Since its already being given a rating in Australia I would expect to see a rating in the US very soon. So most likely the release date is very close.

is the rating MA 15+ if so i hope they dont take any content out if so i hope i can get the game as soon as its released so they dont pull it off the shelves to make it crappier

could someone tell me where it says it is

YourNeighborhoodKiller

Well you can pretty much predict what this game will be rated as, it's not like you'll be rating it C for children.

New account: Gezim

my dad (who has been working with games) said that games often get released like 1 or 2 months after they've got a rating. O.o

EDIT: i looked on a swedish website selling games. on the boxart picture there is a 18+ rating.

http://www.webhallen.com/prod.php?id=61338

2nd EDIT: i've looked on several nordic websites, all have given me a 18+ rating.

Feb may be the month then.

The game can still be touched up to a certain extent of not taking out/adding any extra content - which is probably what Rockstar are doing right now.

Probably adding small details and such. just more details to make us happy biggrin.gif

user posted image

I disagree with everybody

Australia rates the game bacause I believe they would say 'oh yeah ok Gta 4 um... oh predicible, we know of course that all gta games have tons of violence and swearing blah blah blah... um ok we give it MA, yeah... lets give it MA, lads.'

I think that australia thinks that it is most predicible within the histroy of the games that it is obvious that GTA will contain many nasty things so they automatically give it a MA rating regardless of if they have seen the game or not!

Regards RETRAT

So what your pretty much saying is that Australia rated the game, without even looking at it? Highly Unlikely. confused.gif

Australia rates the game bacause I believe they would say 'oh yeah ok Gta 4 um... oh predicible, we know of course that all gta games have tons of violence and swearing blah blah blah... um ok we give it MA, yeah... lets give it MA, lads.'

I think that australia thinks that it is most predicible within the histroy of the games that it is obvious that GTA will contain many nasty things so they automatically give it a MA rating regardless of if they have seen the game or not!

Regards RETRAT

They have to have the game to rate it FULLSTOP

all textures used in the game are subbmited to them as well

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

is the rating MA 15+ if so i hope they dont take any content out if so i hope i can get the game as soon as its released so they dont pull it off the shelves to make it crappier

could someone tell me where it says it is

I believe our version of San Andreas on release was the same version as the United States, and Europe. It was only pulled off the shelves for a shortime, because of "Hot Coffee".

I expect the same with GTA IV, unless another "Hot Coffee" type fiasco is found.

GTA3Freak-2001

Regards RETRAT

If that was the case the OFLC are breaking the law, the OFLC have strict rules when rating games especially in the application for classification. For a game to be rated a copy of the game must be submitted along with the usual documenation about the game so for the OFLC to put up a rating means a near finished copy of GTA IV has graced the OFLC offices and had the once over with the board members. So this does indicate that the game is nearly completed and my hunch is it will come out a bit earlier then expected.

Could it be possible that the game is more or less complete for only one format (360 or PS3), and has been submitted, leaving the devs to complete the other format.

Because surely they don't have to submit the same game to be rated for each format?

Presumably they're a little paranoid about getting their games rated, due to their past record, so if there are any issues they still have plenty of time to alter it.

That would make sense to me, no?

GTA3Freak-2001

Could it be possible that the game is more or less complete for only one format (360 or PS3), and has been submitted, leaving the devs to complete the other format.

Because surely they don't have to submit the same game to be rated for each format?

Presumably they're a little paranoid about getting their games rated, due to their past record, so if there are any issues they still have plenty of time to alter it.

That would make sense to me, no?

Well its listed as multi-platform so I dunno. However I do agree that the OFLC being the first to review or rate the game is more due to Rockstar wanting to get the countries that have proved difficult with ratings out of the way so that any changes needed can be done early.