More VM issues

poopskin

Well, i got MSVirtual PC (as far as i know, it's easier to use and it supports OS/2) and the files for DOS 6.11. When i make those files into a ISO, and use "Capture ISO Image..." in MSvirtual PC, it just says "insert proper boot media and restart" Just as if i hadn't done anything at all. when i hit enter, the process repeats itself. i've tried

-ISOing the dos files (told you that)

-ISOing the installer (same results)

-Burning the installer ISO to a disc (same results)

-Burning the DOS files to a disc (same results)

So, what do i do to get my DOS files working as a virtual PC?

Every time i try to mount a ISO as a floppy it says its too big sad.gif and i don't have a (hooked up) floppy drive...How do i make a floppy .VFD? is there a way i can do it with a folder?

I fiddled around in the BIOS (changed boot priority to cd first), stuck the CD with the DOS files into the drive, No dice.

Tried VMware? I got DOS and Windows 3.11 working flawless on that.

Gah--DLing requires EMAIL, and i can't log on to my gmail, plus i don't know which ones are free or not...or which one to get.

(plus isn't there support issues with VMware regarding VMing OS/2?)

DDD: I don't have money...

...And my christmas list is filled up. can yuo make VMs with VMware player?

VMware Server is free, and it is all you need. I don't know where the rumour sprung that VMware costs money, I never paid for it, and I got it from their website.

VMware Server is free, and it is all you need. I don't know where the rumour sprung that VMware costs money, I never paid for it, and I got it from their website.

Reall? Last time I checked, only the Player was free. But that was almost a year ago.

VMware Server is free, and it is all you need.  I don't know where the rumour sprung that VMware costs money, I never paid for it, and I got it from their website.

Reall? Last time I checked, only the Player was free. But that was almost a year ago.

The Server have always been free, I got it for free years ago. And I still can.

Now to figure out how the hey to use .ISOs with VMware.

EDIT: There was a youtube video for that.

Tried the DOS ISO i made, Same results. i'm almost certain that i'm using a Bad ISO at this point...that's what i get for making one myself, and i'm not certain it's legal to ask where i can get one...i'll ask my friend, he piddles around with ISOs on his PSP.

Edited by poopskin

Now to figure out how the hey to use .ISOs with VMware.

EDIT: There was a youtube video for that.

Tried the DOS ISO i made, Same results. i'm almost certain that i'm using a Bad ISO at this point...that's what i get for making one myself, and i'm not certain it's legal to ask where i can get one...i'll ask my friend, he piddles around with ISOs on his PSP.

Tell me which DOS ISO you want to mount on the internet so that I can download it and test it on my Virtual PC 2007. But ShinoD7 is the Best DOS boot disk! And what was the reason you needed to go back to DOS again?

I'm running 6.11 on MS Virtual PC with no problems.

The problem you are having is that your ISO has no boot sector. You have to install DOS before you can access a disk anyways. What you need to do is create floppy images or use actual floppies for the 3 installation floppies of DOS 6.11. Restart the machine with the first floppy in place, and it should boot into the DOS installer. Follow instructions, replace disks as necessary, and you'll have DOS in no time. Then, if you want to transfer the rest of your files from a CD, you'll have to install CD drivers and add appropriate lines to autoexec.bat and config.sys.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Dos ISO obtained, and working, but at the installer it says it needs to create a FAT partition. It does so, then says i need to reboot (the VM), but after the VM reboots it doesn't read the .ISO! (it works in MS virtual PC)

Update: Stupid sexy DOS made my whole computer lock up.

UpdateX2: Stupid sexy DOS fixed with deleting the old VM and making a new one, plus reinstalling.

Edited by poopskin

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.