• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• unopescio

• yoječ

• 1TUFSS

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Onepiece's High Definition GTA3 cars 2007-2011       DOWNLOAD LINKS   Tri-Pack for III/Vice City Tri-Pack for San Andreas Tri-Pack for IV  

Yep I do it all with 3dsmax 9 (I need to update) and photoshop using Kams scripts for import and exporting. Anyway I got a little distracted last night and made a III style mustangish car, Im calling

The Stank is now available for download here! http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=27520           Things are also progressing with the technical details of the Savanna/Blade In

SomeGuy86

Or you can get some scripts that lets you add as many cars as you want (also with new handling lines and customizable sounds), but you would have to get the 1.1 EXE. I started with ID 4000 then added over 20 cars.

Here are the links, in case anybody wants them. They may be useful for some peeps around here:

Sorry for going off-topic for a moment, but this is just awesome & left me completely speechless! I honestly don't know why these plugins don't have their own topic (or to be AT LEAST mentioned in the tutorial sub-forum, on adding new vehicles to GTA3), but they've certainly deserved to be properly addressed and/or even pinned IMHO. Heck, these ones are even easier to use than MVL under Vice City!

• Like 1
unopescio

Alright, I'm going nuts here. I'm making a hearse based off the HD Perennial, and everything was going alright for the most part until I got to the back door. The top of the hearse is assigned the secondary color, so I went to change the top of the rear door to match. However, if I have both an "ok" rear door and a "dam" rear door, the secondary color on all parts of the car is lost and reverts to white in the game. To make matters more confusing, when previewing the car in GGMM, the secondary color does appear. And if I import the DFF back into gmax, the secondary color is still present on the model. Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this?

No idea maybe try reapplying the textures to the rear ok and dam models? I use 3dsmax btw there could be some compatibility issue

Alright, I'm going nuts here. I'm making a hearse based off the HD Perennial, and everything was going alright for the most part until I got to the back door. The top of the hearse is assigned the secondary color, so I went to change the top of the rear door to match. However, if I have both an "ok" rear door and a "dam" rear door, the secondary color on all parts of the car is lost and reverts to white in the game. To make matters more confusing, when previewing the car in GGMM, the secondary color does appear. And if I import the DFF back into gmax, the secondary color is still present on the model. Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this?

No idea maybe try reapplying the textures to the rear ok and dam models? I use 3dsmax btw there could be some compatibility issue

One Piece man do you think you can help me?

(insert name here)

Sorry for going off-topic for a moment, but this is just awesome & left me completely speechless! I honestly don't know why these plugins don't have their own topic (or to be AT LEAST mentioned in the tutorial sub-forum, on adding new vehicles to GTA3), but they've certainly deserved to be properly addressed and/or even pinned IMHO. Heck, these ones are even easier to use than MVL under Vice City!

I completely agree. I second that these should be pinned as a must-have for any GTA 3 modder. I'm having a complete field day adding as many cars as I want with whatever sound effects I want.

I was actually going to suggest that (with the permission of the creator of the plugins) Onepiece re-release all his cars bundled with the "VehicleAudioLoader" and "handling_adder" that way he can included all of his models and have them all use appropriate engine sounds (because frankly, the Cuban Hermes, Sabre Turbo, and Deluxo with that quiet slow car engine just don't work).

Jinx, are you the one who made the plugins, or did you just happen to have the links?

Reverting back to your original tailgate models seems to have fixed it, so I decided to scrap my models and start over. I noticed I had a TON of extra textures that had made their way into my door models from merging different things to make what I wanted. I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my models, and being careful not to end up with a massive glob of textures hanging out and doing nothing along the way.

Do you care if I release cars I make that are built off of your models (such as this hearse)? I'll be sure to credit you as the creator of my base.

Edited by (insert name here)
SomeGuy86

I completely agree. I second that these should be pinned as a must-have for any GTA 3 modder. I'm having a complete field day adding as many cars as I want with whatever sound effects I want.

I was actually going to suggest that (with the permission of the creator of the plugins) Onepiece re-release all his cars bundled with the "VehicleAudioLoader" and "handling_adder" that way he can included all of his models and have them all use appropriate engine sounds (because frankly, the Cuban Hermes, Sabre Turbo, and Deluxo with that quiet slow car engine just don't work).

Jinx, are you the one who made the plugins, or did you just happen to have the links?

Reverting back to your original tailgate models seems to have fixed it, so I decided to scrap my models and start over. I noticed I had a TON of extra textures that had made their way into my door models from merging different things to make what I wanted. I'm currently in the process of rebuilding my models, and being careful not to end up with a massive glob of textures hanging out and doing nothing along the way.

Do you care if I release cars I make that are built off of your models (such as this hearse)? I'll be sure to credit you as the creator of my base.

Agreed, I was actually thinking something similar myself. The best way to preserve these plugins would be by including them with HD GTA cars, so even if the actual links disappear over time, they would still be available through HD cars mod. Along with the fact they would allow OnePiece to further develop HD models & be able to put all of them in GTA3 without the need to replace anything. So really, it's not that much off-topic after all :)

The plugins were done by the russians.

Yes, the author is indeed Russian & goes by the name of Vitlgt... So? (not sure I understand the point)

Jinx.

I answered (insert name here)'s question, lol.

Jeansowaty got them from IlyaKostygov.

Edited by Jinx.
SomeGuy86

You're right, my apologies. BTW, I wasn't blaming or accusing you, it just had me confused... Since I'm in a hurry, instead of reading through the entire thing, I've I glanced first couple of rows in order to address the issue of preserving the actual mod.

• Like 1
John McCarthy

Thanks a lot for the mod it's AMAZING have a cookie :cookie: but can you convert these to GTA V using its GTA V 's vehicle interior

Edited by John McCarthy

Does anyone know where I can nab the truck wheels seen here: http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/screens/gta3/cars/6105_screen27.jpg

Now that I've found out models can be added to default.ide after line 4000, I'm going to add in some more wheels as well, and I'd like to include this HD truck wheel Onepiece had made.

These wheels were originally made by OnePiece(HD version of "truck" wheels), and was uploaded as wheelpack separately. It was also included in first pack, maybe in 2nd too, i dont remember, it was long time ago. But, unfortunately, was replaced in final pack with much worse truck wheel from GTAIV. I don't know why, OnePiece never said anything about it, probably he prefered these ones, instead of the ones he made. So, if you want to get this wheel you have to find hd wheelpack or first pack of cars or maybe second(?).

SomeGuy86

Does anyone know where I can nab the truck wheels seen here: http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/screens/gta3/cars/6105_screen27.jpg

Now that I've found out models can be added to default.ide after line 4000, I'm going to add in some more wheels as well, and I'd like to include this HD truck wheel Onepiece had made.

Yes, you can indeed add more wheels into the game. Even without the limit adjuster, I've recently added all the Vice City wheels into III, along with existing ones from GTA3. Makes the game a lot more interesting IMHO, but you need to manually change the names inside the actual DFF model, so that the game doesn't confuse them with other model, original GTA3 wheels. Available IDs and examples are below:

83, wheel_sport_vc, generic, 2, 20, 70, 084, wheel_saloon_vc, generic, 2, 20, 70, 085, wheel_lightvan_vc, generic, 2, 20, 70, 086, wheel_classic_vc, generic, 2, 20, 70, 087, wheel_alloy_vc, generic, 2, 20, 70, 088, wheel_lighttruck_vc, generic, 2, 20, 70, 089, wheel_smallcar_vc, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0160, wheel_sport, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0161, wheel_saloon, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0162, wheel_lightvan, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0163, wheel_classic, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0164, wheel_alloy, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0165, wheel_lighttruck, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0166, wheel_smallcar, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0167, wheel_rim, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0168, wheel_offroad, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0169, wheel_truck, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0184, wheel_lightmod, generic, 2, 20, 70, 0

wheels.jpg wheels2.jpg wheels3.jpg wheels4.jpg

Edited by SomeGuy86
(insert name here)

These wheels were originally made by OnePiece(HD version of "truck" wheels), and was uploaded as wheelpack separately. It was also included in first pack, maybe in 2nd too, i dont remember, it was long time ago. But, unfortunately, was replaced in final pack with much worse truck wheel from GTAIV. I don't know why, OnePiece never said anything about it, probably he prefered these ones, instead of the ones he made. So, if you want to get this wheel you have to find hd wheelpack or first pack of cars or maybe second(?).

Thanks, I was able to find the original wheel pack. Honestly, I do prefer the wheels he included in his final release. But the variety is nice (especially since the truck wheels in the final release also make for good muscle car wheels).

Yes, you can indeed add more wheels into the game. Even without the limit adjuster, I've recently added all the Vice City wheels into III, along with existing ones from GTA3. Makes the game a lot more interesting IMHO, but you need to manually change the names inside the actual DFF model, so that the game doesn't confuse them with other model, original GTA3 wheels.

Heh, I'm actually just finishing up adding the Xbox version of the Vice City wheels to GTA 3. Granted, several of the Xbox VC wheels are absolutely hideous compared to the original PS2 VC wheels, but I can easily just not use those ones. Edited by (insert name here)

Thanks, I was able to find the original wheel pack. Honestly, I do prefer the wheels he included in his final release. But the variety is nice (especially since the truck wheels in the final release also make for good muscle car wheels).

You're welcome. It depends on the car, IMO the original HD truck wheel fitted better to most of the cars, and GTAIV ones just look stupid on some cars, for example Patriot or bigger Trucks(Flatbet, Barracs, Enforcer), while looking good on some lighter cars, like Mule or Yankee. Original wheel looks like big piece of metal that can hold big weights, while the IV ones look weaker. And I agree, it looks good on Cuban Hermes, but it looks good because its not looking like truck wheel. That's only my opinion ofc.

unopescio

Custom flames on the hermes? me gusta.

Its been a while since you guys have seen the savanna. Things have been going slow as usual Its going to be over the top detailed, way beyond my old and V standards, but if theres one thing Ive learnt in all my years its that you need to future proof your models or your wasting your time! most of my old pack is looking very 2009ish now. Transmission and front suspension+ a few details still incomplete. I feel like I could work pretty confidently on a real '64 impala at this point.

Screens taken in simple clay render from 3dsmax perspective view.

3iWmRTR.jpg

9t6OEeI.jpg

IYjz0o5.jpg

Edited by unopieceo
  • Like 13
(insert name here)

Savanna is looking beautiful. I can't wait until it's finished.

To me, the cars from the tri-pack have aged just fine, especially when I see screenshots of them placed into HD era games with decent lighting effects. Then again, all the videogames I play are from the PS2-era, so my opinion is probably behind the times.

Custom flames on the hermes? me gusta.

Yes, sir. I also made it so the paint grabs colors from the carcols.dat file instead of always being black:
h1v5VQS.gif

Secondary color changes the interior:
K1tZSpn.png

Dropbox download link for this tweaked version of the Onepiece's Cuban Hermes.

Edited by (insert name here)
  • Like 4
unopescio

Cool as I always wanted to do more optinal paintjobs and stuff for SA but never had time. @Phill the whole car including wheels is going to be around 125k the engine bay area is 19k

AwbjS4y.jpg

roNrh2e.jpg

• Like 14
John McCarthy

Piece are you going to make the savanna compatible with imvhft ?

Edited by John McCarthy
Silent

Too bad such a detailed car is not gonna play nice with SA oldschool rendering tech :(

Too bad such a detailed car is not gonna play nice with SA oldschool rendering tech :(

What about the MMGE 3? or xMakarusx's SA_Directx?

(insert name here)

Cool as I always wanted to do more optinal paintjobs and stuff for SA but never had time.

I doubt this is the most efficient way to do it, but I just took your model, cloned all the body surfaces, enlarged them just a tiny bit to bring them up over the existing ones, and gave them a different texture name. Then a custom paint job texture with any desired design (and transparency) can be placed in the TXD for the outer skin, and the regular Hermes texture can be used for the original skin underneath.

There's probably a more efficient way to do this, since my method effectively doubled the poly count of the body's surface. But since I'm not very good at modeling, this brought the customization into the texture instead, and Photoshop is where I my experience lies.

@Phill the whole car including wheels is going to be around 125k the engine bay area is 19k

Is that count just for undamaged components, or does it included damaged components as well. For fun, I tallied up the totals on the Oceanic (which I think is the most detailed one you've made up to this point). Counting only undamaged components, no extras, and including a set of four of the "VW" wheels, it came out to just over 81k. When I included all damaged components, extras, and the low poly version, it came out to about 115k. Edited by (insert name here)

I feel like I could work pretty confidently on a real '64 impala at this point.

9t6OEeI.jpg

Wow, I'm really impresssed with the details. I love how accurately you modeled the GM X-frame and the underbody in general. If you'd build a '64 you could probably use a lot this.

SilverRST

My carmodel with 847K polygones has no issues with my SA. It depents more of which GPU is used.