• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• unopescio

• yoječ

• 1TUFSS

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Onepiece's High Definition GTA3 cars 2007-2011       DOWNLOAD LINKS   Tri-Pack for III/Vice City Tri-Pack for San Andreas Tri-Pack for IV  

Yep I do it all with 3dsmax 9 (I need to update) and photoshop using Kams scripts for import and exporting. Anyway I got a little distracted last night and made a III style mustangish car, Im calling

The Stank is now available for download here! http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=27520           Things are also progressing with the technical details of the Savanna/Blade In

Guys, could someone else test it and confirm?

I dont have 3 on my PC installed, so i cannot check it, but i'll try to help you. Maybe you could try changing numbers in carcols to something different than 0/1, for example use 70(dark grey) instead of 0 and 79(very bright grey) instead of 1. Probably it won't look perfect, but still closer to original than the blue one ;) If it will work, you can go back to 0,1, maybe it will work then, who knows? You can also try to change colours through some mods, i remember there was a mod with this functionality, but i don't remember the name.

(insert name here)

I've got to start by saying that this mod is the best thing since sliced bread. Aside from the fact that it's amazing, the amount of time and dedication it took to complete it probably warrants some sort of reward.

My gushing aside, I do have a question...

I'm tweaking many of these models with gmax and Kam's DFF I/O script to suit my "version" of GTA 3 a little better, but I'm noticing that whenever I export a model where a primary color surface directly connects with a secondary color surface, the reflections end up all screwy like so:

cHoBbRKl.jpg

Does anyone have any idea what's happening that causes this?

It's strange. Here is enforcer and police with 0,1 carcols:

s_1455863026_8135021_c11ec89ab8.png

I even tried police 0,0 carcols:

s_1455863080_8446700_b632a7c559.png

Guys, could someone else test it and confirm?

I downloaded this mod about a year and a half ago and don't recall having this problem. However, I just went back and investigated my original download, and the beta police car does appear to have the light blue set as a fixed color:

YodY2zTm.png

If the car were to use the data from carcols.dat, the blue part of the model would need to be a bright green color instead, like so:

QVWU4xKm.png

So I must've changed the model myself to use both colors from carcol.dat? Though Onepiece says himself that his model works fine, so I'm not really sure. You can have my copy of the model with the right color texture applied if you'd like (assuming that's kosher with Onepiece and forum rules).

Edited by (insert name here)
  • Like 2

You can have my copy of the model with the right color texture applied if you'd like (assuming that's kosher with Onepiece and forum rules).

That would be awesome. If Onepiece will not mind, of course.

• Like 1

oops yeah you're right i checked the files i have on my PC and they're carcol compatible but somehow the release one got changed. i think i probably did it so people could install it with beta colors without having to mess around with carcols.dat ah well yeah go ahead and release it for people who want it :)

@(insert name here): the problem arises from the model being exported, imported then exported again you can fix it by separating the 2 problem materials and then re attaching them.

Edited by unopieceo
  • Like 2
(insert name here)

That would be awesome. If Onepiece will not mind, of course.

So I just re-downloaded the whole shebang from the link in the first post of this thread, and it seems that the police model is set up to use the carcol.dat for the primary color, so it looks like you might just need to re-download it to get what you want?

In my download from about a year and a half ago that has the fix blue color, the model also comes with a special set of wheels, so I'm not entirely sure where I got that...

If re-downloading it doesn't do the trick, I'll upload HD beta police model I have that uses carcols.dat.

@(insert name here): the problem arises from the model being exported, imported then exported again you can fix it by separating the 2 problem materials and then re attaching them.

Sweet, that seems to have done the trick. Thanks for the help!

So I just re-downloaded the whole shebang from the link in the first post of this thread, and it seems that the police model is set up to use the carcol.dat for the primary color, so it looks like you might just need to re-download it to get what you want?

In my download from about a year and a half ago that has the fix blue color, the model also comes with a special set of wheels, so I'm not entirely sure where I got that...

If re-downloading it doesn't do the trick, I'll upload HD beta police model I have that uses carcols.dat.

Yes, it works for me, thanks. I should have done it before, sorry for turmoil.

h_1455995368_3265111_32b940674e.jpg

Edited by qbic

Hi, I'm new to this thread but I've been following it since the beginning and I just wanna say, I love your mod OnePiece. Definitely enjoy playing GTA 3 with it. I decided to create an account so that I can ask a question pertaining to adding cars. I see you've added an Oceanic and Bloodring Banger recently. If I remember correctly, GTA 3 has a limit of 7 or 9 extra cars that we can add. So far I haven't added any other than the ones that came with your mod (but at the time, it didn't have the Oceanic or Banger so the slots you're using for those aren't occupied). But I do want to add one now and I would like to know which car ID I should use that doesn't have glitches or problems, as well as how I would go about adding it. The car in particular is the BMW M3 mod. 2 people created their own. One replaces the cheetah while the other's replaces the Infernus but I don't want to replace either cars. So which line can I use to add the car and how would I go about doing it?

As far as I can remember Ive used alllll the extra vehicle slots already in the tri-pack already, to install the oceanic you have to replace an old car. Yeah did some googling the unused vehicle IDE slots are as follows:

151: Car

152: Car

153: Car

154: Weird plane handling

155: Boat

156: Car

157: Car

158: Car

159: Boat

Adding a new vehicle is preeetty simple from memory you just have to make sure that

1. Your TXD and DFF installed to gta3.img

2. Your vehicle has its own line in carcols.dat

3. You have made a line for your new vehicle in default.ide using one of the IDE slots from above.

4. You have chosen a handling line in default.ide that corresponds to an existing one in handling.cfg you cant add your own handling lines from memory, but you can for example make the panlantic and the toyz use the ponys handling line and use those as you wish

5. You have added a collision file for your vehicle in vehicles.col (you dont even need to make your own with steveM's col editor you can just copy a similar sized vehicles collision file and rename it should suit your needs

6. Youve added a line for your vehicle in american.gxt using a GXT editor. Actually I dont think this step is necessary, just the name of your car wont look right unless you do this.

Thanks OnePiece. I managed to make it work. Just one thing though, the BMW M3 GTR mod car I'm using already has its own custom rims. Unfortunately, depending on which car's handling file I use, it ends up getting that car's wheels. In other words, it fuses one of your wheels with the mod car's custom wheels. Anyway I can get around that and not have it use the existing car's wheels and only the mod car's wheels? It doesn't make the car unplayable or anything, mind you. The wheels end up looking silly though. The car creator's mod itself has a problem that I'm guessing has nothing to do with handling since it crashes the game whenever the car crashes headfirst into anything. That's a problem I don't expect you to solve though. EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out. I used Dmagic1's wheel mod. Although now I realize and see that the car mod creator used some pretty small wheels for the BMW M3.

Edited by IggyWolf

DimZet13 have cleo script in his d-box, which replaces 154 and 159 id with car handling

With this script I have Echo, Civilian Cabbie, Hermes, Sabre, Cuted Stretch, Deluxo, Cuban Hermes, Oceanic and Z-Type in game without replacing any original cars.

You can try it, it's name - NewCarFix.cs.

Edited by qbic

Or you can get some scripts that lets you add as many cars as you want (also with new handling lines and customizable sounds), but you would have to get the 1.1 EXE. I started with ID 4000 then added over 20 cars.

Edited by Jinx.

Or you can get some scripts that lets you add as many cars as you want (also with new handling lines and customizable sounds), but you would have to get the 1.1 EXE. I started with ID 4000 then added over 20 cars.

So, it's possible to merge aircraft and additional cars. Awesome.

Here are the links, in case anybody wants them. They may be useful for some peeps around here:

• Like 2

Thanks OnePiece. I managed to make it work. Just one thing though, the BMW M3 GTR mod car I'm using already has its own custom rims. Unfortunately, depending on which car's handling file I use, it ends up getting that car's wheels. In other words, it fuses one of your wheels with the mod car's custom wheels. Anyway I can get around that and not have it use the existing car's wheels and only the mod car's wheels? It doesn't make the car unplayable or anything, mind you. The wheels end up looking silly though. The car creator's mod itself has a problem that I'm guessing has nothing to do with handling since it crashes the game whenever the car crashes headfirst into anything. That's a problem I don't expect you to solve though. EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out. I used Dmagic1's wheel mod. Although now I realize and see that the car mod creator used some pretty small wheels for the BMW M3.

Car maker made properly sized wheels, its your fault that they are so small ;) You need to change numbers in last slot, in vehicle.ide that's wheel scale parameter. Im not 100% sure its that slot, could be other one, but for sure its in vehicle.ide, if it's not that slot then google it, i remember only that it was like XXX and that was wheel type(there is special number (probably 259 but im not sure, you have to check it) for wheels attached to the model, and this one you should use), and XXX and that was size. Change it in your added car line ofc. Whole line for vehicle.ide should be included in readme files of this mod. You can just paste last number of it and fit it to your line, or just try to adjust it manually(needs few tries) if the line in readme don't exist. About game crashing when crashing(^^) its, 100% sure, because of incorrect .col model, you have to change it to something that fits better, and then test it, if it's not crashing then, you picked the fitting one, if not try some other one(the best should be the one that was originally the car swap, because it was choosen by creator so it probably fits the best).

Actually he didn't, cause he meant for the user to simply replace the cheetah with his car, so all he included was a txd and dff file, like most early car mods. Like I said, his isn't even optimized since the car crashing headfirst into anything causes the game to crash, cause apparently he didn't create a damage parameter and model for the hood. I know this cause whenever I blow up the car, the hood and trunk continue to stay on it. And crashing headfirst doesn't crash the game right away, but only after it starts smoking a bit, then any further crashes freeze the game. I actually also thought it was a bad .col file at first, but I've already played around by using the infernus's, cheetah's, banshee's, and stinger's .col file. It crashes with all of them. Even the cheetah, which he meant for his car to replace. As for the wheels, I used Dmagic1's wheel mod. As far as I can tell, it simply allows custom wheels without the default ones fusing and interfering with the mod creator's wheels. So before I used the mod, his wheels would be a normal size but only because the original default GTA wheels fused with his. Upon removal of that wheel by creating a custom wheel file in the default.ide, the car reverted to simply using his custom wheels, which apparently are small. So he himself never really scaled the wheels properly. All other handling lines in the .ide I can assume are responsible for the handling.cfg file and its parameters.

This is the mod: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=25487.

I actually wanted to install and try this one first: http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta3/cars/81105-bmw-m3-e46-gtr-nfsmw-edition-2004/ but unfortunately, when I did, and I did use all the correct handling lines and .col files, the game ended up stuttering, and crashing whenever I would try to enter a different island. I don't even think the car itself ever spawned but its excessive use of polygons might have caused the memory to start leaking. I know in the pictures it looks like it was meant for Vice City but if you look in the left corner, you'll see its the GTA III car mods sections.

Edited by IggyWolf

Actually he didn't, cause he meant for the user to simply replace the cheetah with his car, so all he included was a txd and dff file, like most early car mods. Like I said, his isn't even optimized since the car crashing headfirst into anything causes the game to crash, cause apparently he didn't create a damage parameter and model for the hood. I know this cause whenever I blow up the car, the hood and trunk continue to stay on it. And crashing headfirst doesn't crash the game right away, but only after it starts smoking a bit, then any further crashes freeze the game. I actually also thought it was a bad .col file at first, but I've already played around by using the infernus's, cheetah's, banshee's, and stinger's .col file. It crashes with all of them. Even the cheetah, which he meant for his car to replace. As for the wheels, I used Dmagic1's wheel mod. As far as I can tell, it simply allows custom wheels without the default ones fusing and interfering with the mod creator's wheels. So before I used the mod, his wheels would be a normal size but only because the original default GTA wheels fused with his. Upon removal of that wheel by creating a custom wheel file in the default.ide, the car reverted to simply using his custom wheels, which apparently are small. So he himself never really scaled the wheels properly. All other handling lines in the .ide I can assume are responsible for the handling.cfg file and its parameters.

This is the mod: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=25487.

I actually wanted to install and try this one first: http://www.gtainside.com/en/gta3/cars/81105-bmw-m3-e46-gtr-nfsmw-edition-2004/ but unfortunately, when I did, and I did use all the correct handling lines and .col files, the game ended up stuttering, and crashing whenever I would try to enter a different island. I don't even think the car itself ever spawned but its excessive use of polygons might have caused the memory to start leaking. I know in the pictures it looks like it was meant for Vice City but if you look in the left corner, you'll see its the GTA III car mods sections.

Looks like you don't understand how it works. In your vehicle line in vehicles.ide, there are 2 slots(Im 90% sure, that they are last two slots of numbers divided by comma), first one is wheel type(you can choose few original, and there is a special number for wheels attached to the model), and the second one is scale. This one you can adjust manually(to get the size you want), if maker didn't included correct size numbers/whole line with mod. If you still dont get it, then copy here whole your vehicle line here, and I'll tell you what to do.

About the crash, yes probably its something with the model(there is a comment in this mod page, with same problem), if you tried few .col models and there is no difference. So you have to fix something in model file(.dff), but i cannot help you with that, because i know only the basics about modifying it. I just thought, maybe you could try using Stallion .col(looks like the closest looking one), who knows maybe it will fit?

@Rail11. Yeah, thanks. I already fixed the wheel problem. I basically did as you suggested and tried scaling the wheels. Thankfully, I got it on my 2nd try. @qbic. Thanks for the d box. It came with a lot of other useful CLEO mods. Unfortunately, while I'm certain the NewCarFix.cs file worked, my problem seems to be with my GTA 3 game itself. When I had tried to add and install the HD Echo and Oceanic, it gave me the same problem as that other BMW M3 GTR car mod. I don't know whether it's because the Oceanic and BMW M3 GTR were originally Vice City Cars (obviously can't be the problem since the game works fine for me with OnePiece's other Vice City cars). Or because my game has reached a memory and polygon limit. I do have a lot of mods for it. Although it's interesting that the crashes related to the car mod and any map mods I try to add (other than the only one I did, which was the Highway and State of Liberty map mod) seem to cause an "Unhandled Exception" error. I know GTA 3 has a limit on how many unique models and map mods it can have, and maybe perhaps I've reached that limit. Even though the Oceanic and HD Echo cars are OnePiece's and he's quite conservative with polygons compared to other car mod creators. The map mods immediately cause my game to crash upon start. Trying to add more cars than I already have resulted in the game stuttering in-game and crashing whenever I try to leave to any other island (loading between islands). While I initially installed the game through Steam, I had replaced the EXE with the original 1.1 version instead of Steam's. That allowed the CLEO mods to work, and to its credibility, most of them do. I don't know what my current problem is.

(insert name here)

Here are the links, in case anybody wants them. They may be useful for some peeps around here:

This is awesome! I can't tell you how much time I've had to spend rearranging cars to ensure cars I add have a fitting engine sound whilst not making any of the existing cars sound weird (which then consequently results in a number of other game features getting messed up). Now I can move everything back to its original line.

I've got the vehicle audio loader working, but I can't seem to get the handling adder or the IDE line adder to work. Handling adder crashes before the main menu. And with the IDE line adder, the game still crashes on the loading screen if I add new cars (I started by trying to move a working car from line 157 to 4000, just to test it out). Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm running the 1.1 EXE.

I don't know. Did you try on a clean game aswell? Did you add the .asi files in mss folder?

Are you still interested in this? Seems to be easy for me.

It does look good in III, but best in IV. Hopefully it'll see V some day soon.

180904-GTAIV-2014-04-23-19-36-34-98.jpg

Edited by _CP_
(insert name here)

I don't know. Did you try on a clean game aswell? Did you add the .asi files in mss folder?

Ah, forgot to test with a clean install. Yeah, it looks like one of my other mods is interfering with with the handling adder, so I'll have to figure that one out on my own. That aside, I decided to try adding an oceanic on line 4000 in default.ide, and to my sruprise it worked without the IDE line adder mod. All it needs is the vehicle audio loader to add proper engine sounds. Additionally, I tested 4001, 4002, 4003, and 4010, and they all worked as well, so it looks like once you go high enough there are still many car slots available without any mods.

I also didn't realize ASI mods could be placed in the MSS folder. I've always put them in the main directory that contains the EXE.

EDIT: Figured out my problem with the handling adder. It seems it was taking issue with my specific handling.cfg. I alphabetized the names of the cars a long time ago for easy editing, and I'm guessing that was screwing with the way it read the file.

Does anyone know why my game might be crashing due to starting a vigilante mission? I just noticed lately that I'm having trouble starting a vigilante mission without the game crashing, and it's never done that before. In fact, it gives me that same "Unhandled Execption" error. I know I was tinkering around with the handling and default.ide files when trying to install the BMW but I know I never touched any part of the Police Car, Tank, FBI Car, or Enforcer. EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. Turns out, for some reason, Silent's GTA 3 patch version 1.1 seems to cause the Vigilante mission to crash the game. Someone else had already even mentioned it on his mod. Hopefully he's on here and will notice this post.

Edited by IggyWolf

Please, upload these to gtagarage or somewhere but thegtaplace. It says it's a virus everytime I try to download anything from there.

This mod is awesome, however, im having some issues when replacing the Vice City cars. The cars themselves work great, but after i replace the cars in the img file, rebuild the archive and enable ENB on, it messes the textures on the pedestrians somehow, no matter wich ENB settings i use. Ive reinstalled the game couple of times and ENB was not making any problems with the peds until i replaced the cars every time. The cars work fine with the exact same ENB settings on GTA 3 by the way, dunno why the ped textures get all bugged on VC. Any clue as to what could cause this? http://imgur.com/l9oq27Y

Hey guys and

unopieceo

I'm working on a mod by Pistucas Mods. Your cars are amazing but I need some effects of snow in them.I couldn't did that and it the same in all of them, in all glasses.

Thaks for reading :D

(insert name here)

Alright, I'm going nuts here. I'm making a hearse based off the HD Perennial, and everything was going alright for the most part until I got to the back door. The top of the hearse is assigned the secondary color, so I went to change the top of the rear door to match. However, if I have both an "ok" rear door and a "dam" rear door, the secondary color on all parts of the car is lost and reverts to white in the game. To make matters more confusing, when previewing the car in GGMM, the secondary color does appear. And if I import the DFF back into gmax, the secondary color is still present on the model. Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this?

I have a bit of a problem here. Everytime I do install the mod I go to save. And the save works, but the problem is loading a game. When I load a game it crashes. After I installed the mod.