4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Resolution Errors

DemonSeeker

I tried everything to changes my GTA VC res. Downloaded v1.1 patch, still error appears when changign res. 7 Times Installed and crashes again when changign res. EVERYTHING TRIED, WHAT SHALL I DO? CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE SEND ME A gta_vc.set with 1024x768x16 set file? PLS PLS! cryani.gif

This is my PC:

AMD Sempron 2500+

nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (Latest Drivers)

AsRock K7VT4A Pro

768 MB RAM

C-Media Audio Device

Monitor Supports 1024x768 res

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLS? cryani.gif

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE SEND ME A gta_vc.set with 1024x768x16 set file? PLS PLS!

Sorry, that file is not transferable, as it stores the specs of the PC on which it was created. If you use a .set file from some other PC, the game will refuse to run.

Could you explain what exactly is the problem that your experiencing? Do you get an error message?

error appears when changign res. 7 Times Installed and crashes again when changign res

Try to delete [.set] file. And for some reason my GTA: Vice City crashes for me now when I attempt to use Windows 98 compatibility mode on a Windows XP OS, but not Vista. Try to change the compatibility to Windows XP (meaning that you turn off compatibility mode).

Also, I hope you don't have mods and trainers running at the same time. And please don't type in cheatcodes while inside the main menu.

Anyway, I sent you a PM about you having to upload yuor [.set] file to me. It's the only way to know if it is a driver problem or not.

Edited by Ring_of_Fire
I tried everything to changes my GTA VC res. Downloaded v1.1 patch, still error appears when changign res. 7 Times Installed and crashes again when changign res. EVERYTHING TRIED, WHAT SHALL I DO? CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE SEND ME A gta_vc.set with 1024x768x16 set file? PLS PLS! cryani.gif

This is my PC:

AMD Sempron 2500+

nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (Latest Drivers)

AsRock K7VT4A Pro

768 MB RAM

C-Media Audio Device

Monitor Supports 1024x768 res

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME PLS? cryani.gif

Doesn't sound like a performance thing to me, try changing your graphics card drivers, rolling back or something.

Sorry, that file is not transferable, as it stores the specs of the PC on which it was created. If you use a .set file from some other PC, the game will refuse to run.

Heh, demonseeker emailed me his [.set] file to me and I could still change resolutions and run Vice City flawlessly!

Its really sad to play GTA VC on 640x480x16.

Its so cool game, damn! Why this happens?

You emailed me your [.set] file so you should now where it is located. Try to delete [.se] file, keep the comaptibility on Windows XP (turn off compatibility mode) and change the resolution.

Eeee, never know I was good at troubleshooting computers... confused.gif

I was a afraid that you would have to use 3d-Analyze to fix your problem. A member named "Cray" had that issue, and was solved by using 3D-Analyae. Bleh..

I have a huge problem with GTA VC: When I play, I put the frmae limiter off and the resolution of the game in 640x480x32, because the x32 avoids the effect of sky moving and splitting ( this occured in x16 reslutions), but I still have problems with the screen in the game, since the clock disappears or blinks a lot, so I never can know what time is it in the game (I have problems to make Hyman Stadium task because of that, for example). Also when its raining in the game and I walk or drive near the water, the water effect mixes with the street and can't see the road well, I crash easily because of this. But the worst part of the problem is that I CAN'T SEE the glooming pink circles that trigger the action in the game, neither the colored circles in the air when doing missions (for example I have many problem in completing PCJ Playground since I can't see the aqua colored circles in the iar or floor). I AM DESPERATED. I it crazily difficult to complete missions because of these errors. When I play I use a resolution of 60X480 for the computer screen, 16bit colors, no compability mode, RAM memory of 512MB, (I don't know what drivers or video card I got, I think I need a software to scan these functions), I have Windows XP. Oh, by the way, the GTA VC version I have is a ripped version I got from the web, I got a package with many UHA files with an Unpak.bat application and other things. This version is known for non-functionl radio station and no sound videos. I also got RefreshForce but I don't know how to use it, anyway I don't think it will work at all. HELP PLEASE, IF IS THERE ANT PARTCH, SOFTWARE FOR RESOLUTION OR SOMETHINS I CAN USE TO SOLVE THESE, UPLOAD IT AND TELL ME HOW TO USE IT. cry.gif