Episodic Content

Effy in Chains

Effy in Chains

What will the 2 exclusive episodic content packages be for the Xbox 360? Will it be new islands and missions, or will it be small stuff like clothes and guns?

I'm really confused what will be in the episodic content?!

Edit: I want it to be a new island for each with new missions, guns, cars and clothes.

Edited by Kalasinn

Zs936OL.gif

they have said it wont just be your normal new car/weapons dlc but hours of new gameplay (thats all we know)

EDIT: i would imagine they would include new side missions cars and weapons as well we cant be sure though

Edited by oysterbarron

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Think about Half-Life 2, who had Half-Life: Episode One and Half-Life: Episode Two as expansions of the original game, most likely i think the episodic content will be like that.

Effy in Chains
they have said it wont just be your normal new car/weapons dlc but hours of new gameplay (thats all we know)

EDIT: i would imagine they would include new side missions cars and weapons as well we cant be sure though

Hours of gameplay sounds good, but i hope we get new islands or at least new buildings in the city.

Zs936OL.gif

I don't understand why everyone wants new islands. Do we really need Vice City yet? (Just an example btw. let's not start that whole debate rolleyes.gif) Liberty City is going to be so huge and detailed, that every area and building that isn't used for story content in the core game will be ripe for turning into new missions for the expansions. However, it's possible they could modify the map. Say they "demolish" a building, and it turns into a construction site, or something.

And yeah, we'll probably also see new vehicles, weapons, and clothes, etc. added on top of all the new missions.

But it's all just wild speculation until we get some hard details from Rockstar.

Snake Without a Tongue

No way will there be new islands. That's just... no. But hours of extra gameplay... sweet.

New telephone assassination missions. Seasonal missions released around public holidays. Vercetti, Fido, CJ skins. That kind of thing I reckon.

No way will there be new islands. That's just... no. But hours of extra gameplay... sweet.

They could add staunton island as a bonus as they had allready mapped it and took it out of the game.

perfect place for a mansion when niko finally makes it to the big time in the second DLC

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

I don't think it's a new island either although they could have missions as Roman or one of Nico's enemies which would be easier for rockstar to do than a new island.

it will be just a heap of new missions to continue from the end....

maybe they mite add new guns n cars to change the scene a bit

CarpetDweller

MY CRAZY DLC IDEAS:

Speculating wildly with no basis in reality and NO I don't really expect these:

A. (new maps and missions)

Expansion pack 1 = Vice City

Expansion pack 2 = San Andreas.

Both are completely remade to the same standards as the new LC and each comes complete with a new protagonist & a full storyline made up of 200 missions + side missions.

B. (no new areas)

Expansion pack 1 = GTAIII

Expansion pack 2 = LCS

These incorporate the characters and missions featured in the last generation games and place then in the current LC.

C. (new maps & missions)

Expansion pack 1 = Staunton Island (Staten island)

Expansion pack 2 = Aldernay expansion (larger area based on more of New Jersey).

Each comes with 30 missions revolving around minor characters in GTAIV.

D. (new maps + missions that expand on Niko's story)

Expansion pack 1 = Prequel set 1 year ago in a fictional eastern european city. Niko's home

Expansion pack 2 = Sequel. Following the events of IV Niko returns home.

E.

Expansion pack 1 = (multiplayer only) Staunton Island. 8 new vehicles. 6 new weapons. Customizable character.

Expansion pack 2 = More new clothes. More side missions.

F.

Expansion pack 1 = Another 100 hidden packages to find.

Expansion pack 2 = And another 100.

G.

Expansion pack 1 = "Marriage" (Niko get hitched)

Expansion pack 2 = "Pets" (Niko gets a dog).

Yeah, I'm running out of ideas.

@ oysterbarron -

When did they say they mapped Staunton, then took it out?

Edited by carpetdweller
user posted image

MY CRAZY DLC IDEAS:

Speculating wildly with no basis in reality and NO I don't really expect these:

A. (new maps and missions)

Expansion pack 1 = Vice City

Expansion pack 2 = San Andreas.

Both are completely remade to the same standards as the new LC and each comes complete with a new protagonist & a full storyline made up of 200 missions + side missions.

B. (no new areas)

Expansion pack 1 = GTAIII

Expansion pack 2 = LCS

These incorporate the characters and missions featured in the last generation games and place then in the current LC.

C. (new maps & missions)

Expansion pack 1 = Staunton Island (Staten island)

Expansion pack 2 = Aldernay expansion (larger area based on more of New Jersey).

Each comes with 30 missions revolving around minor characters in GTAIV.

D. (new maps + missions that expand on Niko's story)

Expansion pack 1 = Prequel set 1 year ago in a fictional eastern european city. Niko's home

Expansion pack 2 = Sequel. Following the events of IV Niko returns home.

G.

Expansion pack 1 = "Marriage" (Niko get hitched)

Expansion pack 2 = "Pets" (Niko gets a dog).

Will never happen.

Your E. and your F. ideas were alright, except for the Stauton Island part. Anyway, there not going to make a whole new island, protagonist and sell it as 'Episodic Content'. Come on, that's just stupid. They will make a whole new game and sell it.

GTA3Freak-2001

Well we have to remember MS paid 50mil for this, they will want to make some money out of it so I expect more then your standard extra content.

Probably new missions.

Probably not new maps, but possibly new interiors and stores with new stuff to buy.

How about: Airplanes! yeah!

It would make sense to put the PSP "Stories" team on making episodic stories content for IV. They've already done all that work making a whole city and world, so get more mileage out of it making more things to do in it.

They may be able to start a whole new episodic model like a TV series.

Well we have to remember MS paid 50mil for this, they will want to make some money out of it so I expect more then your standard extra content.

yeah the money will push R* to make alot more stuff for download

R* could make some extra money off everyone who bought the PS3 version and ends up having to buy the 360 version also if the DLC is really good.

Making the DLC exclusive was a great idea. They could get the money hat without shutting out sales from one console, but it's enough of an incentive to sway it for anyone who has both consoles or is trying to decide which one to get.

PS3 will also have extra content, without a doubt, if Rockstar doesn't do this, they risk losing their loyalty fanbase. If they don't make extra content for PS3, I know I'll never buy a GTA product again.

R* could make some extra money off everyone who bought the PS3 version and ends up having to buy the 360 version also if the DLC is really good.

Making the DLC exclusive was a great idea. They could get the money hat without shutting out sales from one console, but it's enough of an incentive to sway it for anyone who has both consoles or is trying to decide which one to get.

you must be a 360 owner?

ps3 owners have been getting shafted lately.

For 50 million f*cking bucks, you can bet your ass it'll be more than just a few new cars and skins.

As for the PS3 owners: cryani.gif.

user posted image

Well PS3 owners will get something better than xbox owners...... Glitch free, more graphics, and better gameplay in the real game!!!! icon13.gif

Edited by rap1800

AngelArchHunter
PS3 owners will get something better than xbox owners...... A glitch free, more graphics, and better gameplay in the real game!!!! icon13.gif

why whould they both consoles will be fairly equal.

the xbox gets exclusive content but the ps3 im sure would get something almost as good.

user posted image

GTA3Freak-2001
PS3 owners will get something better than xbox owners...... A glitch free, more graphics, and better gameplay in the real game!!!! icon13.gif

Oh the real game, yes folks we poor 360 owners will be getting a imaginary version of the game!

Oh the real game, yes folks we poor 360 owners will be getting a imaginary version of the game!

Just imagine the modding possibilities we'll have! cool.gif

Edit: Hmm, that was offtopic wasn't it?

Umm, I think the DLC / EC will be similar to that of a "Stories" game add-on. By that I mean two new stories with new characters etc.

After you download them, you could 'deactivate' IV's main story/characters and play the new ones on the same map. Maybe one of them could have you play as Lil' Jacob (long before Niko arrived) and have Roman make an appearance (since they're good friends) and just have the story revolve around Jacob's personal struggle/whatever.

Or, maybe they could do that with one of the "episodes" and the other one could be a cars/weapons/interiors pack.

That would be cool. smile.gif

Edited by Supreme.

My expectation is new missions and alterations to the map to show passage of time, new stuff (music, radio, vehicles, weapons, clothes, people). At the most, change will be on the scale of what was new in the PSP GTAs compared to GTA3 and Vice City.

If there are ever next-gen versions of Vice City or San Andreas they'd be completely separate games because it would take years to remake those maps to GTA4 standards.

Well PS3 owners will get something better than xbox owners...... Glitch free, more graphics, and better gameplay in the real game!!!! icon13.gif

Lol, glitch free. Sure, sure. More graphics? Wow. Just...wow. More. Not necessarily better, but more! Whatever the f*ck that means. And better gameplay...in the real game. Jesus f*cking Christ dude, give yourself a cookie, because it's the least you can do for providing us with all these laughs. user posted image

More on the DLC: Anyone remember back in 2005 they said that LCS would have some downloadable content? And then in the final game many things were missing...who knows, maybe Staunton will show up as DLC. But I don't think so. I mean we really can't tell at this point, but like the other guy said it'll most likely be closer to Half Life: Episode One and Two.

user posted image

HAAHAHHA...... Yall took the bait and now Im reelin in some fish..... Chill, the DLC will be good if not great (gamepro this month stated that each episode would be about 10 hrs of gameplay)........anywho im personaly waiting for the comp ver of gta to be release with endless mods and what not.....goodnight suckas! lol.gif

Heh, that's a pretty damn good imitation of the average PS3 owner/fanbitch. Yeah I wonder if somehow MS will release the DLC through their Windows Live thing or whatever.

user posted image

PS3 will also have extra content, without a doubt, if Rockstar doesn't do this, they risk losing their loyalty fanbase. If they don't make extra content for PS3, I know I'll never buy a GTA product again.

I'd never switch to the other side! Xbox is the Devil. devil.gif