CRASH after buying property

silenscer

Hello people, for some ODD (REALLY ODD) reason, When I buy property in san andreas, the game says "Property bought!", the theme music plays, then I get taken out of the game with a black screen at the top left hand corner of my screen, and it says that there was an error in the gta_sa.exe. what is the problem?

WinXP,SP2.

ATI Radeon X300 xpress.

Intel Pentium 4 HT.

1GB RAM.

umm... If no one has a solution... Could you help me make a save file, (I DON'T CARE ABOUT CHEATING) but just get all the properties? No need to do missions and stuff... Thank you.

facedesk.gifanuj_cop.gif

Try deleting the [.set] file in My Document / GTA San Andreas user file.

And try Windows 98 compatiblity mode.

Have you modded your game?

You'll not find a save with all properties purchased coz they aren't available from the start. Only the LS properties are available at the start of a new game.

I have like 5 mods installed...

One or more of those mods is your culprit.

Here's what to do:

1. Uninstall the game. Delete any leftover folders manually.

2. Delete the set file from the User Files folder.

3. Reinstall the game.

4. If you want those mods, install them one by one and find out which mod or mods cause your game to crash. Once found, do not install that mod ever.

Go to My Document --> GTA San Andreas user files ; in this folder you'll find a file called " gta_sa.set " , delete that file.

Edited by Naseem Srour

Can I move the .set file instead? What is that set file anyway?

Why would you want to move it? You can just delete it. Don't worry, it'll be regenerated when you start the game again.

Could you help me make a save file, (I DON'T CARE ABOUT CHEATING) but just get all the properties? No need to do missions and stuff... Thank you.

Try these scripts .

But I didn't try them.

Two years ago, I found a save file, it's from the beginning and all the properties are purchased wow.gif . But sorry I don't remember where mad.gif .

Edited by Naseem Srour

ok. What is it?

The set file stores your in-game settings and your hardware settings. So, if you have changed any hardware or uninstalled any mods and your game doesn't work, then you have to delete the set file.

the set file thing not working.

EDIT: I found a save file with all property purchased! But then need to restart the game... I still prefer to solve the problem...

Edited by silenscer

Post the save and the script mod you are using and I'm sure someone will just buy them all on their pc, Then rehost the save for you to download.