ipl problem

blazevski

inst

18999, island, 0, 235.802 , -2352.92 , -30.4102, 0, 0, 186, 1, -1

end

enex

end

^this is my ipl file and far as I know the 186 value is supossed to be z rotation, but no matter how I change it the model wont rotate... whats the damn problem?

From the Wiki for Item Placement

GTASA format:id, name, int, x, y, z, rx, ry, rz, rw, lodrx, ry, rz, rw   Item rotations. Defined as quaternion, quite sophisticated math is needed to translate it to Euler angles. A map editing program should be used to edit these.

I've been using MEd to place my objects. It can handle the rotations properly, and every ends up where it should.

well I am also having hard time using map editor... whenever I edit something and than save it I sometimes get the right result, but the ipl file doesnt get edited so i cant share files... confused.gif so I use med only for finding out which file uses which ipl and ide...

Strange, I was MEd just last night and it created a new IPL file for me. It even added the reference in gta.dat so the game would find it. Seemed straight forward enough:

From the IPL Tab hit New File, give it a name, and click save - this should create a working empty IPL file. Next step is to select the new IPL, then hit the New button in the object box, go through all the motions of placing an object, then come back to that Save button again. Viewing the new IPL then shows the object listed in the object window.

I quit MEd because I can't run it at the same time as San Andreas, loaded up an old save, and found my objects where MEd placed them, so I went and found my IPL file (really easy since I made a folder under data\maps\ just for all my edits), copied the text, and pasted it into the forum where my buddy could get at the settings to make changes in his custom IPL.

So... is seems pretty close to what you are trying to do. Perhaps there's a step listed that'll be the clue you need to get things working. Sorry, I'm not very skilled this process yet - just getting started myself, so some of the details may be a bit off.

actually I prefer create my own ipl without med, but from now on Ill be using med for rotation cuz i figured whats the problem... med only detects difference if you delete/add files, otherways it doesnt and has nothing to save... so I edit the rotation, duplicateobject, delete old and save and it saves the change...

thx for help... Ill try show pics of my creation once I get time biggrin.gif

lmao! Steve actually invented this too... didnt even think something like this could exsist otherways I'd search google fo it... thx fo this... I will prefer use this now tounge.gif

What about right click the IPL file in the list of med and click save in med?

No need to duplicate, delete blah etc.

I never knew this right mb feature exsists, but now I tried finding it very quickly but didn't get any luck, but that doesnt bother me now anymore cuz Ima gunna use rotation calculator... and I agree with both: med is buggy and I like it done by hand smile.gif