Spore.

XBOXLOVER

Are you a Sims fan? If so you will love Spore (most likely). How about we talk about spore because I'm bored and I can't wait for Spore.

I remember looking at this game years ago, and then it being a lost cause ever since. I want some news on this game, as it really does look awesome.

9zkgc.png

I cant wait for it.Too bad it only comes out on PC so it will be

Looooaaaaaaddddiiiinnnnnggggg...ssseeeelllleeeecccctt aaaa ccclllaassss

My PC wont have a good config for it. sad.gif

Woah, this game lives on. I remember being in the same boat as Vin and not hearing from it in ages. Glad it's well on the way though, the game sounds ace.

I cant wait for it.Too bad it only comes out on PC so it will be

Looooaaaaaaddddiiiinnnnnggggg...ssseeeelllleeeecccctt aaaa ccclllaassss

My PC wont have a good config for it. sad.gif

Will the PC specs be really high? Cause i want this game

This game will have endless expansions

Edited by GTAvanja

GTA3Freak-2001

Yeah its been a game that I think has slipped many people's minds from lack of any solid news, its a bit sad since from all accounts it seems to be still all systems go for a Spring release.

I think it should be great, its about time a fresh and truly sandbox style game came out that wasn't The Sims and its hundreds of expansions. Infact I'd go as far as saying Spore will be today's equivalent of the original Sim City. I mean Spore is taking Sim City's idea and expanding it to all areas from microbes to full space faring creatures all allowing the player full control on everything.

I want this game so badly. I'm a huge sim fan. And I've been waiting for the next evolution in the series.

Hyped up to be better than it ever actually will be. It's not complete freedom, it's linear as hell with piss-take dynamics.

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

Hyped up to be better than it ever actually will be. It's not complete freedom, it's linear as hell with piss-take dynamics.

Aye, that's why i'm laying low on reading about Spore, because it should be at least good.

If not, we can always call it Bore.

No dough this post will get questions and and maybe even some fighting.

I don't think it looked that good. Sure, it's interesting, but it seems to be trying to play the role of pacman/3rd person action/adventure/simulation/RTS etc. all at once. Jack of all trades, master of none, ya? It seems like once you've played through it once there won't be that much variation or depth aside from cosmetic changes. EmSixTeen x2.

Well I play The Sims 2 alot. So I'm used to that kinda thing. Plus the Sims 2 dosn't have a story at all. And have you even wacthed the demo? Once you reach space phaze It's sort of like the sims.

Either this thing is gonna end up in development hell or it's not gonna come close to expectations.

user posted image

Wow where did all the haters come from? I think this game looks awesome, though I'm a big fan of most of the Sim games.

9QRzUfn.gif?1

I think he meant the development hell it went through.

As for Spore, I can't wait. Without knowing what it was, I clicked on a video during one of those E3 or GDC crazes, and was stunned. We're talking Will Wright, who's one of my favorite developers, so I think if anyone can pull it off, its him.

Metal up your ass!

Wow where did all the haters come from? I think this game looks awesome, though I'm a big fan of most of the Sim games.

It's not that it doesn't look awesome, it's that it is being over hyped to sh*t.

At least Peter Molyneux isn't at the helm.

It's not that it doesn't look awesome, it's that it is being over hyped to sh*t.

At least Peter Molyneux isn't at the helm.

Poor Peter. If he were in charge, we'd get a game that has four pre-set species you can be, and only half a solar system with no other life. And he'd cut the Cell and City games out.

Metal up your ass!

GTA3Freak-2001

Overhyped? Are you sure you aren't talking about Halo 3?

I don't see how its going to be linear, I mean is Sim City linear because it forces you to build a city? Its how you go through this set path that makes it truly a sandbox. I guess Spore is going to be for the gamers who enjoy Sim City and the Sims and not everyone enjoys playing them.

I don't see how its going to be linear, I mean is Sim City linear because it forces you to build a city? Its how you go through this set path that makes it truly a sandbox. I guess Spore is going to be for the gamers who enjoy Sim City and the Sims and not everyone enjoys playing them.

It's more the "go anywhere; do anything" mentality which surrounds the game, i'm not saying it's going to be bad, it just has that chance of being bland.

Even so, I am greatly waiting for spore to come out, because it does have massive potential.

I just hope it reaches within 80% of that potential barrier. biggrin.gif

It's more the "go anywhere; do anything" mentality which surrounds the game, i'm not saying it's going to be bad, it just has that chance of being bland.

Even so, I am greatly waiting for spore to come out, because it does have massive potential.

I just hope it reaches within 80% of that potential barrier. biggrin.gif

What if it reached within 100% of it's potential?

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.