Need help with telnet 23

thugofliberty

thugofliberty

Hi guys. I'm currently into a game called Achaea (achaea.com), it's a MUD from the 90s and it's actually weirdly addicting. Problem:

I connect through telnet port 23 properly when I'm at home and when I'm using my university internet connection... problem is... I can't seem to connect when I'm using my laptop in school (using their connection)... but when I go to the school library I'm able to access it just fine. Any ideas? I'd provide more information but I doubt alot of us here play MUDs.

Cheers.

Also... I'm using Vista... and yes, I've turned my firewalls off already to the point where there's no security (only for a short time) to see if I can connect.. and nothing.

Fozzy Fozborne

University firewalls block a huge amount of ports in an effort to stop or at least reduce piracy/P2P usage within their network. The reason for this is because they are technically legally responsible for whatever traffic passes through their network. I think the University of Washington is in deep trouble for their students' usage.

Not to mention telnet used to be a popular way to hack other computers. IIRC one of the most renowned hacks in history was done with telnet.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.