9/11

Simseth

Man, imagine this came with the two twin towers. Damn terrorists. v.v

Anyways, I read there will be absolutely no reference to 9/11 or Ground Zero. So, what will be where the twin towers were if there is no reference? How do you think they will handle the situtation?

Playstation3 Name: Simseth

Add me!

Liberty City isn't an exact copy of NYC. There will be many of the notable landmarks and suburbs, but the rest has been developed by Rockstar.

It's not as if they are figuring out how to omit ground zero, it's more of a case of not having to build it into LC.

Edited by steakncheese

AngelArchHunter
I personally think they should put SOME kind of memorial.

i dont think they would do this.

they will just leave it out .

user posted image

What is with a ton of people touting 9/11 as like the biggest atrocity to ever happen? I understand how it is a big deal, and how the loss of 3000 or so people is really truly tragic. I also understand how it has personally effected thousands more. But people really need to stop using it as pretense to obtain the moral high ground on an issue, or use it to garner sympathy for the U.S. It's not right to place your soapbox atop those people graves (figuratively speaking of course.)

I find it sad that many Americans go on still living in fear, or those who think that this event was somehow the most catastrophic thing to befall our country... not to mention the entire world. In the grand scheme of things 3000+ people isn't that big of a deal... not compared to how many people die because they have inadequate healthcare, or because of driving under the influence, or even domestic violence. There are far worse problems out there... how is it that 9/11 can trump things like the genocide in Darfur where conservative estimates suggest that 500,000 people have died as a result of fighting?

Some people just need to leave 9/11 in the past. It's not necessary to remind the world why we have some sort of right to do whatever the hell we want just because of it. If we really wanted to honor the dead than we'd quietly put our collective noses to the grindstone and find a way to secure our country without sacrificing rights and a way to reach peace in the middle east.

Also just a few days ago it was December 7th. Does that ring a bell for anyone? Well it should... cause its "a date which will live in infamy." Or at least it was supposed to. It was the 68th anniversary on the attack on Pearl Harbor, 2350 people were killed in that attack... yet the oh so forgetful minds of many Americans payed no heed to it. My point is that people should really look into history and understand the past which in return will help you understand current events today. Cause afterall history is nothing more than the just the greatest story ever told, you cant understand what happened in a book by reading just the last chapter. You need to read the whole thing to get the full picture.

BTW this isnt aimed at the poster, its just that these sort of topics tend to contribute to the sort of blind patriotism/jingoism that tends to perpetuate what I mention above.

Edited by voteneg

Liberty City isn't an exact copy of NYC. There will be many of the notable landmarks and suburbs, but the rest has been developed by Rockstar.

It's not as if they are figuring out how to omit ground zero, it's more of a case of not having it into LC.

Pretty much sums it up.

They don't get a city and copy it street for street.

What is with a ton of people touting 9/11 as like the biggest atrocity to ever happen? I understand how it is a big deal, and how the loss of 3000 or so people is really truly tragic. I also understand how it has personally effected thousands more. But people really need to stop using it as pretense to obtain the moral high ground on an issue, or use it to garner sympathy for the U.S. It's not right to place your soapboz atop those people graves (figuratively speaking of course.) I find it sad that many Americans go on still living in fear, or those who think that this event was somehow the most catastrophic thing to befall our country... not to mention the entire world. In the grand scheme of things 3000+ people isn't that big of a deal... not compared to how many people die because they have inadequate healthcare, or because of driving under the influence, or even domestic violence. There are far worse problems out there... how is it that 9/11 can trump things like the genocide in Darfur where conservative estimates suggest that 500,000 people have died as a result of fighting?

Some people just need to leave 9/11 in the past. It's not necessary to remind the world why we have some sort of right to do whatever the hell we want just because of it. If we really wanted to honor the dead than we'd quietly put our collective noses to the grindstone and find a way to secure our country without sacrificing rights and a way to reach peace in the middle east.

I like what he has said as well. Considering WWI, WWII, the Vietnam War, all the wars, it's not the worst thing that has happened. I mean, look at Hitler and the Nazi Army, they killed 15 MILLION people... 6 million who were Jewish. That is something you worry about.

Even now, genocide still happens in parts of Africa. Wars go on, so many things happen, there's no need for Rockstar to bring up these things, as they are hurtful and effect many people.

Edited by ceedot

This has been discussed a million times on this forum.

No twin towers, no airplanes, no ground zero.

suicidal.gif

I read somewhere (and I can't back it up so don't listen to me) that

they would just be cornering it off with big fences where it used to be.

Im not sure why other events are of concern to the matter. Sure women in Darfur have to choose between getting raped or starving to death, and Pearl Harbor created a paranoid nation like the one we live in now, but come on. We're talking about Liberty City; a replica of NY of today. Just because the events of 9/11 werent as significant as any other catastrophic incident in the past doesnt negate the fact that 9/11 IS something thats within our collective conscious, and because this is the case its going to rear its head in many places. The day GTA takes place in Hawaii or Sudan is the day these other events will be brought up. Till than all I can really say is 9/11 and New York go hand in hand. Its really as simple as that.

Anyway, R* paying tribute to the event doesnt feel as something that needs to be done. I think anyone thats ever wanted to payed their grievances has done so already. It still doesnt mean they can make reference to the event or a similar (fictional) event, or even just make a vague blanket statement on America's stand on national security. Its as prevalent now as it was in 2001 so atleast for the time being its going to be an important topic whether one dwells on it or not.

I read somewhere (and I can't back it up so don't listen to me) that

they would just be cornering it off with big fences where it used to be.

It's so easy saying that. It doesn't exactly sound like something Rockstar would do; simply hide something behind a fence. Like many have said before me, this is Liberty City, not New York. They aren't obliged to include a reference or memorial as this isn't the same place.

It is confirmed by Dan Houser that there will be no reference at all of Ground Zero.

Thought so. wink.gif So where did our friend hear of this so called former site cornered off by fences? His uncle who works for Rockstar no doubt...

It is confirmed by Dan Houser that there will be no reference at all of Ground Zero.

Thought so. wink.gif So where did our friend hear of this so called former site cornered off by fences? His uncle who works for Rockstar no doubt...

I remember one of my friends told me he knew who the White Ranger was, because his uncle worked on the Power Rangers set.

That lying piece of sh*t monocle.gif

You'd be proper owned if he was telling the truth. We all know the Black Ranger was better than the White Ranger.

Oooh, racial inequality!? wow.gif

I remember one of my former chums telling me his dad knew the guy who made the Thunderbird models, and if I gave him a tenner, he'd give me a working Thunderbird Two, complete with hydraulics. Lying c*nt.