GTA PC crashes at first dating mission

Shortstop4313

Shortstop4313

• Platform: PC,

• Version of GTA: 2.0 patched to 1.0 (used both)

• What CPU: Athlon 64 3400+

• RAM: DDR2 1 Gig

• Video card: Nvidia 7800 GT

• Windows: Windows XP SP2 (Windows XP NT5.1)

• Which DirectX version: 9.0c

• What sound card: C-Media card.

• History: It's not worked since the original install. Since then I've downgraded, upgraded, 'no-crash' patched and all the rest. Nothing.

Okay, quite simply, I'm running this game with no mods and every time I try to go out with Denise, the first girlfriend, the game crashes with a 'send an error report'.

Since I've exhausted all the other missions, I think this mission is important to the story, so what can I do?

Just like everyone else, no other games run bad or crash on this system. I just beat Bioshock last week with no problems on this PC.

what the hell is up?

Are you still using the original version 2 mission scripts? Check the properties of the file script.img and make sure it matches the following:

Size: 562kb (575,488 bytes)

Modified: Friday August 19, 2005

Also, at what point does it crash? When you pick her up, or when you return home?

Shortstop4313
Are you still using the original version 2 mission scripts? Check the properties of the file script.img and make sure it matches the following:

Size: 562kb (575,488 bytes)

Modified: Friday August 19, 2005

Also, at what point does it crash? When you pick her up, or when you return home?

Yep, August 19th, 2005 10:09 AM.

It crashes right after i stand on the red circle that starts the mission.

Wow, that's very strange. I've heard of dates crashing due to script incompatibility but not your situation.

However, dating Denise is purely optional and isn't necessary to advance the storyline (or even for 100% completion.) There should be another mission available somewhere from Sweet, Big Smoke, OG Loc, CRASH, Ryder, or Cesar.

Shortstop4313
Wow, that's very strange. I've heard of dates crashing due to script incompatibility but not your situation.

However, dating Denise is purely optional and isn't necessary to advance the storyline (or even for 100% completion.) There should be another mission available somewhere from Sweet, Big Smoke, OG Loc, CRASH, Ryder, or Cesar.

Yeah, just did the Cesar mission. Thanks for the help. Was just a hood rat anyways.

If you give me and upload your save file, I'll love to test it. That why I can tell you if it's a corrupt save file, use of cheats or mods. devil.gif

It could be that you need to run it in compatibility mode for "more" stability. If it works for me, then it's your fault!

How about the Pedestrian Riot cheat code, where Denise completely ignores CJ?

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

But the game isn't supposed to crash when CJ steps in the marker.

@Shortstop4313: Have you tried starting a new game? Does it happen on a new game too?

Shortstop4313

@Shortstop4313: Have you tried starting a new game? Does it happen on a new game too?

Getting back to there would take forever.

Getting back to there would take forever.

No, it won't. The mission 'Burning Desire', where Denise becomes your girlfriend, isn't very far from the start of the game. Besides, it's the only way to find out whether there's something wrong with your save or your game.