People's worries...

Unkn0wn W4rri0r

Unkn0wn W4rri0r

As we all know, Rock* has fed us some really good info lately with the box art, trailer, and screen shots. There was one screen shot in particular that had people worried (excluding myself however) about the number of pedestrians. http://media.gtanet.com/images/3860_gta_iv.jpg - this pic is where some people are getting skeptical (at least what I've read) about there not being many peds present is Times Square , NY at night. Yes, it is unfortunetly true that the picture is TOTAL opposite is reality, but I think Rock* can still touch up the quantities. I am NOT flaming, I just want to capitalize on what everyone else thinks of this. The most intriguing part of GTA:IV is the fact that it is supposed to be almost exactly like NYC, especially in terms of population. Please post your thoughts! Thx

W4rri0r

That's definitely an early beta shot. You can tell because the vehicles look awful compared to the official screenshots. I doubt that's how it will be.

I'm really impressed with this screenshot, even though it's a beta. The building textures look really good. In the final game I'm sure there will be plenty of cars and peds.

Edited by Darrel

Exkabewbikadid

Early builds of the game aren't going to show much in the way of pedestrians and vehicles becasue 1) they probably haven't completed all of them at that time and 2) they don't want to give away too much detail about the game anyhow.

I recall one of the early previews telling how Rockstar aims to put as much action on screen at one time as possible, so I think it's safe to say the city will be full of life in the final game, or at least leaps and bounds ahead of previous GTAs.

oQywcQM.jpg

It's just a beta build, I don't understand why nobody understands that...

I know, and I'm still impressed with it. Looks fantastic.