Deluge of New Info:

SamFromVenturas

SamFromVenturas

Is it possible that Rockstar is releasing all this new information to prevent outrage following the possible announcement of a late release for GTAIV? By late I mean a release date of April or possibly May. Or, could they possibly be softening the blow of another impending delay? After all, they haven't pinpointed a release date for us yet.

I don't really think so. I think they are realeasing the new shots and new trailer because we have barely had any info or footage of GTA IV. So i think they are just giving us something to look at until GTA IV's release. Also they sort of have pointed it but not pin pointed it yet. Its releasing in Q2 2008 which is January-April but we still don't know what month or day within that time frame.

Edited by Link@kill

To be honest i wouldn't be surprised if it was released in Febuary. Usually information is released when a game is nearing completion, and why the box art if there is another delay?

Why you gotta be so negative? Seems like you're asking for a delay. And there isnt new info, just a bunch of pics and a trailer. Now if there were some previews then, that is info.

xxmylastregrets

Just reading that, gets me depressed.

I actually sort of have a feeling that its gonna be released a little earlier.

ye i think feburary is the best bet. this will have been the last trailer following tradition so early next year release im reckoning. end of jan wdnt surprise me.

The "deluge" of screenshots (plus the trailer and boxart) we've had recently is just to make up for keeping silent for almost four months without any new content for the GTA fans to go by. We've recently had confirmation from TakeTwo's Zelnick that somewhere between Rockstar's second quater (1st Feb - 30th April), the game will be released.

Think about it - if Rockstar were confident enough to think that October was enough time for them to complete the game, then an extra 5 or so months on top of that will surely be enough. It's just a case of touching up a few last minute things and testing it. They're not going to make the same mistake as last time, I can tell you that now.

So anyone who may even be slighty worried regarding a further delay, don't be. You'll get the game soon enough. icon14.gif

yeah i dont think it will get delay again. thats why they havent released a release date for it. once they know 100% for sure they are done with problems/whatever they'll say a release date, you know.

user posted image

Yer i reckon late feb it will start coming out

=[ i wish it came out before skool goes back coz every1 will hold off on buying it if it does.

I still say Mid-Late Feb, and worse case scenario falling into March. I think that April was just mentioned as it constitutes a part of their 2nd fiscal quarter, so they would be economically remiss to leave that out for all of their shareholders. I still wish it would be finished before February, but thats a near impossibility.

The reason we are getting all this info is so they can re-build the midsummer hype the game had before the delay. Third trailer, a bunch of screens, and i'm sure we will get a new preview from magazines. Plus they will start showing t.v. adverts. Trust me, the latest we will get the game is April. I remember someone saying a little while back that they were confident with the Q2 release, but didn't want to say a date until they are 100 percent certain.

To me, all this new info seems like it means good things to come. I don't think releasing a series of new screenshots and a whole new trailer means it's going to be delayed yet again. I still don't feel it will be released very shortly like next month, especially because the game isn't rated yet, but I do believe sometime shortly after Christmas we might possibly get a release date and definitely start seeing more and more media about the game. All of this new media can't be a bad thing.

I still say Mid-Late Feb, and worse case scenario falling into March. I think that April was just mentioned as it constitutes a part of their 2nd fiscal quarter, so they would be economically remiss to leave that out for all of their shareholders. I still wish it would be finished before February, but thats a near impossibility.

Although all anyone can do is guess right now, most retailers seem to have April as their release date. I've seen about 5 online shops with around about the same date.

each day that goes by is one day closer, well imo i feel mid to late Feb, so in my mind i got bout 2months.

Theres to thinking positive lol

Just reading that, gets me depressed.

I actually sort of have a feeling that its gonna be released a little earlier.

I sort of had a feeling it would be released October 19th, 2007. Onoz.