[BETA|WIP] Things To Do In San Andreas

DeeZire

I already added the Green Sabre as a 100% completion bonus - it even has the same license plate from The Introduction video tounge.gif

BobbyBriggs

hi thank you 4 making this great mod. this mod is the best ive seen. i bought gta 4 on release

day, and after finishing it i was very disappointed cause i loved the extensive free roam that

san andreas offers and decided to mod san andreas and play that instead of complaining.

Your mod really put my love for san andreas back and im playin that instead of GTA IV.

i had a heavily modded san andreas and i just installed your mod over... worked like a charm at first,

but i have encountered a couple of problems and was wondering if it has happend to someone else or if its just cause i modded the game b4 the install. im at the green sabre mision and some bug in the mission makes 1 of the targets you must kill invisible, and you cant kill him, even tho i get lock on him with my weapon. second bug i encountered was in the 2 floor ammunation store, i wasnt able to buy guns cause there was no armsdealer there, allthough

the shooting range worked fine. this is no biggie since the other ammunations work, but the green sabre mission is troubling, i cant pass it. I was also wondering if there is a way to put up the drawdistance, ive tried replacing timesyc and stream but it seems like something in the mod prevents the extra drawdistance from happenin.

Edited by BobbyBriggs

Just wanted to give a heads up that due to a request I made a compatibility patch (DeeZire, I'd discussed this with you over e-mail about two months ago) making my player mod compatible with DeeZire's mod. That thread is here and the download for the compatibility patch is linked on page four of the thread.

- JC_Coop

Bullet_Chris

OK Dezire, if you ain't gonna made this mod for the pirated version, then tell me what exactly makes the game crash on the pirated version?

P.S.:It crashes at the half way.

Safe_Badger

OK Dezire, if you ain't gonna made this mod for the pirated version, then tell me what exactly makes the game crash on the pirated version?

P.S.:It crashes at the half way.

Warez aren't allowed, and I doubt this is either. Love the look, well sound mostly, of this mod. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

EDIT: I mean a non beta version, downloading beta5 now.

EDIT2: Just installed it on a moddable downgraded version 2 SA, doesn't work. Crap.

Edited by Safe_Badger

Bullet_Chris

I do not f*cking understand what's the difference between the warez and the original version.My copy has the virtual image of the original dvd and I do not use no cd crack and it still crashes.And guess what, after you install and uninstall, the game is not usable anymore.Don't know why.It screws up my whole game.I also tried only replacing the scripts but it still crashes. icon13.gif

All the other mods\mission mods work fine on warez, only this one f*cks up.I've sent you a PM Deezire and you did not answer me.What the f*ck makes the warez version not work with this mod? I thought that warez=original with the exceptionj of the exe which is cracked.

Can somebody explain me why it isn't working if Deezire can't?

Bullet_Chris

Relax, dude, I already solved this problem biggrin.gif That "save bug" caused by modded cargrpr.dat that included in this wonderfull mod. Just replace it with original (or another version from another mod) and have fun! I think this information will be usefull for all so please somebody tell this DeeZire if he don't know(I am not registered at gtagarage). BTW, can't wait final version of Volume 1. DeeZire, keep it up wink.gificon14.gifcookie.gif

Bullet_Chris

Bullet_Chris

Relax, dude, I already solved this problem biggrin.gif That "save bug" caused by modded cargrpr.dat that included in this wonderfull mod. Just replace it with original (or another version from another mod) and have fun! I think this information will be usefull for all so please somebody tell this DeeZire if he don't know(I am not registered at gtagarage). BTW, can't wait final version of Volume 1. DeeZire, keep it up  wink.gificon14.gif  cookie.gif

Actually, it is not working!I installed the game by using the San Andreas Mod Installer(before installing I've corrected the mistakes in the sami file which was containing mistaken lines like txt instead of txd)and after that I've replaced the carprp.dat with the original and it still did not work, both with the cracked and non cracked exe. mercie_blink.gif

So, after all, is there anyone who can help me out?

Edited by Bullet_Chris

@Bullet_Chris - What exactly is the problem you are having? At which point does the game crash for you? Gimme some specifics and I'll see what I can do.

Bullet_Chris

@Bullet_Chris - What exactly is the problem you are having? At which point does the game crash for you? Gimme some specifics and I'll see what I can do.

Sorry, I haven't been on the forums for a few days.

Well, the game crashes when I start a new game at the half way.I practically haven't been able to play at all.I really hate that but I still f*ckin' love your mod! inlove.gif

GamerShotgun

What version of the game are you using? Just to let you know, it doesn't work with 2.0 version of SA...

Well, the game crashes when I start a new game at the half way.

OK, thats usually caused by a problem in GTA3.IMG. Make sure that you have installed all the files correctly, and follow these tips when adding things to the IMG archives.

- Use IMG Tool 2.0

- Do not REPLACE files. Delete the original file first then add the replacement files (only if appropriate as some files are new to the game and thus just need to be added rather than replacing exisiting files).

- Add the new files one at a time.

- Rebuild & save the archive when done.

- To make this simple, I always worked with the files in alphabetical order, deleting all the files first that needed replacing in GTA3.IMG, then adding all the files to it one at a time from the mod.

The biggest issue I found with editing GTA3.IMG was caused by the binary IPL files. What I did was use the Spark IMG editor to replace all other files, then saved the archive. I then used IMG Tool 2.0 to delete the relevant binary IPL files, then added the replacement ones, one at a time, rebuilt the archive and I was good to go. Because SAMI uses the Spark code, it too can cause a problem so reverting to this manual method can fix things.

As long as you are using V1.0 (or a properly downgraded V2.0) then you should be OK. And finally, yes I kept a backup of GTA3.IMG in case I screwed it up.

i have a problem with this mod,when i have mission robbing with catalina, the dollars marker is not show on radar, then i don't know the way to find a place to rob sad.gif

Bullet_Chris

Well, the game crashes when I start a new game at the half way.

OK, thats usually caused by a problem in GTA3.IMG. Make sure that you have installed all the files correctly, and follow these tips when adding things to the IMG archives.

- Use IMG Tool 2.0

- Do not REPLACE files. Delete the original file first then add the replacement files (only if appropriate as some files are new to the game and thus just need to be added rather than replacing exisiting files).

- Add the new files one at a time.

- Rebuild & save the archive when done.

- To make this simple, I always worked with the files in alphabetical order, deleting all the files first that needed replacing in GTA3.IMG, then adding all the files to it one at a time from the mod.

The biggest issue I found with editing GTA3.IMG was caused by the binary IPL files. What I did was use the Spark IMG editor to replace all other files, then saved the archive. I then used IMG Tool 2.0 to delete the relevant binary IPL files, then added the replacement ones, one at a time, rebuilt the archive and I was good to go. Because SAMI uses the Spark code, it too can cause a problem so reverting to this manual method can fix things.

As long as you are using V1.0 (or a properly downgraded V2.0) then you should be OK. And finally, yes I kept a backup of GTA3.IMG in case I screwed it up.

I have done everthing as you said but it is still not working. nervous.gif An yes, I have v1.

I do not think that the GTA3.img is the problem.The .dat files might be.I once downloaded a mod which was containng .dat files and it didn't work bcause of them.(this mod was for gta 3)

Edit:This is what happens

user posted image

This time, when I manually replaced the files, the game loaded a bit further.

Edited by Bullet_Chris

OK I will take a look into it. I will probably release an updated BETA soon as people are very confused with the current one(s) and it has been known to cause some probs. Stick with it, I will get it sorted, thanx for your patience.

nuttybutty

Why, thank you. I love BETA. So I hope I get to use this.

Also, will you include this rumour "you could smoke and chew gum" in TTDISA?

BobbyBriggs

Hi Bullet Chris... i think i know your problem... you "Fixed" the sami archive... you dont need to do that... i made that mistake 2. ok ill tell you what i did..

1. download and unpack the TTDISA beta 4

2. there is a beta 5 on this page that wasnt excectly easy to find. download and unpack it.

3. now take the beta 5 files and use them to replace the ones in beta 4... all of them including the script.

4. now you can click on the sami script and it should work

5. open img tool and rebuild the archive.

now you should b set to go...

btw Dezzire i found out it was my modding that made problems with the sabre mission...

again BEST MOD EVER

hope this works 4 u chris

oh 1 more thing dezzire... i think a lot of people get problems cause they cant find beta 5 with the right sami script... i had a few problems 2, until i sat down and read evry page and found beta 5. perhaps put the links 2gether if posible?

Bullet_Chris
Hi Bullet Chris... i think i know your problem... you "Fixed" the sami archive... you dont need to do that... i made that mistake 2. ok ill tell you what i did..

1. download and unpack the TTDISA beta 4

2. there is a beta 5 on this page that wasnt excectly easy to find. download and unpack it.

3. now take the beta 5 files and use them to replace the ones in beta 4... all of them including the script.

4. now you can click on the sami script and it should work

now you should b set to go...

btw Dezzire i found out it was my modding that made problems with the sabre mission...

again BEST MOD EVER

hope this works 4 u chris

oh 1 more thing dezzire... i think a lot of people get problems cause they cant find beta 5 with the right sami script... i had a few problems 2, until i sat down and read evry page and found beta 5. perhaps put the links 2gether if posible?

I apreciate your help, but WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

There is no beta 5 nowhere, and you said

2. there is a beta 5 on this page
but on this page is only your and mine posts.Or what page was you reffering to?

BobbyBriggs
And where is the download link? looks pretty nice, but I want to test it by myseft, and I can't find the link.

Greetings!

this is the link to the mod: Download

bullet chris...i think this is the link...

Bullet_Chris

And where is the download link? looks pretty nice, but I want to test it by myseft, and I can't find the link.

Greetings!

this is the link to the mod: Download

bullet chris...i think this is the link...

Thanks man!Sorry at swearing, I loose my temper sometimes.I'll try it!

Edit:It works! Even if I use no cd crack!

One thing I don't like is that the Impounded cutscene doesnt fit with the dialog.

Edited by Bullet_Chris

One thing I don't like is that the Impounded cutscene doesnt fit with the dialog.

You see... actually, there's a little problem. The cutscene was cut out by R* from the distribution (audiotrack and the subtitles is the only things left), so there's only 2 possible ways to get it back:

1. Copy the nearly suitable pieces of the other game cutscenes and combine them into what you saw in that cutscene... blush.gif

2. Create it in 3DS Max from scratch (requires lots of time and GTA SA cutscene format filter (don't exist yet, i suppose)). confused.gif

you say rebuild but which image file i need to rebuild confused.gif

cuvip, here's the list of changed files:

anim\cuts.img

models\gta_int.img *

models\player.img

models\gta3.img *

* - rebuilding those is necessary

^ Yes, this is what I did, I used another cutscene animation sequence but with the Impounded audio instead. Its about as near as I could get it. I did have a machinima sequence instead at one time but it did not convey the purpose of the mission too well, so in the end I thought it was better this way (even though its not perfect) because you get the original audio sequence which explains things better. The same is true for the 'Doberman' mission as well.

Bullet_Chris

^ Yes, this is what I did, I used another cutscene animation sequence but with the Impounded audio instead. Its about as near as I could get it. I did have a machinima sequence instead at one time but it did not convey the purpose of the mission too well, so in the end I thought it was better this way (even though its not perfect) because you get the original audio sequence which explains things better. The same is true for the 'Doberman' mission as well.

Well, machinima cutscenes would be better instead of cuts from other missions.

Straight to the facts

I found a bug as I'm near the ending of this game.After you pass Zero's mission 'Tanked Up' you cannot initiate the last one which is 'New Model Army'.It happens that when I step in the mission trigger marker the mission won't initiate.Another bug is with Hot Coffe when you get into Michelle's house.The sex minigame starts but Michelle is clipping inside the bed when CJ is actually f*cking the bed.I hate that!I dont like that you've added GTA3\VC cars and inutile missions(car salesman).

Here are some tips for the final version

Fix the bugs listed and fix the bug when your territory is under attack you can skip defending it by saving the game.Put simple scripted cutscenes(machinima) instead of using some from other missions.Put some features such as turning headlights on and off.I saw that the interior of the donut shop or whatever is completely designed whith cols and sh*t so you could use that interior for selling donuts.Add the feature of being able to meet your friends\contacts outside their houses and give them a special abillity.

Edit:For those wanting to 100% the game dont try because it is impossble because on the penultimate mission where you have to help Cesar clean up his hood the game crashes when you try to recruit homies!

Edited by Bullet_Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Still chipping away at it and making steady progress. The bugs have now all been fixed I reckon. Check the thread at GTA Garage in my sig for the latest, I tend to update there more regularly.

I like this mod... colgate.gif Maybe mainly because it restores the removed things from R*. Yesterday I've 100%-ed the BETA 5 smile.gif