So the cop AI has been overhauled

sabbathfan

What happens when they arrest you? I doubt it'll just come up BUSTED like it used to. I havent seen any topics on this before. As for taking money and weapons. Yeah I can see them taking weapons. Not so sure about money. But will it do what it did previously and just warp to Niko standing in front of the police station a few hours later, suddenly a free man?

If they have overhauled the rest shouldn't they make this more realistic too? Maybe you have to call your lawyer. There could be a mini game where you are being interrogated and you have to say the right answers.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

Strangely I don't think they'll need to interrogate Niko, I'm pretty sure they'd have evidence tounge.gif

I'd just prefer to be outside of the police station, or at the custody desk.

As for getting nicked, then yeah, I'd prefer a more 'realistic' attempt at this. Maybe the copper could read you your rights?

I don't want my money taken away! I read it's alot harder to earn money. That true?

It will be interesting to see what they've done with the busted system. happy.gif

I don't think the mini game would be fun after a few times. And I doubt Rockstar would take the time to impliment it as a optional feature because you'd no doubt turn it off after trying it a few times.

I think it's fine the way it is tbh. You do the crime, you get busted and you bribe your way out of a prison sentence. I can't remember if you lose money when you get busted, if not then you should smile.gif It would make the game more difficult (at least at the start when your money isn't great) and you're bribe would increase depending on the length of pursuit and the severity of your crimes.

But I think it may be too late in the day for suggestions of GTA IV tounge.gif

Andy

The reason the other GTA's took your money when you got busted was as a bribe, so you never even got booked.

Maybe the corrupt detective, McCreary keeps Niko out of jail on some deal in this game, since it seems you will be working for him, possibly so Niko can stay in America(hes the one who tells Niko to kill the guy on the cell phone and take the memory stick back in the demo). It could go to a cut scene of McCreary standing infront of the cell door as it opens and they walk out of the jail. McCreary says something, Niko says something sarcastic back and you continue on your way.

I remember reading something about criminal records but I can't find it.

Edited by RidingHigh

I don't want my money taken away! I read it's alot harder to earn money. That true?

Its going to be fun making money on this gta... lots of ways

on tp- I have no clue

user posted image

Its going to be fun making money on this gta... lots of ways

on tp- I have no clue... but niko will save his n a atm machine now

EDIT- my bad for the double post

Edited by GhostMann
user posted image

Most people are asking for realism, but if they put it all in, you wouldn't like the game at all.

I say keep it the way it is.

What happens when they arrest you? I doubt it'll just come up BUSTED like it used to. I havent seen any topics on this before. As for taking money and weapons. Yeah I can see them taking weapons. Not so sure about money. But will it do what it did previously and just warp to Niko standing in front of the police station a few hours later, suddenly a free man?

If they have overhauled the rest shouldn't they make this more realistic too? Maybe you have to call your lawyer. There could be a mini game where you are being interrogated and you have to say the right answers.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

I really like your ideas, and agree. In GTA, most times I get Busted/Wasted, I reload my last save game, to get back my guns and to some extent the money. I'm sure a lot more people do that rather than continue, and try getting back all the guns and ammo they lost. I see the interrogation mini-game, or just having to phone a lawyer - maybe even see a quick clip of a trail verdict, not at all as something that will make the game boring or get in your way - infact it'll add more variety to the game.

They should add the choice of somehow breaking out of jail, but you'll get a high initial wanted level, and high long-term wanted level - the more you do it, the higher your initial and long-term wanted levels, and the harder they make it next time to escape. Imagine Niko's cell guarded by armed SWAT, or even CIA black-ops. inlove.gif

However, those ideas are IMO are slightly too good to be true, and I doubt R* will put them in GTA4. I'm expecting the old system - maybe when you don't have the money to pay hospital fees, you get debt and the loan sharks come after you.

6g8AhC3.jpg

Niko just spend a few hours in the jail or have to do a job for a cop..... then they'll watch niko until he does that job

user posted image

Maybe it's just me or don't you think that when it's origional, it's better, because that's what we've grown to love?

Maybe by setting the difficulty level ... they talked about acting criminal, and cops might remember you in certain area for a while.

I think the 'busted' system will remain the same, maybe with a considerable loss in terms of time, since time factor is more relevant than before.

Im pretty sure they will do something new with it, at least i hope they do. Maybe getting a ticket for speeding? Stuff like that. As for the mini game, who really plans on getting busted that much? biggrin.gif

Im pretty sure they will do something new with it, at least i hope they do. Maybe getting a ticket for speeding? Stuff like that. As for the mini game, who really plans on getting busted that much? biggrin.gif

Ticket for speeding = icon13.gif

That takes away the whole fun of GTA. That's like the whole point of GTA. To have freedom of what you do, how fast you go. I hate this realism sh*t, I don't see why so many people want it.

That takes away the whole fun of GTA. That's like the whole point of GTA. To have freedom of what you do, how fast you go. I hate this realism sh*t, I don't see why so many people want it.

+1

I want GTA not to much realism, i still wanna go on mad rampages !

Because it's a new experience... I don't see how you can hate all the realistic aspects...

How would speeding tickets remove the fun? Please explain. If you are the type of player who just likes to cause mayhem then the laws don't really matter.... For christs sake people stop picking at every new possibility.

For me all the fun will be the realism.

Yeah. Ticket, wow. If you are too dumb to get caught then you deserve it. If you are what you act like, 1337 killer that wants to go n mad rampage etc - then do it, and since you are so 1337 you should escape the cops right? If you get caught, you get killed, but this time you might just get a ticket , so wtf? Get out kids and let the real people that want realism get in.

As for getting nicked, then yeah, I'd prefer a more 'realistic' attempt at this. Maybe the copper could read you your rights?

It would be nice to be in court, then you could escape out of court and then be on the run biggrin.gif Then you get into a car and Da Shootaz - Joyride is playing. Man they have to bring that song back for IV that song like represents the game!

you guys are going kinda overboard with this realistic stuff. Go to court? get a speeding ticket? What kinda crap is that? That would be no fun at all, when just pony farming. You want to go as fast as you can sometimes. Thats whats fun about gta. You dont have to follow dumb traffic laws. You want traffic laws go play Driver. Im glad you guys arent developers. Cause if you were this game would be horrible.

you guys are going kinda overboard with this realistic stuff. Go to court? get a speeding ticket? What kinda crap is that?

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Its funny because its true.

you guys are going kinda overboard with this realistic stuff. Go to court? get a speeding ticket? What kinda crap is that?

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Its funny because its true.

it could be that it will cost more when you get arrested, because in several screenshots of the trailer we see a sign that says: NO PROBLEMO, BAIL BONDS (and a phone number)

you guys are going kinda overboard with this realistic stuff. Go to court? get a speeding ticket? What kinda crap is that? That would be no fun at all, when just pony farming. You want to go as fast as you can sometimes. Thats whats fun about gta. You dont have to follow dumb traffic laws. You want traffic laws go play Driver. Im glad you guys arent developers. Cause if you were this game would be horrible.

Okay you know you really make no sense at all. I think you just like to pi$s on every single notion of realism in the game and I can't understand it. You seem to be against all realism judging from most of your posts...

Funny thing is, if all you want to do is drive 120mph and go on rampages then why should little things like traffic laws matter to you!?? It would make no difference as you would be gaining 3-6 stars by crashing into cops and running over peds!! Stop moaning about little things that won't affect you at all! It's getting ridiculous...

As R* stated, this game is supposed to pull you into a real, life like city. They want it to be realistic. If you really don't like this then I think you would be better off sticking to the old titles.. Just give it a rest okay...

Okay you know you really make no sense at all. I think you just like to pi$s on every single notion of realism in the game and I can't understand it. You seem to be against all realism judging from most of your posts...

Funny thing is, if all you want to do is drive 120mph and go on rampages then why should little things like traffic laws matter to you!?? It would make no difference as you would be gaining 3-6 stars by crashing into cops and running over peds!! Stop moaning about little things that won't affect you at all! It's getting ridiculous...

As R* stated, this game is supposed to pull you into a real, life like city. They want it to be realistic. If you really don't like this then I think you would be better off sticking to the old titles.. Just give it a rest okay...

Agreed. NoSkillz, you really do need to go and play Saint's Row or something if you don't like realism. I personally hope GTA can find a nice midway point between realism and arcade (as far as gaming will allow) in future versions.

If ticketing were in the game there would be a way to get out of getting one. A) Don't speed. B) Floor it.

I dont go on rampages im my games. But i like to drive fast. And crap like traffic laws is just dumb in a video game. Dont be dissapointed when there is nothing like traffic laws in the game though. R* knows what makes these games fun. Its freedom to do whatever you want. Not follow some rules. Have fun drivng 20mph in your game. It was ok in Mafia, cause there wasnt much to do in the city. And it was just horrible in driver. What makes you think it would be fun in gta?

Yea they might be making the game a little bit more realistic, but we are hanging 50 stories in the air on a helicopter, and hanging on the back of a speeding truck.. Like i said R* knows what is fun and what isnt fun.

people are going WAY too far with this 'realism' thing.

im glad you arent the one designing the game.....

it would suck, quite frankly.

When i get caught, i dont want to spend an hour waiting to get out.

This is why people buy Grand Theft auto, to shoot, kill , speed and do what ever you cant do in real life.Good luck driving 25 mph . If you designed this game there would be about 45 copies sold.

Edited by BigTen

LMAO, i said that, looked up a few posts and saw you said the same thing.

i agree 100%.