CARS EXPLODING & GETTING WRECKED

GTA's BIGGEST FAN

GTA's BIGGEST FAN

first of all, i hope this wasn't mentioned before cause as far as i looked through the massive amounts of topics i was not able to find not even one so tell me if I'm mistaken and i will lock this topic immediately... Thank You!

Now to the topic,

What do you think about cars catching fire and blowing up as soon as they flip over ???

Personally, i think a car should never blow up unless you fire at the fuel tank or if the car catches fire reasonably like from a near explosion or perhaps when crashing into something huge like a thirteen wheeler or something

I also have the idea of cars breaking down and stopping when its damaged so bad ...

and if Niko gets hurt or affected every time the car is hit/crashes! but i really would not like that and i don't want it in any game ever ...

DISCUSS!!

PLEASE IF POSSIBLE ... can a mod create a poll about weather people would like cars to blow up when it flips or not ? just a simple YES or NO question ...

Thanks Again!

What do you think about cars catching fire and blowing up as soon as they flip over ???

They should make it like on The Simpsons where anything that crashes (food cart, bicycle, shopping cart, baby carriage, etc.) just bursts into flames and explodes.

They should make it like on The Simpsons where anything that crashes (food cart, bicycle, shopping cart, baby carriage, etc.) just bursts into flames and explodes.

I agree.

It would certanly add to the realism thing they are going for and it will prevent a ton of mission failures by having your car fliped over then blown up.

I really hope they scrap the whole 'turn over/shot enough/crashed enough' explosions. We should have to think of more creative ways to get the cops off our tails without simply standing with a gun, shooting at the bonnet.

I don't want the cars in IV to explode as in the prvious GTAs. However the idea of cars breaking down is not so good as it can sound. I hated it in Getaway when you have cops on tail and you have to take a free week to make your car go foooorwaaarddd... You know what I mean? dozingoff.gif I say be it, but the car wouldn't really slow down much before it gets really badly damaged. Or maybe a fatal crashes would work.

And I don't want Niko to get injured while crashing.

GTA's BIGGEST FAN
It would certanly add to the realism thing they are going for and it will prevent a ton of mission failures by having your car fliped over then blown up.

exactly... i hated when that happened mad.gif

I can confidently say, unfortunatly, cars will explode like they did in previous games.

Take a look at this screenshot. Look back behind the guy running and to the right a little, theres a blown up car on fire like in previous games, only it looks alot better than previous games.

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3808_gta_iv.jpg

I just noticed it a while ago, lol.

I could be wrong, but who knows =/.

Edited by Death_Blade

GTA's BIGGEST FAN

yh i didnt notice that , nice find

it doesnt wrap it up though cuz yh they explode when fired at but will it catch fire and blow up when its flipped over ??

thats the question biggrin.gif

Most likely they will catch fire when they're flipped over. Since that pic could be evidence of the car explosions, most likely that means they kept the old system, so id assume they'll explode when flipped over.

But who knows. We wont know for sure until the final product. Things could easily be changed.

Personally, i think a car should never blow up unless you fire at the fuel tank.

And there's already been a topic about this created recently within the past 3 days. I can't find it though.

If you're going for extreme realism, that wouldn't be possible, it wouldn't happen in real life.

I think the cars will blow when they are flipped. just check out the screen capture from trailer 3 with the fireman running across the screen.

I think the explosion he is running from is from an overturned car.

Check out Jordan's shot by shot overview of the trailer to see what i mean....i'm too lazy/ignorant to post it here.

i' still undecided on whether i think its a good thing that the cars may still blow when there upside down...hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I can confidently say, unfortunatly, cars will explode like they did in previous games.

Take a look at this screenshot.  Look back behind the guy running and to the right a little, theres a blown up car on fire like in previous games, only it looks alot better than previous games.

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3808_gta_iv.jpg

I just noticed it a while ago, lol.

I could be wrong, but who knows =/.

Well at least it's not upside down. If it was we wouldn't be wondering.

Well because when a car flips over, you couldn't just push it back over and get inside so it needs to be removed from play. I think this is why cars will still explode, so that they are unusable and then disappear from the game as opposed to just disappearing out of nowhere...

Well because when a car flips over, you couldn't just push it back over and get inside so it needs to be removed from play. I think this is why cars will still explode, so that they are unusable and then disappear from the game as opposed to just disappearing out of nowhere...

True, very true.

Well an upside down, burning car with smoke coming from it is still just as useless as a battered, upside down car.. There really is no need for them to explode.. It's not like these 2 next gen consoles wouldn't be able to handle it.. Seriously, how many times do you flip over more than one car at any given time? There's no need to remove it from gameplay, because you're probably going to go far enough away for it to dissapear in a few minutes..

I think cars will be hard to tip over, they will be heavier this time. Either that or Niko will have powers to flip them over, OR you will press a button to flip the car biggrin.gif

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

It's already been confirmed that cars will only 'blow up' if their destroyed with grenades or rockets or something drastic like that.

So, no blowing up because they've flipped or because of heavy gunfire. Unless they shoot the gas pump, assuming they keep that feature. It'd be a lot better if cars would blow up if leaking gasoline was shot at, thus sparking a flame and igniting the whole damn area.

So, cars explode with grenades, rockets, that's all I'm aware of.

There are topics on this .. i just commented one the other day but it might have got locked .. im almost 100 percent positive i remember seeing that cars wont blow up when flipped over .. they have to be blown up with a grenade, rocket launcher, etc. ..

DON GARCIA beat me ..

It's already been confirmed that cars will only 'blow up' if their destroyed with grenades or rockets or something drastic like that.

So, no blowing up because they've flipped or because of heavy gunfire. Unless they shoot the gas pump, assuming they keep that feature. It'd be a lot better if cars would blow up if leaking gasoline was shot at, thus sparking a flame and igniting the whole damn area.

So, cars explode with grenades, rockets, that's all I'm aware of.

well alot of thing explode with grenades, rockets, etc.

Didn't that confirmation come with all those other fake 'facts'. The guy from Gamespot made them up, he mentioned K9 unites as well. I don't think any reputable source has said anything about exploding cars..

I'm pretty sure that's not a 'fake fact', I can't remember when I heard it, but I'm fairly certain that's reliable info.

I think the cars should blow up if you switch through all the radio stations too fast.

^ Haha, that actually made me laugh...

Imagine, ewwww, I'd be pissed.

Getting wrecked as you put it was seen in trailer 3 I'm guessing when the cop car was hit and the grill was crushed. So, I'm expecting some amazing experiences that will be unique to everyone seeing as the new physics engine will promise uncanned moments.

DreamsLieHere
I think the cars should blow up if you switch through all the radio stations too fast.

LOL. *switchswitchswitchswitch*

and suddenly BOOM you're wasted.

Anyway, yeah grenades or rockets should be the thing that makes cars explode. I mean everyone hated the upside down explode thing.

Lol i still remember doing missions where my car was almost tipping over but thankfully i used the opposite arrow trick* to save my car. Lol everytime i did that i heaved a sigh of relief.

Especially my modded cars in SA.

*(off-topic)For those of you who don't know, the opposite arrow trick (as I call it) is used to save your car from tipping over. Just press brake and the opposite direction your car is going to tip over, and your car will be saved.

Having the cars blow up after too much damage, or simply after being flipped over is kind of traditional to GTA. I'd like to see it stay like that, because otherwise, cars would probably work for too long, just making it unrealistic anyway.