English translation of the Chinese tattoo

BrianHut

My quick find. The hanzi tattoo on the large muscular guys left chest is wo, which in Chinese means Me or I. There is a also a hanzi tattoo on his right forearm but it is not clear what it says. The last character in the series is fen which has many many meanings and the first one is likely love. The series of characters on his left forearm are unclear as well. The first character is definitely 2 as in the number 2, and the last couple could be a few things. I'd have to get one of my friends to take a look at it tomorrow as where I am it's 2:30 am right now. Also I am watching the low def trailer and not the high def. I'm sure if I got some clearer video I could figure it out. Just to stir the pot a bit, the left arm tattoo could possible be a date or something written in Chinese (release date maybe?). Doubtful but who knows. Thanks!

Nice work! icon14.gif The tattoo on his stomach says "Momma" or "Mommy" too.

This is off-topic, but it looks like this guy seen a lot of action. Look at his stomach. It looks like he was shot there once and he was healed.

My quick find. The hanzi tattoo on the large muscular guys left chest is wo, which in Chinese means Me or I. There is a also a hanzi tattoo on his right forearm but it is not clear what it says. The last character in the series is fen which has many many meanings and the first one is likely love. The series of characters on his left forearm are unclear as well. The first character is definitely 2 as in the number 2, and the last couple could be a few things. I'd have to get one of my friends to take a look at it tomorrow as where I am it's 2:30 am right now. Also I am watching the low def trailer and not the high def. I'm sure if I got some clearer video I could figure it out. Just to stir the pot a bit, the left arm tattoo could possible be a date or something written in Chinese (release date maybe?). Doubtful but who knows. Thanks!

What a fantastic idea that would be for a release date!

I know enough Mandarin to recognize numbers, so I'll download the trailer in HD and check it out.

Member created new account.

I was mostly kidding about the release date bit. There is certainly a 2 in there but the last couple characters definitely aren't numbers or months, or years. In fact I think it might not even be mandarin, it may be cantonese. The last trailer had a quick glimpse of a chinese sign when Niko was driving through China town. It was for insurance and the characters were Cantonese.

Holy sh*t. I see numbers. monocle.gif I definitely see a 2, and maybe a 9.

EDIT: Possibly a 5 in there, too. I'll post the screen caps, hold on.

Edited by ieatyourface

And here I was hoping the tattoo on that guy's chest meant "stupid American". sad.gif

You guys know what I'm talking about. wink.gif

That would've been awesome if R* picked up on that chance for humour...

Edited by Supreme.

To kill a little time while we wait for some high def screen caps, here's a fun website I browse from time to time dedicated to the F@#&%# morons who get hanzi tattoos and have no clue what they even mean. Some of these are hilarious.

http://www.hanzismatter.com/

And here I was hoping the tattoo on that guy's chest meant "stupid American". sad.gif

You guys know what I'm talking about. wink.gif

That would've been awesome if R* picked up on that chance for humour...

user posted image

user posted image

Make of it what you will. ph34r.gif

Edited by ieatyourface

LMAO.

Though, it would've been ideal if R* had Niko ask the guy what the tattoo on his chest meant and he said "Proud American" or something to that effect, when indeed it meant "stupid American". lol.gif

Then Niko could have asked him what the signs on his arm meant, and he could say they mean "Love", when they really mean "69"! happy.gif

THAT would have been hilarious. cryani.gif

Here's what 2 5 and 9 look like in mandarin.

二 五 九

This is a tough call, wish I had a better view

LMAO.

Though, it would've been ideal if R* had Niko ask the guy what the tattoo on his chest meant and he said "Proud American" or something to that effect, when indeed it meant "stupid American". lol.gif

Then Niko could have asked him what the signs on his arm meant, and he could say they mean "Love", when they really mean "69"! happy.gif

THAT would have been hilarious. cryani.gif

Agreed, that would have been hilarious. I know a guy that asked a waiter at a chinese restaurant how to write his name in Chinese. She wrote it down for him and he got it tattooed on his chest. 10 years later he was vacationing in Thailand and someone pointed out to him he had the words coca cola tattooed on his chest.

Agreed, that would have been hilarious.  I know a guy that asked a waiter at a chinese restaurant how to write his name in Chinese.  She wrote it down for him and he got it tattooed on his chest.  10 years later he was vacationing in Thailand and someone pointed out to him he had the words coca cola tattooed on his chest.

That's what I'm talkin' about. devil.gif

If they're numbers are in JP kanji, then they might be:

First one is 7 - Žµ(nano).

Second one looks like ‹ã(kyu) or –œ(man), but aren't quate them. They mean 9 or 10k.

And the last one looks a bit like ˜Z (roku), that means 6.

If they're numbers are in JP kanji, then they might be:

First one is 7 - Žµ(nano).

Second one looks like ‹ã(kyu) or –œ(man), but aren't quate them. They mean 9 or 10k.

And the last one looks a bit like ˜Z (roku), that means 6.

Not sure why he would have japanese and chinese written on him but who knows. I have no clue how to write numbers in kanji so i'll take your word for it.

The more I look at it, it starts to look like '296'. There's no way it's a release date, unfortunately. I guess we'll have to wait and see to find out what it means.

Agreed, that would have been hilarious. I know a guy that asked a waiter at a chinese restaurant how to write his name in Chinese. She wrote it down for him and he got it tattooed on his chest. 10 years later he was vacationing in Thailand and someone pointed out to him he had the words coca cola tattooed on his chest.

And that's him I suppose? http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article369654.ece notify.gif

When GTA4 does release, it will be on a Tuesday, won't it? Not really sure about video games. I know it's true for DVD's and Music.

So if it's true for video games, make sure the date falls on a tuesday.

I think the previous GTAs were released at Friday. At least for europe... monocle.gif

It could be May 29, 2007? suicidal.gif

A tuesday?

The PS2 release of GTA:SA was on October 26th, and it was a Tuesday as well.

Let the speculation begin...

...I know a guy that asked a waiter at a chinese restaurant how to write his name in Chinese.  She wrote it down for him and he got it tattooed on his chest.  10 years later he was vacationing in Thailand and someone pointed out to him he had the words coca cola tattooed on his chest.

Dude, you took that story from this "Sun" article that was from the page you just linked to in your earlier post.

WTF. mercie_blink.gif

Anyway, I can't help to translate this, so... turn.gif

I saw on a trailer breakdown video it means "Baby" or "Child"

His stomach says "Mommy" tounge.gif

But hey, you're the Chinaman, so I guess you'd know tounge.gif

-derty

LUCK FOR A BUCK!!!!! f*ck Yea!

GTAF's Most Annoying Unbanned Member.

user posted image

bai. -jllr

I saw on a trailer breakdown video it means "Baby" or "Child"

His stomach says "Mommy" tounge.gif

But hey, you're the Chinaman, so I guess you'd know tounge.gif

-derty

I'm not Chinese. I just happened to have learned Mandarin for two years.