Pc Games Question

Gabe Logan

Ok I was just wondering if you can somehow mod a PC games cutscenes. I want to record the footage of the cutscenes which I will do with fraps. BUT the cutscenes have music in them and I would like to add my own music. So is there anyway to take out the music of the cutscenes?

I want to have the characters speaking in the cutscenes without the music.

Thanks for your time.

But wouldnt that remove the audio of the characters? I just want to remove the background music in the cutscenes.

Yeah it would, Basicly you need the orginal voice clip of the charaters in that cutscene then add them together with your music....bit of searching through files but it's the only way I know of.

Depends on the game. First of all, check options and see if there is a separate music volume. That would be a trivial solution.

In some games, if you simply remove the music files (first you have to find them, of course) the game will go on without music. In other games, the game will throw an error and refuse to run that way. In that case, you'd have to replace music files with silence. And what is even worse is that a lot of games now use container files of some sort. So you'd need both a way to generate music in appropriate format and to manipulate files within a container.

Is it a particular game or several different games? Somebody might have better ideas if you name particular titles.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Depends on the game. First of all, check options and see if there is a separate music volume. That would be a trivial solution.

In some games, if you simply remove the music files (first you have to find them, of course) the game will go on without music. In other games, the game will throw an error and refuse to run that way. In that case, you'd have to replace music files with silence. And what is even worse is that a lot of games now use container files of some sort. So you'd need both a way to generate music in appropriate format and to manipulate files within a container.

Is it a particular game or several different games? Somebody might have better ideas if you name particular titles.

I didn't think of the music volume...

Most games use use pre-recorded video files with the music already in the background, however there are games like GTA IV that don't do that.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.